cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Chat, November 17 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Thanks for joining us for the Weekly Chat with eBay Staff. We don't have a specific topic this week, so feel free to share any general buying or selling questions you may have.

The chat thread will remain open until 2 PM PT at which point we'll close it from additional responses. After that time, we'll continue to work on responding to any queries that might still be unanswered.

To post your question, click Reply in the lower right corner of this post, type your question, and hit submit between 1-2 PM Pacific Time. The format of our chat mirrors the format of our Community Discussion Boards, where each post will appear in the thread chronologically. The Community Team will review each question as it comes in, and will quote the original question in our reply. This quote and the reply will appear later in the thread, so just keep scrolling down to see our answers.

Missed the chat? Send your questions to the podcast by calling  888-723-4630 or email us at podcast@ebay.com and maybe your questions will make it on the air! Or listen to past episodes while you wait for next Wednesday!

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Re: Community Chat, November 17 @ 1:00 pm PT - General Topics

Hi there. I am a longtime Ebay member who has a starter store. I've gotten to the point where I'm running out of free listings, and I'm wondering why members who don't pay for a store get 200 free listings a month, while those of us who do pay for a store only get 50 more free listings. Why not increase the number of free listings for the starter store, or give us an option between the starter store and the basic store. You jump from 250 free listings to 1000 - $4.95 a month to $18.95 a month. Why isn't there a store with 500 free listings for a $10, for example?

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here.

Message 2 of 47
latest reply

Additionally, why not send out extra free listings, especially during the holiday season? The more I can list, the more money you can make from me.

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 3 of 47
latest reply

Hi all, 

We're seeing that the missing avatars, feedback count and posters' listings have been restored to the Community groups on the Australian and UK sites, which is good news. What more can you tell us on when the missing data will be restored to the US Community?

-----

Message 4 of 47
latest reply

Just taking a moment to wish everyone a HAPPY THANKSGIVING. 

I am pretty sure we won't have a Weekly chat next week.

zz3.jpg

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 5 of 47
latest reply

Is there any chance of giving us back an "I'm just looking or thinking watch list so don't send me offers".

I end up feeling like I'm getting someone's hopes up just because I want to watch their item.   Lettting sellers know ruined the watch list.

Good Moms let you lick the Beaters.

Great Moms turn them off first.
Message 6 of 47
latest reply

@itsjustasprain wrote:

Hi all, 

We're seeing that the missing avatars, feedback count and posters' listings have been restored to the Community groups on the Australian and UK sites, which is good news. What more can you tell us on when the missing data will be restored to the US Community?

Hey @itsjustasprain! Sheila just posted about this. You can go here to learn more about where we're currently at. Thanks! 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 7 of 47
latest reply

I understand that eBay wants to push sellers into sending coupons- but the way they've forced these 2 options high on the list of the Orders page actions drop down is obnoxious.

Adding these has pushed "view order details" and "archive" off the menu- they're hidden and we have to scroll down to find them. "View order details" is the action I use the most so this is driving me crazy.

Can you ask the seller hub team to extend the length of the drop down so those 2 actions aren't hidden from view?

actions-1.pngactions-2.png

It would also be great if there was one consolidated link for both print and send coupon- but I doubt we can expect that to happen. Or consolidate the print coupon function into the print packing slip and more function so we don't need to have 2 separate coupon actions cluttering the menu.

-----

Message 8 of 47
latest reply

@vintageforthepeople wrote:

Hi there. I am a longtime Ebay member who has a starter store. I've gotten to the point where I'm running out of free listings, and I'm wondering why members who don't pay for a store get 200 free listings a month, while those of us who do pay for a store only get 50 more free listings. Why not increase the number of free listings for the starter store, or give us an option between the starter store and the basic store. You jump from 250 free listings to 1000 - $4.95 a month to $18.95 a month. Why isn't there a store with 500 free listings for a $10, for example?

I appreciate the feedback for sure @vintageforthepeople and I'm happy to pass it along. The benefits that come with the store are far larger than just the insertion fees, but it's up to each seller to find what works best for them! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 9 of 47
latest reply

Just wondering if there was any update on this 

glasser_0-1637183382669.png

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago and you agreed a glitch was likely.  Thanks

-----

Message 10 of 47
latest reply

@vintageforthepeople wrote:

Additionally, why not send out extra free listings, especially during the holiday season? The more I can list, the more money you can make from me.

Hi @vintageforthepeople - listing promotions are great, aren't they? I can see how they'd be useful for you in getting additional inventory listed for the holidays as well. 

Listing promotions are considered a part of the marketing arm, so making sure that you have your communication preferences set to allow for marketing will make sure that in the event any are sent out you will get the memo!

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 47
latest reply

@vintageforthepeople 

What level of store do you currently have?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 12 of 47
latest reply

velvet@ebay wrote:
Hey @itsjustasprain! Sheila just posted about this. You can go here to learn more about where we're currently at. Thanks! 

Great to hear! Thank you.

Message 13 of 47
latest reply

The basic - 250 free listings a month. I don't need 1000, which is the next level store.

Message 14 of 47
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

Just taking a moment to wish everyone a HAPPY THANKSGIVING. 

I am pretty sure we won't have a Weekly chat next week.

zz3.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! 

Would you believe me if I told you that we'd be here?! 😅😂

We'll see you here at the same time and place next week @mam98031 😁❤️

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 15 of 47
latest reply
About this Board

Welcome to the Retired Monthly Chat with eBay Staff board! This board contains past chats with eBay Community team members along with eBay product teams.

For eBay news and information see:

Consider posting on one of these boards for input from fellow eBay members: