cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to ship USPS International

I ship internationally on a regular basis, and have never had a problem, but now when I try to print a USPS First class intl package/thick envelope, I get the following error.  I also tried printing the label via paypal, but it would not let me print a label for this international order either.  Any ideas?

• We had a problem retrieving the label. [Error: 64541-Content type Documents is only supported for First Class Mail International]
Message 1 of 49
latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Re: Unable to ship USPS International

What a pain... but this helped. Thank you.

I posted on eBay for Business on Facebook, so once they finally decide to answer tomorrow since they only know how to work there 5 days a week, hoping for further clarification as to what is going on.
Message 31 of 49
latest reply

I tried to print a shipping label using Paypal -- the cost was more than the estimated eBay label (that wouldn't print)  but it still didn't work.  This was for first class international package, 3 pounds.  

Message 32 of 49
latest reply

@howdah55 wrote:

I tried to print a shipping label using Paypal -- the cost was more than the estimated eBay label (that wouldn't print)  but it still didn't work.  This was for first class international package, 3 pounds.  

Printing through PayPal failed for me too. I assume that the issue with PayPal is the same as the eBay one.  I just went to usps.com and printed through there. Most of my packages were 1-2 pounds and paid about $1 more, but they're at least done. Hopefully things are back to normal first thing in the morning... but I won't hold my breath.

Message 33 of 49
latest reply

Hello!

I have been going through the same frustration all day. I have a customer in Australia and I have not been able to print their shipping label.  After much frustration, I discovered this:

"Starting January 21st, 2018, the USPS is no longer allowing First Class Mail International (FCMI) service using the Large Envelope/Flat package type to ship anything but Documents. For any content type other than Documents, the USPS will now require shipments to use the package type of Package. "

So, it's not just an ebay thing, it's a USPS thing. :[

Also, this means we all need to change the settings on our international shipping, unless it is actually a document!

Message 34 of 49
latest reply

Ebay told me to go to post office and ship the first class international with them. They said they no longer can print first class international labels
Message 35 of 49
latest reply

EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY:

EBAY SELLERS need to stop selling internationally immediately.

Sellers can no longer print international first class shipping labels

US EBAY SELLERS can no longer sell internationally, UNLESS YOU want to go to the USPS for your labels.

Ebay does not want the US sellers to sell outside the US.

Ebay rules and policies have totally lied about printing first class international shipping labels

This is FRAUD. Ebay needs to reimburse sellers for the international shipping lossses ASAP

Ebay made NO announcement as to this fact

Message 36 of 49
latest reply

I went to the USPS website and the First Class Mail International Service is NOT available.  Only the "Package Interntational."  Unless I'm missing something...

Message 37 of 49
latest reply

pay pal international does not work either and even to puerto rico i could not get paypal postal to work, had to go to post office and stand in line to ship to puerto rico, i had two international orders i had to buy the postage and print on usps.com I can srint and pay for usa postage on paypal but not international hope they get things worked out soon, it just started yesterday sunday I was not able to print and pay 

Message 38 of 49
latest reply

Still getting the "Error: 64541-Content type Documents is only supported for First Class Mail International".  Had to go to USPS Click & Ship.  Did not get a shipping discount. This SUCKS!

Message 39 of 49
latest reply

I agree.. i either cancel international orders or pay the cost for priority shipping and eat the cost. If i cancel orders then i risk getting negative feedback.. this has thrown off my morning..
Message 40 of 49
latest reply

Despite the repeated claims, there IS still First Class International shipping available for packages.  The problem lies on eBay's (or their vendor's) end.

Message 41 of 49
latest reply

still not fixed on ebay site..

had to use USPS site to ship/print labels..

no discount...but what can you do..had to do it for now.

really hope ebay/USPS get their act together soon.

Message 42 of 49
latest reply

I wasn't able to print a USPS First Class International label today on either ebay or PayPal. I tried Stamps.com and that worked--I think they give a discount, too...not sure if it's as much as ebay. My 3# pkg cost $23.99 on Stamps.com. Took a little extra time to add the tracking info manually to ebay, but at least I could get it done!! So frustrated with ebay!!

Message 43 of 49
latest reply

@dreamcatcherdiecast wrote:

Got the same..an error code will pop up saying it will not recognize first class and wants you to ship via priority only.....according to feebay...they are blaming the post office.....what a shocker.....so..this is what he ( infamous CS Rep ) suggested...that I take the package to the post office and get the postage handled or ship the package priority mail......I laughed...and what does feebay suggest on how to collect the extra postage I asked? well feebay and their infamous wisdom said you ask the buyer to pay the extra......hahahahahaha....I told him that feebay was out of their mind, the cost of international shipping in the first place is ridiculous and now try to get an extra 30-40 dollars from the buyer where he already paid 20-25 for first class..all I got for a reply was uh..uh..uh.. hold please....lol...then I suggested that they best get the shipping problem rectified for starters or they will find alot of sellers leaving as well as international buyers, more so than lately. This happens every year when there is a postal increase and it's not getting any easier but this year... a major Fu Pah...

Ebay has never offered 1st Class Int'l Flat rate postage, so why they have confusion over it now is just laughable. I'm sure the top rate Shipping Team,( that Griff noted a couple of years ago negatiated for 3 DAYS!!!!! to get the exact same rates everyone else offers) uploaded the new rates and followed ebay Standard operating procedure and never tested anything. Thus the cluster we see now.

I called Customer No-Service and demanded a refund of the difference in price I had to pay on Stamps.com, which, amazingly, still offers the exact same 1st Class Itn'l Package service that ebay has for 5 years, and they had their act together and were able to get me the labels I needed no problem.

To the head of Ebay Customer Service:

Having your foreign CS agents telling your customers that the USPS is no longer allowing the shipment of merchandise internationally anyone is asinine, a large portion of your business is sellers selling internationally.  Stop spreading stupid advice, get the problem fix, and next time test your programming before releasing it, you only had since Sept 21st to get this right!

Message 44 of 49
latest reply

I've talked to eBay about this twice in two days now and, as per usual, the CS reps are totally clueless.

You CAN use usps.com and ship 1st class international "package", but you get no discount and prices start at $14.  Of course, it's also a tedious, time consuming undertaking

Message 45 of 49
latest reply