cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now requiring payment upfront when making offers???

Since when? Is this recent? I never had to do this before, like a month or two back.  And thanks GOD I didn't fall for this new eBay scam. What POS is eBay now days man 😞 What else is eBay going to do to run customers away????

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Buying/Requiring-payment-upfront-when-making-offers/td-p/32690693/page...

Message 1 of 85
latest reply
84 REPLIES 84

Re: Now requiring payment upfront when making offers???

I totally agree.

Message 76 of 85
latest reply

Yesterday I walked away from making an offer when asked for all CC details, including my 3 digit security code, & THEN being asked to sign into my bank for confirmation, no way in a month of Sundays  would I trust eBay with this information.

I have a flawless buying record, & almost everything I buy (if not won at auction) is via make an offer, talk about eBay shooting themselves in the foot, this should only apply to habitual non payers,  or buyers who have recently made an offer (say within 2 months) & then not paid... the jawdropping lack of common sense used by eBay head office to handle problematic issues knows no bounds

Message 77 of 85
latest reply

Couldn't eBay instigate a system where,  if the seller accepts  an offer, that the item remains on sale "offer pending" until the buyer has paid, & whereby  eBay gives the buyer (say) just 24-48 hours to pay?

Message 78 of 85
latest reply

Only solution I've come up with is to use 'contact seller' and make an offer and state you're looking at his/her other items,  looking for the free/reduced shipping, or need the payments option on Paypal.  The seller can accept and send you the invoice for payment, or the seller can just not accept.  

Message 79 of 85
latest reply

I don't have a problem linking my PP for an offer. The problem I have is like it says above.

Make it clear the payment method/auto-payment will ONLY ONLY ONLY ONLY let me say it again ONLY apply to the specific Offer being made, NOT ALL FUTURE OFFERS, BIDS OR AUCTIONS.  It's no business of Ebay to link all transactions. This makes a shared computer at risk to have unauthorized payments made. I'm only human and forget at times to log off.  Big security risk of my PP account. Yes you can change the setting in your PP account but after every offer. Come on Ebay get your head screwed on right. That is why I stopped making offers to the ones I have to link to an account. Sellers lost.

Message 80 of 85
latest reply

This is not right will not be ordering items you make an offer and automatically you get charged this is wrong what if you change your mind not happy with this policy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 81 of 85
latest reply

Dear sir, I have been reading post regarding this prepayment issue. I you really read the fine print in the make offer it states that not only will you automatically be charged for your offer, BUT ALL future purchases from ebay. Thats whats wrong with this. I will not give ebay or anybody else free access to my paypal account. So I won't do any more offers unless they strop this crap.

Message 82 of 85
latest reply

If you really want to make the offer and have to use the prepayment option, do that and after you've bought the item, go in and delete the payment method.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 83 of 85
latest reply

I just started getting this requirement to automatically make  payment if the offer is accepted and I am not going to make any offers as long as it is in effect. Ebay did a similar thing last year forcing me to choose a payment method just to bid on anything and I didn’t bid or buy anything on ebay for a month and then the requirement was gone. I don’t know why they target people who have not had an unpaid item for 25 years. Make it a requirement for buyers with a history of non-payment.

Message 84 of 85
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 85 of 85
latest reply