cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

this week's been weird for me..

i ordered 3 items this week, none of them went the way i expected to be.. e.e

1. i paid $45 for an item shipped from Canada.. after seller shipped the item, I discovered a US seller that's selling exact same product for $20 (she put the brand's name only..) and in the sold result there was a $10 one too.. now i just feel like i overpaid for it x.x

2. i bought an item, seller shipped it on Monday, but tracking number's not working for me.. I messaged the seller, but I've not heard back from her yet. the number is: 9505514529410139349529, can anyone help me please?

3. i asked this japanese seller to combine shipping for multiple items.. he asked me to buy one first, so i bought it. he invoiced me other one in paypal... I felt like cancelling the order, but i just paid that one too.. and he is always taking a whole day to reply back to me.. >_>

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@chanyuc,

#1  Sometimes after buying you find the same item listed for less, If a seller lists something without all of the info needed, it may sell for less. You have control over what you buy, and since you were OK with paying what you did from the Canadian seller, you shouldn't have any regrets. 

#2  If the seller is located in China they probably use one shipping company from China who ships to USPS center in the U.S.. Once received your tracking number will activate.  Keep an eye on that transaction and make note of the last estimated delivery date.  If it doesn't arrive by that date file an Item Not Received (INR) dispute. Do not let the seller offer a replacement item or answer a request to close a dispute.

#3  The Japanese seller got you to do an off ebay transaction, you should not have paid the PayPal send money request, because of that you will not have any buyer protection for the second item. The way combined shipping works, is you place the items in your cart then request a total from the seller.  If they do not use immediate payment required you commit to buy from the 1st listing and do the same with the second one without paying, Then the seller should send a combined shipping invoice. 

FYI, because of the time zone differences it is not unusual for Asian sellers to take longer to reply to messages.

You can report the Japanese seller for the off ebay transaction.

• Once you > on the Resolution Center button on the first page look in the Help box on the right
  • In the Help box  > on Resolving buying problems.
  • The page that opens is titled Resolving issues with sellers
  • Scroll down to,  Reporting an item or issue with a seller click >
  • Scroll down the next page to the  Report a seller button >
  • Select the buyer has violated one of eBay's policies.  >
  • Fill in the seller's username,
  • Select,  Seller offered to sell a listed item off ebay.
  • In the text box briefly tell them the seller sent me a PayPal send money request for a second purchase in order to get combined shipping for one they told me to pay for through regular channels.
"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

@chanyuc,

#1  Sometimes after buying you find the same item listed for less, If a seller lists something without all of the info needed, it may sell for less. You have control over what you buy, and since you were OK with paying what you did from the Canadian seller, you shouldn't have any regrets. 

#2  If the seller is located in China they probably use one shipping company from China who ships to USPS center in the U.S.. Once received your tracking number will activate.  Keep an eye on that transaction and make note of the last estimated delivery date.  If it doesn't arrive by that date file an Item Not Received (INR) dispute. Do not let the seller offer a replacement item or answer a request to close a dispute.

#3  The Japanese seller got you to do an off ebay transaction, you should not have paid the PayPal send money request, because of that you will not have any buyer protection for the second item. The way combined shipping works, is you place the items in your cart then request a total from the seller.  If they do not use immediate payment required you commit to buy from the 1st listing and do the same with the second one without paying, Then the seller should send a combined shipping invoice. 

FYI, because of the time zone differences it is not unusual for Asian sellers to take longer to reply to messages.

You can report the Japanese seller for the off ebay transaction.

• Once you > on the Resolution Center button on the first page look in the Help box on the right
  • In the Help box  > on Resolving buying problems.
  • The page that opens is titled Resolving issues with sellers
  • Scroll down to,  Reporting an item or issue with a seller click >
  • Scroll down the next page to the  Report a seller button >
  • Select the buyer has violated one of eBay's policies.  >
  • Fill in the seller's username,
  • Select,  Seller offered to sell a listed item off ebay.
  • In the text box briefly tell them the seller sent me a PayPal send money request for a second purchase in order to get combined shipping for one they told me to pay for through regular channels.
"THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FOOLPROOF, BECAUSE FOOLS ARE SO DARNED INGENIOUS!" (unknown)
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

The great buyers remorse, will always haunt most of us, at least once. Next time before just purchasing, go to the left side of purchasing, it will allow you to pick, where it's being shipped from as in U.S Only, etc. also, new, with tags, defective, etc, price range, free shipping, and so much more, I utilize this feature and enjoy having it, plus the sold items are great to click on, as some were not sold, just relisted, and go down in price.  At the right top, after picking all your essentials, pick the lowest in a mile radius or out of the country etc. Just some food for thought when searching. Stay safe, and try using these tools, wishing you a better week. Have a Safe and Happy Summer. 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

2nd seller resides in Texas. Still yet no response from her either.. I guess I just have to wait and hope it comes through

3rd seller if I report him? does that open a dispute case? what about the money I sent him on Paypal though?

and thank you for the answers. 

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Remember that mail is very slow, in some areas. I would contact ebay, immediately, and paypal with the item #, if it shows it was never shipped. You can file a dispute first with ebay, if member to member is not working, Check their store, is it full of negatives recently for not shipping, if so, get your money back ~ go to Resolution if it should have been here already. Some times the seller was shut down, ebay then will refund your money.  Don't back down, it's your hard earned money. Good Luck To You, Don't let the Scammers take you down, ever!!

Message 5 of 5
latest reply