cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

60 cent increase on USPS flat rate envelope and padded flat rate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so my question is why did ebay seller USPS shipping discount drop to only 5%? the increase on the USPS padded flat rate and the flat rate envelope went up 60 cents!!!! these kinds of increases are freaking insane! flat rate medium box went up 40 cents. why is our discount only 5% now, it used to be more, this is more the problem than the USPS increase. what is going on ebay?!?!? your negotiating skills suck!

Message 1 of 48
latest reply
47 REPLIES 47

Re: 60 cent increase on USPS flat rate envelope and padded flat rate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shipping rates are INSANE, agree....thinking about not selling anymore, our money goes to eBay, Paypal and shipping companies.
Not to mention some buyers that want to buy really really cheap and pay us with peanuts
Message 31 of 48
latest reply

Re: 60 cent increase on USPS flat rate envelope and padded flat rate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@jasperscouturecandy wrote:
I am aware that many don't use their primary ID. Thank you for reminding me of that. I understand that USPS sets the shipping costs but, eBay says they "negotiate" so, that indicates to me that they ultimately determine the pricing with USPS.

Did it occur to you that eBay is lying? They do not determine the USPS pricing. eBay does not negotiate what USPS prices are. If eBay is negotiating with USPS to get a lower rate, eBay is NOT a passing that rate on to its sellers. That is a fact and hopefully you read all the responses here because proof that eBay charges sellers the USPS commercial rate was posted.

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 32 of 48
latest reply

eBay says they "negotiate" so, that indicates to me that they ultimately determine the pricing with USPS.

Alternative facts.

It is a good idea to confirm whether something is true or not.  Blindly believing what eBay says is not a good business strategy.

signed,

The Unqualified One

Message 33 of 48
latest reply

"eBay says they "negotiate" so, that indicates to me that they ultimately determine the pricing with USPS."

As mentioned by another poster, eBay is lying.

Message 34 of 48
latest reply

These price increases are ridiculous. We go through the same thing every year. Unfortunately this year it is a very extreme increase. 10% on flat rate envelopes?? Why? 8 Oz first class packages to $3.18 versus $2.64? 20% increase??. This will be the last year I sell on eBay. I don't make that much profit per item and this is at least a $0.50 increase per item in fees for me. I wish the USPS & eBay the same poor results they continue to provide their customers with.

Message 35 of 48
latest reply

@muttlymob

I'm very glad that poster informed me how stupid you are when it comes to Ebay. All this time I was thinking you were pretty brilliant. scream

But seeing as how they know everything...I guess you can no longer be trusted.grinning

Message 36 of 48
latest reply

@a*river*runs*through*it wrote:

@muttlymob

I'm very glad that poster informed me how stupid you are when it comes to Ebay. All this time I was thinking you were pretty brilliant. scream

But seeing as how they know everything...I guess you can no longer be trusted.grinning

They are out in full force today let me tell you. Just had one coming for me too LOL. Fact is eBay did not negotiate any rates and if they did, they didn’t pass them on because they are charging the published commercial base rate. I don’t understand why people want to argue this when Partial has posted the rates?

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 37 of 48
latest reply

All these sellers leaving makes more room for megrin

Message 38 of 48
latest reply

@a*river*runs*through*it wrote:

@muttlymob

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

Message 39 of 48
latest reply

Agreed!! Standard rate for the padded flat rate envelope only went up $0.05, but we are paying $0.60 more!! Ridiculous!!!
Message 40 of 48
latest reply

Hi, The Unqualified One (that's what you called yourself),

"By the way, tomorrow, I will inquire with USPS and see if eBay is considered a Commerical Plus Account and is given those discounted rates." My Comment

"Who are you going to ask that you think will have the information to answer this question? Surely not your local PO people." Your Comment (loaded with sarcasm)

My questions were answered today. So, let's clarify because everything so far has been speculation on this feed.

As eBay said, they did neogiate the pricing with USPS but, other companies were also involved with the neogiations on the Commercial and Commerical Plus Rates.
Yes, it is correct that TRS are given the Commerical Plus Rates from Price Increase - Notice 123. But, as a speculated, eBay is given a better rate than the Commerical Plus Rate. And they are NOT passing that along to The TRS.
In addition, USPS is not accepting First Class International packages from eBay because eBay refuses to implement USPS's new service for First Class International Packages. Those are packages weighing less than 4 pounds and having a value of less than $400. The new program which refers to the First Class International Package is now called "First Class International Service Mailpiece". That service provides a tracking number. If the shipping number starts with the letter "C" or the letter "E" it has tracking. If the shipping number starts with the letter "L" is does NOT have tracking. From what I was told, eBay is refusing to switch to the new system where you would be provided a tracking number. They are continuing to use the tracking that starts with the letter "L". So, basically USPS said to eBay, you were given a special rate and it included this tracking service and eBay is refusing to impliment the service.

No further comments needed. Think twice before you open your Serial Community Board Respoder mouth. This is a Help Board not, a Bully Board.

Message 41 of 48
latest reply

"My questions were answered today."

By who?

Message 42 of 48
latest reply

Obviously, the information came from USPS. Of course, there was documented information provided so, that information did not come from my P.O. This information was provided by someone that had access to all the information that I shared. I don't feel comfortable sharing the name of the person that assisted me with my questions. And, yes, documents were read to me so, this is not speculation if this is your concern. I am only repeating what I was told from a reliable source.
Message 43 of 48
latest reply

Sounds like a load of fish.

Message 44 of 48
latest reply

Fish that swim downstream. So Sad! Next topic.
Message 45 of 48
latest reply