cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent issues on Community platform- missing avatar, feedback score, listings

sheila@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hello everyone!

I wanted to let you know that Khoros is aware of the intermittent issues where avatars, feedback scores and listing have gone missing. I know that this is impacting some users or all users. It's not a fun experience!

There's an issue with one of Khoros' servers. I don't have an ETA on when this will be fixed but I'am pushing to get this fixed sooner than later.

Sheila
Community Manager
eBay
Message 1 of 120
latest reply
119 REPLIES 119

Re: Intermittent issues on Community platform- missing avatar, feedback score, listings

sheila@ebay 

It works!  And I am really glad to have been wrong about this.  Nice to have my dear duck back.  My late husband created the avatar for me. from one of his photographs of a local Mallard.

Thank you.

=

Message 106 of 120
latest reply

Re: Intermittent issues on Community platform- missing avatar, feedback score, listings

Yes, it's nice to have the avatars back, but IMHO it's even better to have the "view listings" link!

Message 107 of 120
latest reply

@coffeebean832 I just got this same screen on eBay US this morning.  Once I hit agree and logged in, my avatar was back,along with view listings.  I would assume once everyone does this we will be back to normal.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 108 of 120
latest reply

sheila@ebay wrote:

I will update this thread again once the patch for .com has been deployed. Thank you for your continued patience.

sheila@ebay : Great to see it fixed this morning at last! 

As for what to fix next, I would suggest working on the problem of jumping to the end when entering a previously-read thread, instead of jumping to the first unread post within that thread.

I'm sort of cheating a bit with my tag to you above, because that gives you a direct link to my reply here, whereas if there are 12 more replies below this one when you next revisit this thread, the bug will land you at the very end of the new replies, and you may not make your way far enough back up the stack (and possibly to a previous page) to find the point where you previously left off reading. That's the problem we have to deal with each time.

Message 109 of 120
latest reply

@a_c_green wrote:

sheila@ebay : Great to see it fixed this morning at last! 

As for what to fix next, I would suggest working on the problem of jumping to the end when entering a previously-read thread, instead of jumping to the first unread post within that thread.

^^^^^ THIS!!

albertabrightalberta

Message 110 of 120
latest reply

sheila@ebay 

Thank you! So nice to "see" everyone back!

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 111 of 120
latest reply

You should celebrate with 9 shots this weekend sheila@ebay - one for every week you had to deal with this. (Hey, I never said it had to be alcohol.)

Now if we could get the "jump to first unread post" working that would be awesome. Can you let us know if this type of thing will be worked on and possibly fixed in 2021 or are we stuck with the glitch until a minimum of mid-February because of the "code freeze" you mentioned?

Quoting your post:

"it was more important to me to get a fix for the avatar issue implemented prior to upcoming code freezes instead of waiting until mid Q1 for the same patch only without an interstitial screen. "

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 112 of 120
latest reply

sheila@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hello everyone!

Thank you so much for your patience while I worked on fixing the avatar, missing feedback scores and listings. I know navigating the Community wasn’t easy when these critical pieces were missing.

So my work is not quite done when it comes to these issues and we did uncover a new bug. Here’s what I’m working on now:

1. The Grant Application Access pop up message might appear more than once, while logged into Community. Ideally, everyone should have to agree to it once or from time to time. 
  2. Some members in the EU Communities are reporting that they have to log in more than once and sometimes it loops. 
  3. On the Grant Application Access page, some of the links aren’t working. One of the links goes to the privacy page.

Here are the next two major issues on my list.

1. Notification bell aren’t showing notifications
  2. When you return to a post, it takes you to the very last post instead of where you left off

If there are other issues you’ve experienced, please open up a new Community post, on the platform feedback board. This makes it easier to follow. I plan on closing this post tomorrow, but if there are new issues, please create a new post.

Sheila
Community Manager
eBay
Message 113 of 120
latest reply

takes a bit to get the boards to sign me in, and no  link to sign in...

Figure it be a small thing that will work out.. But just saying.

Message 114 of 120
latest reply

@donsdetour wrote:

That's a longstanding issue.  To force a sign-in page to appear, just click on "Start a conversation".

Message 115 of 120
latest reply

This morning the popup required me to AGREE 3x before community recognized my ID when transferring to the forums. Until then I was still incognito.

Message 116 of 120
latest reply

@donsdetour wrote:

Same thing happened to me...took 4 times to long in. I was like WTH. But then it finally worked. 

Funny that this stuff never happens on the Etsy discussion boards. It always runs smooth and has none of these glitches.

Message 117 of 120
latest reply

sheila@ebay This worked just fine on my tablet, but is not working on my desktop.  Every time I click the person in the corner, I get no response (it doesn't log me in, it doesn't do anything).  I click ask a question and it doesn't do anything.  I got logged in to comment on this by giving another post a thumbs up.   Anyone else?

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013

Message 118 of 120
latest reply

sheila@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi guys,

I'm going to unpin this thread and close it out. For new issues, can you start a new post so it's easier for me to follow, please? 

I've taken note of all of the comments after my post and will bring it up to Khoros.

Sheila
Community Manager
eBay
Message 119 of 120
latest reply

@evry1nositswindy wrote:

sheila@ebay This worked just fine on my tablet, but is not working on my desktop.  Every time I click the person in the corner, I get no response (it doesn't log me in, it doesn't do anything).  I click ask a question and it doesn't do anything.  I got logged in to comment on this by giving another post a thumbs up.   Anyone else?

@evry1nositswindy will you post a new post with screenshots? Do you mind, please?

Sheila
Community Manager
eBay
Message 120 of 120
latest reply