Buying
Discover tried-and-true techniques for better bidding and buying on eBay from fellow experienced members.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

still waiting on my refund

Hi why do you advertise products on ebay that you cannot deliver.i ordered a golf cart seat on your website. i paid this through pay pal account now on 5 weeks still waiting on my refund .poor customer service.

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

On CA sale Tax reimbersement before Tax exampt

I am a reseller with CA seller permit. I just got my CA tax exempt approved by ebay and now I don't have to pay tax if the item is shipped to CA. I really should have applied for it earlier since I already paid too much sale tax since last October wh...

Resolved! Seller will not respond to my request for a total in spite of prior arrangements

So, recently I sent a message to a seller out in another country asking if they would be willing to ship to the USA. I am well aware that not everyone likes to be asked that, but I figured they could just ignore me if they didn't want to ship to me. ...

User avatar by Adventurer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Accidentally Cancelled return on item that arrived damaged

I spent $320 on some thrustmaster Gaming steering wheel from eBay seller it was never specified to fit uk outlets only. The manual says don’t use power adapters so I had to order an adapter that doesn’t change power but only allows the plug to be plu...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

call off an agreement

Does integrity matter anymore or is it okay to call off an agreement because a better was made? Where I'm from you stick to your word and not make excuses or "weasel out" of an agreement.

• 18 replies
  • 0 helpful

Puerto Rico shipping with 0 feedback

Im a little concerned, had an item sell for a little over $30, the buyer's account was made in 2018 and has 0 feedback out of Puerto Rico. They paid immediately . Should i be concerned? Any scams i should know? I havent had a zero purchaser in years.

Seller Listing Inventory not available.

Many Sellers lie about Item Location and Inventory on Hand. Ebay only protects the seller and doesn't provide any recourse for a refund to the buyer. So sellers are giving 6,8 and 10 weeks shipping time after order is placed.

Removed item AND what it says I paid is wrong

I paid for two Dualshock 4s, 29.99 each, I see the item is removed, I go into the Dispute Center to try to get a refund, and it says I paid 12.99 each? What the heck? I have the Paypal receipts to prove I really did pay $29.99 each.

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

International seller asking for # and email after purchase

Just bought a camera for $700 through Best Offer. Accepted quickly only $50 less than asking. Paid with Credit. Day later seller says upon arrival at shipping office he (courier) needs my phone # and email address. Seller is in South Korea. I had als...

Resolved! Can You Open a Second Item Not Received Case After Closing First on Same Item?

I purchase an item that has been in transit for over 2 weeks. The seller assures me it is coming and asked me to close the case because it recently got to my hub. She told me I can open another case if it doesn't show up. I didn't think I could do th...

Listing a sellers ID here in the community?

Is it prohibited to list the sellers ID here? I see a lot of discussions about **bleep** various sellers are trying to pull, but no one ever mentions the sellers ID.

• 3 replies
  • 1 helpful

Resolved! this week's been weird for me..

i ordered 3 items this week, none of them went the way i expected to be.. e.e 1. i paid $45 for an item shipped from Canada.. after seller shipped the item, I discovered a US seller that's selling exact same product for $20 (she put the brand's name ...

User avatar by Thrill-Seeker
  • 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Beware of people selling anything as "Open Box"

The seller sold me an "Open Box" tablet (which is SUPPOSED to mean the box is opened but the product is new), which had an image burnt into the screen. Clearly this was a used/refurbished (POORLY refurbished) product that the seller tried to pass off...

Items that have no watch option, and no ebay # shown ?!?

There seem to be more items listed in such a way there is no *watch* option. You must buy, put in cart, or leave. Here there is some chance I would buy, but it depends on things TBD. As ebay buyer for 20 years I would always put in watch. OK, must pu...

Most Marked as Helpful Authors