cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to ship USPS International

I ship internationally on a regular basis, and have never had a problem, but now when I try to print a USPS First class intl package/thick envelope, I get the following error.  I also tried printing the label via paypal, but it would not let me print a label for this international order either.  Any ideas?

• We had a problem retrieving the label. [Error: 64541-Content type Documents is only supported for First Class Mail International]
Message 1 of 49
latest reply
48 REPLIES 48

Re: Unable to ship USPS International

Having the same problem here, contacted Ebay this morning they are aware of the problem and said they are trying to fix it , But give no time. I just told him I try again tomorrow morning

Message 2 of 49
latest reply

Thanks for the info!  Fortunately it's Sunday, so I don't have to ship until tomorrow.  Hopefully they have it resolved by then.

Message 3 of 49
latest reply

@wheel-guys wrote:

I ship internationally on a regular basis, and have never had a problem, but now when I try to print a USPS First class intl package/thick envelope, I get the following error.  I also tried printing the label via paypal, but it would not let me print a label for this international order either.  Any ideas?

• We had a problem retrieving the label. [Error: 64541-Content type Documents is only supported for First Class Mail International]

Probably because of the shipping increases, they have to kick in

Message 4 of 49
latest reply

Yeah we can only hope, another bit of information when you try again tomorrow morning clear your cookies so that info will be cleared off of that page 

Message 5 of 49
latest reply

Same problem here. If you Google it other companies have posted things like you're only going to be able to ship documents via First Class International. I'm surely not going to pay for Priority and ship at a loss, or just lie and say they're documents, so for now I guess I am going to work on my US shipments until I hear something further from eBay, and cancel them tomorrow and stop any International orders if that's the case. This **bleep** really makes me mad when these stupid changes come.

Message 6 of 49
latest reply

I don’t think that’s correct information, at least I hope not,  from what I gather they’re just changing the name of the service now you will have first class package international and first class mail international for letters and I think what the problem is they do not have a choice of first class package international on eBay at this time And when you hit print label it’s not recognizing first class international anymore

https://www.usps.com/international/mail-shipping-services.htm

Message 7 of 49
latest reply

I guess the things I am reading is more like you're not going to be able to ship if using "Large Envelope/Flat package" in listings and have to only only use "Package." I am not sure exactly what is in the listings I have that sold, but I am getting that error message in all. If there's not a fix, I guess I'm going to have to just cancel orders, as I said. I'm confused. Always a busy day shipping Sunday, and this gives me an even bigger headache. Ugh. Back to US orders......

Message 8 of 49
latest reply

Got the same..an error code will pop up saying it will not recognize first class and wants you to ship via priority only.....according to feebay...they are blaming the post office.....what a shocker.....so..this is what he ( infamous CS Rep ) suggested...that I take the package to the post office and get the postage handled or ship the package priority mail......I laughed...and what does feebay suggest on how to collect the extra postage I asked? well feebay and their infamous wisdom said you ask the buyer to pay the extra......hahahahahaha....I told him that feebay was out of their mind, the cost of international shipping in the first place is ridiculous and now try to get an extra 30-40 dollars from the buyer where he already paid 20-25 for first class..all I got for a reply was uh..uh..uh.. hold please....lol...then I suggested that they best get the shipping problem rectified for starters or they will find alot of sellers leaving as well as international buyers, more so than lately. This happens every year when there is a postal increase and it's not getting any easier but this year... a major Fu Pah...

Message 9 of 49
latest reply

The problem is Feebay is in the middle of negotiations with post office.........post office wants that all international parcels go priority mail.........another joke
Message 10 of 49
latest reply

If in fact this is the case, then ebay is done. I can't really believe they will force international buyers to pay for Priority or Priority Express. Almost half my sales are international, and if this happens I'll shut down my ebay store and listings, and migrate everything to Amazon, sell more local on OfferUp, Letgo, and FB Marketplace.

Amazon shipping never had a problem, I ship international with them too.
Message 11 of 49
latest reply

If this is the case you are correct I sell a lot of international packages myself but look at the link I put in one of the messages and you can see that USPS have change the names and still offer a economical first class package rate For international buyers if you print your labels from PayPal  they have the first class package option but I’m not sure if you get the power seller discount, I’ve never used PayPal  for my labels so I’m not even sure if that’s working or not 

Message 12 of 49
latest reply

If somebody uses PayPal to print their labels  how about a post to let us know if it works on there 

Message 13 of 49
latest reply

Just happened to me.    Couldn't ship using Paypal either.

it looks like first class is only for documents now, effective Jan 21, 2018.

this sucks big time for me.

Message 14 of 49
latest reply

Not working through Paypal directly either

Image hosting by Photobucket
Ever stop to think...and forget to start again? http://houndvintage.blogspot.com/

Message 15 of 49
latest reply