cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beware of people selling anything as "Open Box"

The seller sold me an "Open Box" tablet (which is SUPPOSED to mean the box is opened but the product is new), which had an image burnt into the screen. Clearly this was a used/refurbished (POORLY refurbished) product that the seller tried to pass off as new with an open box. This is against the parameters of the open box description. They tried to only refund 2/3 of the price stating they would have to restore it before they could resell it. First of all, not my problems since you sold me garbage, second, the seller is once again going to relist this item as "open box". eBay did make sure I got a full refund but apparently does not care that this seller is continuing to dupe their customers with the claim of "open box" when really the products are used/poorly refurbished.  And of course they direct me to leave feedback for the seller, which I did, but 80 characters are not enough to express what is happening.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

@createdamadman,

"...eBay did make sure I got a full refund but apparently does not care that this seller is continuing to dupe their customers with the claim of "open box" when really the products are used/poorly refurbished...".

Because you did apparently open a dispute, the seller received a defect on their account.  It does not take many of those before a seller is sanctioned or is banned.

"of course they direct me to leave feedback for the seller, which I did, but 80 characters are not enough to express what is happening."

There is not much that needs to be said. In this case the comment could have been;  "Open Box tablet that had image burned on screen offered partial refund"

It looks like the feedback you left was removed, that would have happened if you mentioned an ebay dispute in any way.     The dispute will cost the seller their final value fees and PayPal fees as well as the return shipping cost.

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Thanks for the info/warning!

Message 3 of 3
latest reply