cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WITH EVER INCREASING 'NOT AS DECRIBED' CLAIMS EBAY HAS FIGURED OUT HOW TO PROFIT

EBAY SETS THE BAR SO HIGH AND OPENS UP THE DOOR/LOOPHOLE THAT BASICALLY EVERY BUYER CAN AND WILL USE TO KEEP FROM PAYING THE RETURN SHIPPING. AND THEN THE SELLER IS PUNISHED BY BEING 'FINED' .. WOW.  

A 4 PERCENT INCREASE ON FEE'S FOR SELLERS , BECAUSE BUYERS HAVE FIGURED OUT EBAYS LOOPHOLES!

WHAT NEXT?  

UNBELIEVEABLE!

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: WITH EVER INCREASING 'NOT AS DECRIBED' CLAIMS EBAY HAS FIGURED OUT HOW TO PROFIT

I GUESS NOT ALL BUYERS ARE AS HONEST AS YOU THEN,  BUT MORE AND MORE WILL FIND THE LOOPHOLES AND BET THEY WILL USE THEM

Message 16 of 21
latest reply

Re: WITH EVER INCREASING 'NOT AS DECRIBED' CLAIMS EBAY HAS FIGURED OUT HOW TO PROFIT

"With clothing, buyers often do INAD returns for when the item doesn't fit.  Or just to get free return shipping.  If the seller already offers free returns (like me), the buyer will still do it so they get the original shipping back too."

------------------

About the only way to get around that,

is offering free shipping on the original purchase.

Of course, clothing is so competitive, that it can be difficult

to offer free shipping in the first place.

Lynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 17 of 21
latest reply

@div_style wrote:

SNADs rarely happen when the buyer gets exactly what s/he expected, and making that happen is fully upon the seller.

Oh,  if only that were true.

Got a snad.

Buyer told me that I should be ashamed for selling a broken piece of junk just to make money.

They were expecting the item to be in near new condition. For $27.50(including shipping) they were expecting to get an item, that with no defects, would cost $136 + shipping.

The item was usable. Had the same defect as the 20+ other listings on eBay for the same item. Required an alternate installation method just like the other 20+ listings for that item.

Detailed photos were in the listing. One photo sent by the buyer was showing the exact defect shown in the photo in the listing.

The defect was stated in the description in 2 places.

The buyer insisted that no photos were provided in the listing, and said that it was not stated that there was a defect. The buyer was either a bold faced liar, or had serious issues viewing the listing on whatever device they were using.

The buyer (feedback of 5) told me that they had a very good, long standing relationship with eBay.

Then a guy buys a clearly listed Honda part for his Toyota because eBay displayed it when there was a (0) for the Toyota part when he searched.

Got one coming back now..... 

Defective........release latch makes a noise when power is applied......... 

well, that's how it works.

Had a buyer state right in a return request that it was most certainly his error that he got the wrong item, as when looking at the listing after the item did not fit, it clearly was not for his vehicle.  The choice of "wrong item" in the return automatically makes it a seller error. eBay allows for no reversal of that choice, but do keep in mind that when the buyer wants to change from "remorse" to "SNAD"(even when messaging has a clear admission of buyer error), it's a slam dunk. No problem.

Does not always work to be a seller with good descriptions.

I expect to stay below the mark for increased FVF's, but still get bitten by the lost shipping in both directions every time.  

Message 18 of 21
latest reply

@lunalapin1912 wrote:
Some recent Ebay SNADs of mine were - I order a 4prong cord and get a 3 prong. Seller fought return
I order a watch and it arrives with the hands detached Seller fought return
I buy a plate and it's shipped in an envelope and arrive broken Seller was easy
I order a pair of size 6 Gucci slides and receive a pair of size 9 Gucci slides. Seller fought return
I order a pair of size 6 woman's shoes, and receive size 6 men's shoes Seller was nice
I order a sterling tea strainer and receive a plated strainer. Seller was abusive
I bought four pairs of hand knitted cashmere socks, they never arrive. Seller was abusive.
I don't leave negatives when the seller is nice or makes it easy to return

@lunalapin1912

I'm really sorry you had those experiences.  Sellers like that make all of us look bad.

Hopefully those are the last of your bad experiences. FWIW I always have size 6 shoes Smiley Wink

Message 19 of 21
latest reply

ITS REALLY NICE TO POST WHATS ON YOUR MIND JUST TO HAVE IT 'ALTERED' BY THE POWERS THAT BE.

SINCE I DON'T PLAY BY 'THEYRE' RULES,  AND THE PLAYING FIELD IS A BIT LIKE THE SELLING FIELD, ONE SIDED.

I'M DONE WASTING MY TIME HERE

Message 20 of 21
latest reply

@reich-stamps wrote:

@18704d wrote:

"SNADs rarely happen when the buyer gets exactly what s/he expected, and making that happen is fully upon the seller."

-----------

Yes.

Sell things that people don't want to return..at prices..

their happy to purchase those items for.

The last 100 buys I've done here...
I've never considered returning.. for any reason.

Llynn

Isn't this an interesting comment?    I've never returned anything as a buyer.   18+ years

I've had maybe 3 returns in 15,000 plus sales.   

Maybe these problems aren't 100% the buyers fault?

While there are some buyers who file false SNADs, legitimate SNADs are a large part of the problem~you're right.

Message 21 of 21
latest reply