cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can You Open a Second Item Not Received Case After Closing First on Same Item?

I purchase an item that has been in transit for over 2 weeks.  The seller assures me it is coming and asked me to close the case because it recently got to my hub.  She told me I can open another case if it doesn't show up.   I didn't think I could do this.  Is she telling me the truth?  She already lied about her location (city it should have shipped from).

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

No, you cannot open another "not received" case after closing the original one. Closing the case tells eBay that you have received the item. This seller has lied to you twice.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@tamaralea,

Not through ebay.  You can file with PayPal however.    You never should have let the seller talk you into closing the dispute. 

Was this by chance a chinese seller misrepresenting the item location?

"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

No, you cannot open another "not received" case after closing the original one. Closing the case tells eBay that you have received the item. This seller has lied to you twice.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

I didn't close the dispute, so she refunded me.  Judging by the tracking, the first scan was in MI.  I told her I would send her the money again, if I ever get it, but her lack of truthfulness is making me angry.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

I should let you know, Items going through MI sorting facilities are taking much longer than normal transit times. I sent items Priority and they still took two weeks to arrive. Whether this individual seller is being honest, I wouldn't be able to tell you. 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply