cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent issues on Community platform- missing avatar, feedback score, listings

sheila@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hello everyone!

I wanted to let you know that Khoros is aware of the intermittent issues where avatars, feedback scores and listing have gone missing. I know that this is impacting some users or all users. It's not a fun experience!

There's an issue with one of Khoros' servers. I don't have an ETA on when this will be fixed but I'am pushing to get this fixed sooner than later.

Sheila
Community Manager
eBay
Message 1 of 120
latest reply
119 REPLIES 119

Intermittent issues on Community platform- missing avatar, feedback score, listings

I was just about to post about that. Good timing, thanks!

Message 2 of 120
latest reply

What  is khoros?

Message 3 of 120
latest reply

The company that operates these forums.

https://khoros.com/powered-by-khoros

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 4 of 120
latest reply

< intermittent issues where avatars, feedback scores and listing have gone missing >     

Hi Sheila, thanks for touching base.  I did report this on 09/16.  Since then the problem – if that's what we want to call it – blanked my avatar two more times, each of which times it was restored not long after.  

Message 5 of 120
latest reply

The avatars, feedback and view listings are once again missing in the community.

Message 6 of 120
latest reply

Maybe it’s time to revisit the software testing plans. They’re clearly not working.

Message 7 of 120
latest reply

@releasethekraken_1 wrote:

Maybe it’s time to revisit the software testing plans. They’re clearly not working.

99 bugs in the code

99 bugs in the code

Take one down and patch it around

126 bugs in the code

If you have never owned a dachshund, no explanation is possible.
If you have owned a dachshund, no explanation is necessary.
(with apologies to St. Thomas Aquinas)
Message 8 of 120
latest reply

sheila@ebay   I'm still seeing missing info on SOME feedback scores......listing info.......  does make it hard to check out information.......

Screenshot (183).png

Message 9 of 120
latest reply

LOL that was a needed chuckle for today, Thank you.

Message 10 of 120
latest reply

@dhbookds Thanks for letting us know, we're working on getting it resolved ASAP! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 11 of 120
latest reply

sheila@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

So I wanted to pop into this post and let you know that I don't have an update to share right now. If you do experience this issue, please post the date it happened and time stamps, including time zone. Posting on this post is fine, so I can report it to Khoros. They've opened up their logs and that might help identify the issue.

@friskya your rhyme made me laugh. 🤣

Sheila
Community Manager
eBay
Message 12 of 120
latest reply

sheila@ebay, I don't like starting questions in the community, because of the excessive prominence they get when I view my community profile.

So. I have noticed some new anomalies and changes, that are not helpful and hopefully are not unannounced or unconsidered changes.

1. I can no longer view my older replies. I can only see 2  pages of my previous replies in the community (20 replies). Page 3 and following pages are blank.

2. when I try to view a (any) member's feedback profile page, it won't load. I keep getting an error message that the page took too long to load. If I try going to eBay care to workaround the issue, I still can't load a feedback profile page. New members with no feedback, don't even have a link to their feedback page on their main profile page (the one you get to my clicking on the member's user ID on eBay core).
Message 13 of 120
latest reply

sheila@ebay   concerning the intermittent issues.........will the screen shots suffice?  I am on Eastern time, and have one from last nite I will post.......  But thinking about it.......would it do any good to notify the moderators WHEN it's happening which they could pass on and Khoros could see/work on it in real time?

@lacemaker3 

I concur in the feedback page not loading.........started this morning for me.....and I've cleared cache/started restarted browser (FireFox, uptodate) and restarted windows.  Better half is having the same problem on Chrome.  Note sheila@ebay  this is ON the boards and should be reproducible. 

Screenshot (184).png

Message 14 of 120
latest reply

I also have the same issue of not seeing other member's feedback profiles.

My latest attempt was today, 10/3/3021 at 3:08 EST

Message 15 of 120
latest reply