cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eBay New Spec Identifiers are designed so poorly !!!!! unrelated identifiers in every listing!

eBay new specs identifiers in listings are so poorly designed, there are unrelated identifier with subject to listing and forcefully you have to fill unrelated information so Algo can read it, i guess eBay you need to higher some more better design team who can take care of this matter !!!!! so much frustration, example i am filling specs identifier for coffee maker  and instead of showing for how many cups its saying fill the info in quarts, seriously eBay no people will measure cups in quarts !!!! this is just one example and so on, its better to design the identifiers with subject to category is not small job and it will make a big mess in search results !!!!!!! 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

eBay New Spec Identifiers are designed so poorly !!!!! unrelated identifiers in every listing!

Color me un-surprised.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I'm listing a bed blanket. Standard twin size. Under options it includes "built in speakers" (In a blanket?) and it wants to know "grams per square meter"? I don't even know what that means.

And under features it automatically suggests "Sleeves". Now I realize there are some cozy wraps that include sleeves. But a standard bed blanket?

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

i don't understand your message but what i understand is this new specs identifiers are designed so poorly so even its not match with the listing specs criteria, i really don't know how a espresso coffee maker should be in quarts, espresso having small cups , and standard formula for quart to cup conversion do not fit , same like this there are so many listings, i think eBay is so much over confident about it but it will screw whole searching criteria for buyers and there would be more returns due to forcefully filling of un related text boxes.
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

eBay should not implement something when they are not sure about it, why they implement something which is not complete, testing is something else, i am too much frustrated from this,i have hundred of listings and if i go complete one by one with wrong identifiers and after few months ebay will fix it and then again i have to go and revise each and every listing, waste of time !!!!!
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

My comment was just that I'm not surprised that the changes are not well designed, not properly tested, and generally just another IT disaster in the making.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

brian@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone! Join us here at 3 pm PT today where we will be joined by Ron from the Structured Data team to give us an update on the ongoing Seller Hub and Item Specifics issue. Ron will let us know the current status as well as address your questions. Please know that because this is a developing situation we may not have exact answers but it’s important we get your input and update you with all necessary information.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 7 of 8
latest reply

WITH DUE RESPECT

i have missed yesterday chat, but as far as concern of item specifics and also additional specifics there is alot of repetition of attributes + attributes are unrelated to item listing which will create more bad result in searching that means sellers will loose sales due to poor desinged item specifics fields, does it make sense when i am selling home items like chair, and its ask me to enter how many voltage, also for cooking pot its ask me power and volts , this is very serious concern, eBay should bring features after testing not just by doing experiments with sellers.untill you will not fill unrelated fields it wont allow you to show in search result the blue round bar circle . at first place why we should fill unrelated item specifics what make no sense at all. i have hundred of listings its simply time consuming and later after eBay will fix this issue and again all sellers have to go each listing one by one and adjust it , will consume much of time, better is eBay fix it in time test it and then launch it. that is reason why a lot of sellers sales are killing complaining every day on discussion boards. eBay is loosing sales and sellers ! I hope developers take this seriously and think about it these kind of mistakes become reason for sellers to loose sales, we work hard here every day to keep updating our listings but this is really much frustrating situation. i am going to raise also this issue with ebay concierge .

Message 8 of 8
latest reply