cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why isn't anyone leaving me feedback?

I started reselling things on eBay this summer.   I've missed doing this and find it fun and relaxing unlike my full time job.   Anyone.   I've sold 5- 10 items in the last 3 1/2 months.   But, I've only received feedback from one person.    I had the mindset that I would leave feedback for buyers only after they left feedback for me.   But, gave up and left feedback for a couple people hoping they would leave positive feedback for me.   How does everyone get people to leave feedback after they purchase?   

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: Why isn't anyone leaving me feedback?

@vintagetreasures4you wrote:

I started reselling things on eBay this summer.   I've missed doing this and find it fun and relaxing unlike my full time job.   Anyone.   I've sold 5- 10 items in the last 3 1/2 months.   But, I've only received feedback from one person.    I had the mindset that I would leave feedback for buyers only after they left feedback for me.   But, gave up and left feedback for a couple people hoping they would leave positive feedback for me.   How does everyone get people to leave feedback after they purchase?   

I've noticed a dip in feedback too lately ..  I still leave feedback for my buyers as soon as I ship their order  . Sometimes I'll include a thank you  note or a small free gift  that relates to their purchase . This has been mentioned  in feedback  they've   left for me  ,, all positive . I think it helps them remember you better . Tulips 

Message 16 of 35
latest reply

Thank you.  I appreciate the numbers.   I am getting paid and I am leaving feedback for others.  But, I will try to leave the feedback like you said as soon as I ship.  Unfortunately, eBay is still my "3rd job."   And, I will take your advice and change my policy (my way of thinking) and just leave that feedback!

Message 17 of 35
latest reply

You're right!  No news is good news is the saying.  This is reassuring to me.   Thank you!!!!

Message 18 of 35
latest reply

Thank you for your input.  I did appreciate femmefan1946's post.   It was helpful!   

As for what matters to me most...Money from sales.  However, as a prospective buyer I am constantly studying everyone's feedback so I know if I trust to put my money into their product.  I will be buying a lot from ebay for Christmas this year.  And, I know I will use a seller's feedback as a guide.  I just thought everyone does that and that is why feedback is there.   

Message 19 of 35
latest reply

Thank you for your reply.  I appreciate  how nicely you stated your information.  

Message 20 of 35
latest reply

Thank you!   I feel like you gave me your honest opinion very politely.     You sound like a seller who I would feel comfortable purchasing from.     But, I have to ask what did you mean by free green donuts?  

Message 21 of 35
latest reply

Green donuts = Positive feedback

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 22 of 35
latest reply

@vintagetreasures4you wrote:

Thank you!   I feel like you gave me your honest opinion very politely.     You sound like a seller who I would feel comfortable purchasing from.     But, I have to ask what did you mean by free green donuts?  

Hi, @vintagetreasures4you thank you for your follow up comments. They are most appreciated! 

(I just noticed that sentence made no sense. So sorry.  It was a typo, I meant to say "and i think you will see more green donuts to add to your history" meaning a few more positive feedbacks. The word "free" doesn't belong.)

Message 23 of 35
latest reply

You have received 282 Feedback and you have left 158, a difference of 124. What was your reason for not leaving feedback? I suspect that your reason is the same or similar for others who don't leave feedback.

"Those who enter the arena unarmed or unprepared are quickly dispatched."
Message 24 of 35
latest reply

careful what you wish for

Message 25 of 35
latest reply

I see tdumonde beat me to it. How can you complain with such a disparity in your feedback left/feedback received numbers? Maybe your categories?

Message 26 of 35
latest reply

Years abo when sellers could leave neutral and negative feedback, I received feedback from about 95% of my customers.  Now, I receive feedback from about 55% of my customers.

The proven method for a seller to get the most feedback is: 

(1).  Leave feedback soon after receiving payment, before the buyer receives the item.  This has been proven and is not just an opinion. 

(2).  Do everything that sellers usually do to make buyers happy:  Fast shipping; Good description; etc. 

Sellers can help OTHER sellers to get more feedback by always leaving feedback for their customers.  This is a fact of human behavior. 

Message 27 of 35
latest reply

I must be a weirdo. As a buyer I always leave feedback with very few exceptions. I do it because I feel that I am playing my part as a buyer and it makes it more fun for me too. (I do have plans to do some selling now that fall is here. I suppose that it might be good to do a little purge after all that I have bought from eBay this year. )

So, as a buyer, I would send people a short sweet note stating that I wanted to build up my feedback and would they mind, when they had a moment, sending some my way. Most everyone has! 

Not coming from a perspective of being a high volume seller I'm all for leaving it from both sides. Pleasantries are nice things.  But, thinking about high volume sellers, I have read that feedback can be automated. Probably the third party seller software. Another thought. I have seen people leave negative feedback for ridiculous reasons, really really stupid stuff. And it is obvious that the seller was never even contacted about anything being less than fine. Could be a blessing at times. No news is good news.

My 2 cents

Message 28 of 35
latest reply

interesting!

Message 29 of 35
latest reply

i hardly ever get back feedback even from people i bought from and my numbers keep dipping i offer free returns /
good customer service/answer promptly
Message 30 of 35
latest reply