cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why isn't anyone leaving me feedback?

I started reselling things on eBay this summer.   I've missed doing this and find it fun and relaxing unlike my full time job.   Anyone.   I've sold 5- 10 items in the last 3 1/2 months.   But, I've only received feedback from one person.    I had the mindset that I would leave feedback for buyers only after they left feedback for me.   But, gave up and left feedback for a couple people hoping they would leave positive feedback for me.   How does everyone get people to leave feedback after they purchase?   

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I give all my buyers, feedback first, when I ship.

I average about 40% feedback from my buyers.

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

View Best Answer in original post

Message 13 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

You do know that feedback is entirely optional and voluntary, not mandatory and required, for either party in an eBay transaction, right? So, leave it or not, your choice.

And it seems to me like 261 FB would be more than enough to reassure sellers of your honesty and reliability as a seller.  

Message 2 of 35
latest reply

Thank you for your reply.    Yes.  I know it is optional.  It just makes me wonder if I'm not doing something?   I know I have 261 on my feedback.  But, that is old.  I would like people to see I am currently doing a good job.   I guess it's just messing with my insecurities!

Message 3 of 35
latest reply

You might feel more contented if you just keep on doing the good job you are doing as a seller and ignore whether or not you receive feedback.

Message 4 of 35
latest reply

There is really no reason to withhold feedback from your buyers, is there?  I always leave feedback to buyers upon shipping their package with my seller id.  As a buyer, if the seller doesn't bother, then I won't bother either....

I've not been a big fan of the 'new'  Leave Feedback for All  page.   After 20 years I've grown tired of the continual wasted upgrades to this site, tediousness of it, and more so upon seeing the newly revised feedback summary page.   grrrrr    I primarily came here to complain/commiserate with others, maybe I'm first to see the latest million dollar boondoggle.....

Message 5 of 35
latest reply

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/New-Feedback-Page/td-p/30200862/jump-to/first-unread-message
Join the crowd ^^^

Everyone has options. Just be sure the best option is right for you.
Message 6 of 35
latest reply

Traditionally, only about 40% of transactions ever got any feedback, and I suspect most of that was left by sellers.

Since buyers can only get positive feedback or no feedback, and since you are not getting any feedback yourself with your current policy of waiting until the buyer leaves it, why not just change your policy.

EBay no longer dates feedback, so I add the shipping date to the FB I leave which a) makes the buyer feel a little more reassured and b) might be why I get something like 75% from my customers (2352 left/1739 rec'd)

But the important thing is that they are sending you money, right?

Message 7 of 35
latest reply

I noticed when I don't leave feedback on Ebay, the seller sometimes ask me to send feedback since they gave me good feedback, so I do. Also some tell the customers, they are trying to build their feedback and would appreciate them giving honest feedback for you.
Message 8 of 35
latest reply

Several reasons: 

1) it is optional 

2) it is time consuming

3) buyers have absolutely no incentive to leave it 

I had the mindset that I would leave feedback for buyers only after they left feedback for me.

If your buyers have adopted exactly the the same mindset, you are guaranteeing you won't get any feedback.  

Message 9 of 35
latest reply

@vintagetreasures4you wrote:

I started reselling things on eBay this summer.   I've missed doing this and find it fun and relaxing unlike my full time job.   Anyone.   I've sold 5- 10 items in the last 3 1/2 months.   But, I've only received feedback from one person.    I had the mindset that I would leave feedback for buyers only after they left feedback for me.   But, gave up and left feedback for a couple people hoping they would leave positive feedback for me.   How does everyone get people to leave feedback after they purchase?   

There's no way to force someone to leave feedback, most buyers want the item they bought and if they receive it in good condition, that's all they care about and no further action is required of them. So your buyers must be happy with what they got or you would've heard.

Message 10 of 35
latest reply

Seller: How come nobody leaves me feedback? I leave it for them if they leave it for me first.

Buyer: How come nobody leaves me feedback? I leave it for them if they leave it for me first.

laughing

-------------
Posting ID
Message 11 of 35
latest reply

Pay close attention to what femmefan1946 posted. I used to wait until the buyer gave me feedback. Now, feedback is left after the buyer pays and the label is printed, then shipped. As a result, received more feedback. 

What is more important to you, feedback or money from sales?

Message 12 of 35
latest reply

I give all my buyers, feedback first, when I ship.

I average about 40% feedback from my buyers.

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 13 of 35
latest reply

Hi, welcome back and congrats on your sales. 

There is nothing you are doing wrong, or are not doing, or are doing, in regards to why buyers don't leave feedback. Feedback is no longer part of the give-and-take of doing business on eBay that it once was. It has somewhat lost its place in the community. New buyers are very unlikely to leave it, but I average about 60% of my buyers do. I always leave it right after I print the shipping label, to express my appreciation. I never ask for feedback because no news is good news--  I've listened to savvy sellers who advise never to ask for it, and I follow that advice. Just keep on doing a stellar job, and i think you will see a free more green donuts to add to your history. Best wishes to you on your return to selling!

Message 14 of 35
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

Traditionally, only about 40% of transactions ever got any feedback, and I suspect most of that was left by sellers.

Since buyers can only get positive feedback or no feedback, and since you are not getting any feedback yourself with your current policy of waiting until the buyer leaves it, why not just change your policy.

EBay no longer dates feedback, so I add the shipping date to the FB I leave which a) makes the buyer feel a little more reassured and b) might be why I get something like 75% from my customers (2352 left/1739 rec'd)

But the important thing is that they are sending you money, right?

Good idea there to add the date while leaving feedback for a buyer ..  Sort of kills two birds with one stone  so to speak.  Tulips 

Message 15 of 35
latest reply