cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, November 17 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Re: Community Chat, November 17 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Okay, please do pass this along. I think a lot of people would appreciate having a store that is the middle ground between 250 and 1000 listings. And please bring free listing promotions back!

Message 16 of 47
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

I understand that eBay wants to push sellers into sending coupons- but the way they've forced these 2 options high on the list of the Orders page actions drop down is obnoxious.

Adding these has pushed "view order details" and "archive" off the menu- they're hidden and we have to scroll down to find them. "View order details" is the action I use the most so this is driving me crazy.

Can you ask the seller hub team to extend the length of the drop down so those 2 actions aren't hidden from view?

actions-1.pngactions-2.png

It would also be great if there was one consolidated link for both print and send coupon- but I doubt we can expect that to happen. Or consolidate the print coupon function into the print packing slip and more function so we don't need to have 2 separate coupon actions cluttering the menu.

@coffeebean832 I'll be sure to pass this feedback on! I'm sure you're already using the Comment link in the upper right hand corner of the Seller Hub screen too, but for any reading this that isn't familiar with it, that's a great place to provide suggestions like this to the Seller Hub team.

Velvet,
eBay
Message 17 of 47
latest reply

Okay...can you please ask the Marketing higher ups to bring promotions back?

Message 18 of 47
latest reply

tyler@ebay  not sure if you saw my tag in the post on the payments board, but just wanted to say thanks again for your efforts in getting the Top Rated Seller discount more clearly displayed on the transaction details page. 😊

This whole page is much more transparent and easy to understand now, especially with the percentages and "showing the math" - appreciate it!

detail2.jpg

-----

Edit: A reply to your comment can be found here

Message 19 of 47
latest reply

@vintageforthepeople 

The Basic store has more than 250 free listings per month.  The Basic Store is 1000 free listings, so you must have a Starter Store.

You are currently running 285 listings, so for those over 250 you will be paying 30 cents for.  And if you sell any of those listings and decide to post others in November, each one would be a 30 cent listing fee.

You may be more suited to the Basic Store for 1000 free listings at a monthly fee [not a yearly subscription] of $27.95.  You save $6 a month if you do a yearly subscription.

Now there are other benefits of having a store level of Basic or higher.  But likely the most important one is the reduction in your FVFs.  For you it would drop from 12.55 to 11.70.  Worth some consideration.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/store-selling-fees-managed-payments-sellers?...

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 20 of 47
latest reply

jasmen@ebay 

OMG you guys should have the day off.  I know Tyler cooks a lot for the holidays and I'm sure you ladies have your own routines.  While I'm sad you guys have to work, I look forward to the chat.

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 21 of 47
latest reply

+1 on this. For a lot of sellers who sell unique items coupon don't sense. View order details is my go usually from the drop down

Message 22 of 47
latest reply

Ok, so here’s an idea.

Returns are a critical part of eBay trust and safety and also a hassle and pain point for buyers and sellers alike. This idea might help at least alleviate one of the scams we see here (returns to another address in the sellers zip code that show delivered but the item not returned), would make it super easy for buyers to initiate return ( no check the reason and then pick one that’s not true), and be a big plus for sellers who have the strongest return policies.

Create the option of sellers providing a return label in the original shipment. This is what most retailers do and it would make like easier for everyone! eBay could have buyers initiate a return but just clicking a box returning with sellers included label. With the label could come some reminders like eligibility for refunds is predicated on using this unaltered label and other things like encouraging the holding onto original packaging and using it for the return, or if the seller has a replacement policy how to activate that.

Obviously, the seller is only charged if the label is used and the return authorized. The buyer could not upload a phone tracking number as the only valid one is associated with the label.

Maybe some sellers could be encouraged to be more liberal with returns if this kind of system exists. Won’t eliminate all fraud or returns of items poorly packed and damaged. But might stop some. Would also, for thoe sellers that choose it, align with how consumers are treated at other sites.

-----

Edit: A reply to your post can be found here

Message 23 of 47
latest reply

@glasser wrote:

Just wondering if there was any update on this 

glasser_0-1637183382669.png

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago and you agreed a glitch was likely.  Thanks

I'm so sorry @glasser, I thought I'd followed up about this. There is an issue with those stats and they're looking into implementing a fix. They also said apologies for the inconvenience. Hopefully you'll start seeing that stat again in the coming weeks. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 24 of 47
latest reply

You did reply didn't mean to imply you didn't 🙂 just wondering if there was anything new. So coming weeks it is....

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 25 of 47
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

tyler@ebay  not sure if you saw my tag in the post on the payments board, but just wanted to say thanks again for your efforts in getting the Top Rated Seller discount more clearly displayed on the transaction details page. 😊

This whole page is much more transparent and easy to understand now, especially with the percentages and "showing the math" - appreciate it!

detail2.jpg

Hi @valueaddedresource - I didn't see your tag, sorry I missed it! This is amazing news, I hadn't seen this yet!!

I agree that it makes so much more sense (and saves the use of the 'promo' tag for things that are actually promotions). 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 26 of 47
latest reply

I understand why eBay doesn't issue fee credits on partial refunds for things like shipping overages. A lot of sellers refund $1 here and there so processing those credits would cost more than they're worth and be kind of chaotic with accounting.

But-

When it comes to faulty returns where a seller is authorized to deduct up to 50% because of either a free returns policy or a TRS status- I think the system should automatically credit a prorated FVF based on the amount refunded.

I don't know where to submit that kind of policy request other than here?

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 27 of 47
latest reply

In addition, Basic store subscribers get a $25.00 coupon each quarter to purchase ebay shipping supplies, you get to run Promotions, and you can send coupons to your buyers.  I know there are other benefits, but those are the only ones I can think if now.

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 28 of 47
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

jasmen@ebay 

OMG you guys should have the day off.  I know Tyler cooks a lot for the holidays and I'm sure you ladies have your own routines.  While I'm sad you guys have to work, I look forward to the chat.

We're looking forward to being here for you guys @mam98031! Is it appropriate for me to ask for you to share your favorite Thanksgiving recipe? 😇

I'm a professionally trained chef and I'm hosting this year so everyone is expecting something new and exciting 🤣

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 29 of 47
latest reply

@glasser wrote:

Ok, so here’s an idea.

Returns are a critical part of eBay trust and safety and also a hassle and pain point for buyers and sellers alike. This idea might help at least alleviate one of the scams we see here (returns to another address in the sellers zip code that show delivered but the item not returned), would make it super easy for buyers to initiate return ( no check the reason and then pick one that’s not true), and be a big plus for sellers who have the strongest return policies.

Create the option of sellers providing a return label in the original shipment. This is what most retailers do and it would make like easier for everyone! eBay could have buyers initiate a return but just clicking a box returning with sellers included label. With the label could come some reminders like eligibility for refunds is predicated on using this unaltered label and other things like encouraging the holding onto original packaging and using it for the return, or if the seller has a replacement policy how to activate that.

Obviously, the seller is only charged if the label is used and the return authorized. The buyer could not upload a phone tracking number as the only valid one is associated with the label.

Maybe some sellers could be encouraged to be more liberal with returns if this kind of system exists. Won’t eliminate all fraud or returns of items poorly packed and damaged. But might stop some. Would also, for thoe sellers that choose it, align with how consumers are treated at other sites.

I appreciate the passion behind this and I'm more than happy to pass this along, thanks so much for your feedback @glasser!

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 30 of 47
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: