cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why isn't anyone leaving me feedback?

I started reselling things on eBay this summer.   I've missed doing this and find it fun and relaxing unlike my full time job.   Anyone.   I've sold 5- 10 items in the last 3 1/2 months.   But, I've only received feedback from one person.    I had the mindset that I would leave feedback for buyers only after they left feedback for me.   But, gave up and left feedback for a couple people hoping they would leave positive feedback for me.   How does everyone get people to leave feedback after they purchase?   

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Re: Why isn't anyone leaving me feedback?

Pls Support me : Glendaue

Message 31 of 35
latest reply

@vintagetreasures4you wrote:

Thank you for your input.  I did appreciate femmefan1946's post.   It was helpful!   

As for what matters to me most...Money from sales.  However, as a prospective buyer I am constantly studying everyone's feedback so I know if I trust to put my money into their product.  I will be buying a lot from ebay for Christmas this year.  And, I know I will use a seller's feedback as a guide.  I just thought everyone does that and that is why feedback is there.   1991trixie -----------------

If all buyers were like you and  me  you'd be 100 %  right .However  some buyers don't check feedback  before they purchase.  I think it's important  especially while buying  expensive items or things they need delivered in a timely manner   . I recall one incident where I purchased a birthday  gift for someone  and needless to say  it needed to be delivered  within the estimated  due date . Well ,, it wasn't  . I should have checked the sellers feedback  before making the purchase  because there were signs  warning  of that outcome . Tulips 

Message 32 of 35
latest reply

This is my Store account, active since 2013.

I have auto feedback turned on ... I leave feedback when the buyer pays.

Positive Feedback from buyers has been on a decline for years. I find that only the most active older accounts leave feedback. New buyers are less likely to leave it.

As long as they get the item that they ordered, in the condition described, on time and undamaged ... they are happy.

No news is good news.

Screenshot_2019-10-21-07-47-50_kindlephoto-7743775.pngScreenshot_2019-10-21-07-48-37_kindlephoto-7790261.png

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 33 of 35
latest reply

I've seen this too. I have 2 items from brand new accounts (that alone is scary!) and I am their first feedback. A few times I've sent a reminder and the buyer left FB. It is optional and I've heard people who use phones have an issue with the FB page. Not sure if it's true or not but personally I find it rude to not leave FB. I've had my E-Bay account for almost 20 years and been stuck in the 200's for FB because people won't leave it for me.

Message 34 of 35
latest reply

Not sure if it's true or not but personally I find it rude to not leave FB. 

Not sure why you find it rude.

A few times I've sent a reminder and the buyer left FB

Not a good idea to remind people to do something they're not required to do.

THIS SPACE LEFT INTENTIONALLY BLANK
Message 35 of 35
latest reply