cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing a packing slip before printing a label

We have a workflow set up where we print the packing slip before printing a label out. Today, I noticed that it appears eBay is no longer affording that option? When we go to the print label page, I am seeing the message:

"We have introduced a new Packing slip tool with new functionalities. You can print your packing slip after generating the label."

Why are they forcing that upon us? Is there a way/place to print the packing slip first?

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Printing a packing slip before printing a label

@rfmtm wrote:

To get a less detailed format close to the simplified one, click on "customize" and check the box for "This is a gift".  

Yeah, you can mark as a gift to remove pricing section, you can remove comments and opt out of using stuff like store url and qr code, etc. Not as compact as the old format, but it is a shorter length than the default settings.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 16 of 26
latest reply

I hate this. I don't want to use their shipping platform. Please just give me the old slips back so I don't need to reconfigure (again) my shipping materials!

Message 17 of 26
latest reply

I have not read thru all of the replies, so my apologies if this has been covered.

When I look at my order that are awaiting shipment, I can click the action button to check all of them and then use the pull down menu to select packing slips, and when it opens, I can uncheck the packing slip button and check the "pick list" button, then click "print" and it's like a mini packing slip for all of my orders with multiples on one sheet of paper, is that what you need? 

I can also just print a full sheet sized packing list prior to purchasing a shipping label, but NOW, immediately after I print a shipping label, if I scroll down, I can also print a full size packing list from that page without having to go back out and do all the clicking to get to a packing slip.  I don't think it's requiring a shipping label first, just added to the shipping label page after purchase as well.

Message 18 of 26
latest reply

I agree that this is crazy.  For me at least, 1. Print packing slip from shipping page, 2. Pick item and packaging 3. Pack item in box, put in packing slip, seal box.  4. Weight package and print shipping label.  Weighing and labeling is the LAST step, not an intermediate one.

Is there no one at Ebay responsible for human factors or who understands the typical workflow of picking, packing and shipping an item? 

Message 19 of 26
latest reply

I totally agree with you on the workflow comment.  The last couple days have been a nightmare trying to send out shipments.   Whoever set up the new label printing is definately not a seller.  Why would you put printing an invoice after printing the label is beyond me.  Takes me twice the time now.  Some of us have a system set up that makes our business run smoothly.   I realize you can print them all at once another way but have never liked doing it that way.  I preferr to it each shipment so I can double check each item before I ship.  Less likely to make a mistake.  We should at least have a option on how we want our business to run. I filled out a form on the seller hub.  If you click the "Comments"  button it asks you how you like the Seller Hub Experience.  Be respectful, but let them know what you think.  I know I did.  After finally getting a system in place with this Seller Hub and things running smoothly they go and change things that make it worse. Go figure.  Good Luck everyone and Have a Great day reguardless. 

Message 20 of 26
latest reply

I can't remember the last time I got an item with any paperwork at all. I don't put any in my shipments.

Message 21 of 26
latest reply

Thanks. You saved me a lot of headache.  This was extremely helpful.

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

If your label is torn off by the incompetent USPS then how do they know who sent it or where it is going?  Who knows what might happen once your package is in that crazy system.  I don't trust them so I always have buyer and seller information on the inside of the package. 

Message 23 of 26
latest reply

The 'new' style packing list is useless to me. I sell lots of low value items with some buyers winning 50 or more items at a time. The new packing slips uses a *lot* more paper to print lots of pages, whereas the older packing slip would use only 2 pages for 50 or so items.

Earlier today I did ship a 13 item order and whereas the old packing slip would be one page, the new packing slip was *4* pages and trying the 'pick list' idea resulted in *6* pages to be printed!!

For one or two item orders the new packing slip is fine, even though it is several extra mouse clicks to get to it. But it is absolutely worthless for large orders.

Please eBay bring back the old style packing slips...! 

Ted

Message 24 of 26
latest reply

I stopped sending packing slips to customers, they can always go yo their Purchase History if they need any proof of purchase for taxes or whatever, but I did like the packing slip before because it helped me organize and pick my stuff before purchasing the label. I had more control from misplacing items and keeping them in place ...I would print the packing slip, go to my shelf get the sold item, place the sold item on top of the packing slip, then its locked in place, then i would process and buy the label, now its with one hand tied behind your back

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

To print a packing slip before printing a label, you can follow these general steps:

1. Open the document or order for which you want to print a packing slip and label.

2. Click on the menu button or navigate to the print options within the application you are using. The specific location may vary depending on the software.

3. Look for a "Print" or "Print Preview" option in the menu. If there is a "Print Preview" option, select it.

4. In the Print Preview window, you should see a preview of how the document will look when printed. Take note of any printing options or settings available, such as the number of copies or page orientation.

5. If necessary, make any adjustments to the printing options based on your requirements.

6. Look for a "Print" button within the Print Preview window. Click on it to start the printing process.

7. Once the packing slip is printed, you can proceed to print the label. Close the Print Preview window if necessary.

8. Repeat steps 2-6 to access the print options again. This time, select the label template or settings appropriate for printing the label.

9. Click on the "Print" button within the Print Preview window to print the label.

By following these steps, you can print the packing slip first and then proceed to print the label separately. Remember to customize the printing options based on your specific requirements and the software you are using for printing.

Message 26 of 26
latest reply