cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WITH EVER INCREASING 'NOT AS DECRIBED' CLAIMS EBAY HAS FIGURED OUT HOW TO PROFIT

EBAY SETS THE BAR SO HIGH AND OPENS UP THE DOOR/LOOPHOLE THAT BASICALLY EVERY BUYER CAN AND WILL USE TO KEEP FROM PAYING THE RETURN SHIPPING. AND THEN THE SELLER IS PUNISHED BY BEING 'FINED' .. WOW.  

A 4 PERCENT INCREASE ON FEE'S FOR SELLERS , BECAUSE BUYERS HAVE FIGURED OUT EBAYS LOOPHOLES!

WHAT NEXT?  

UNBELIEVEABLE!

Message 1 of 21
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

WITH EVER INCREASING 'NOT AS DECRIBED' CLAIMS EBAY HAS FIGURED OUT HOW TO PROFIT

ITS REALLY NICE TO POST WHATS ON YOUR MIND JUST TO HAVE IT 'ALTERED' BY THE POWERS THAT BE.

SINCE I DON'T PLAY BY 'THEYRE' RULES,  AND THE PLAYING FIELD IS A BIT LIKE THE SELLING FIELD, ONE SIDED.

I'M DONE WASTING MY TIME HERE

View Best Answer in original post

Message 20 of 21
latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

@pulaskiliquidators61 wrote:

EBAY SETS THE BAR SO HIGH AND OPENS UP THE DOOR/LOOPHOLE THAT BASICALLY EVERY BUYER CAN AND WILL USE TO KEEP FROM PAYING THE RETURN SHIPPING. AND THEN THE SELLER IS PUNISHED BY BEING 'FINED' .. WOW.  

A 4 PERCENT INCREASE ON FEE'S FOR SELLERS , BECAUSE BUYERS HAVE FIGURED OUT EBAYS LOOPHOLES!

WHAT NEXT?  

UNBELIEVEABLE!

Thats why its really important to write full and complete descriptions as well as provide  clear photos  from all angles whenever  possible . I know there are buyers who will still find a way around all that  and still file a NAD ,, but at least  its something . Odors or  bad smells seem to be in use  more so lately  it seems ,, so if theres no way to get rid of them , better mention it too  Smiley Sad    Tulips 

Message 2 of 21
latest reply

@pulaskiliquidators61 wrote:

WHAT NEXT?  

UNBELIEVEABLE!

There are many sellers who believe there is no such thing as a legitimate SNAD.

While buyers unfortunately can and do file false SNADs, and that is not ethical, there are an awful lot of true SNADs that have been reported by sellers as buyers as well as simply by buyers~and true SNADs are not ethical, either.    

Highly accurate listings that disclose any and all flaws can help eliminate true SNADs~and those listings are for the seller's protection as well as the buyer's.

Message 3 of 21
latest reply

Clear descriptions dont matter they can still claim anything, color was off, has a crack, didnt turn on, blahh blahh and its your word against theirs. Humm a seller and a buyer i wonder just which one ebsy will pick!!

Message 4 of 21
latest reply

In the past if you went blow average, ebay banned you.

So at least they give you time now to try and work out of it.

Message 5 of 21
latest reply

Arguably ebay is figuring out how to profit from scammers. Since the 4%is not refunded to sellers who lose snad cases one might argue ebay is incentivizing scammers to move out. I disagree with alot about the implementef policy but as a basic idea its not bad.
Message 6 of 21
latest reply

@annasunicorns wrote:
Arguably ebay is figuring out how to profit from scammers. Since the 4%is not refunded to sellers who lose snad cases one might argue ebay is incentivizing scammers to move out. I disagree with alot about the implementef policy but as a basic idea its not bad.

Apparently it is meant to be an incentive to provide more accurate listings, as you say, incentivizing scammers to move out.  But buyers can also file false SNADs, which are as unfair as legitimate SNADs are to buyers. 

Message 7 of 21
latest reply

SNADs rarely happen when the buyer gets exactly what s/he expected, and making that happen is fully upon the seller.

List more, sell more. Goodwill that other, uh, stuff.

Feeling sleepy? There's an app for that.
Message 8 of 21
latest reply

@div_style wrote:

SNADs rarely happen when the buyer gets exactly what s/he expected, and making that happen is fully upon the seller.

Absolutely!!!!!!

Message 9 of 21
latest reply

"SNADs rarely happen when the buyer gets exactly what s/he expected, and making that happen is fully upon the seller."

-----------

Yes.

Sell things that people don't want to return..at prices..

their happy to purchase those items for.

The last 100 buys I've done here...
I've never considered returning.. for any reason.

Llynn

Lynn

You love me for everything you hate me for

Message 10 of 21
latest reply

@div_style wrote:

That really depends on what is being sold.

Some recent "SNADs" of mine include:

"not working or defective claim" for not being comfortable

an "authenticity" claim on shoes that came back very worn and of a model that has not been copied by the counterfeiters because they are too inexpensive to be bothered with

"not working or defective claim" because the buyer felt they didn't *work* for her looks-wise

"not as descibribed" because the shoes weren't leather...the listing said in 3 places what material they were made of

These 4 false SNADs were all in 1 month and put me in the scary "high" category, not to mention the amount I lost in shipping.  Not sure what I could have done/said in my listings to avoid these.

Message 11 of 21
latest reply

Some recent Ebay SNADs of mine were - I order a 4prong cord and get a 3 prong. Seller fought return
I order a watch and it arrives with the hands detached Seller fought return
I buy a plate and it's shipped in an envelope and arrive broken Seller was easy
I order a pair of size 6 Gucci slides and receive a pair of size 9 Gucci slides. Seller fought return
I order a pair of size 6 woman's shoes, and receive size 6 men's shoes Seller was nice
I order a sterling tea strainer and receive a plated strainer. Seller was abusive
I bought four pairs of hand knitted cashmere socks, they never arrive. Seller was abusive.
I don't leave negatives when the seller is nice or makes it easy to return
Message 12 of 21
latest reply

@lunalapin1912 wrote:
Some recent Ebay SNADs of mine were - I order a 4prong cord and get a 3 prong. Seller fought return
I order a watch and it arrives with the hands detached Seller fought return
I buy a plate and it's shipped in an envelope and arrive broken Seller was easy
I order a pair of size 6 Gucci slides and receive a pair of size 9 Gucci slides. Seller fought return
I order a pair of size 6 woman's shoes, and receive size 6 men's shoes Seller was nice
I order a sterling tea strainer and receive a plated strainer. Seller was abusive
I bought four pairs of hand knitted cashmere socks, they never arrive. Seller was abusive.
I don't leave negatives when the seller is nice or makes it easy to return

So sorry you had those experiences.  So your returns were 4 abusive, 2 courteous.  Obviously more sellers fought returns than not, which is the standard experiences that have been reported.  In your situations, that is 66.67% bad experiences.

Message 13 of 21
latest reply

With clothing, buyers often do INAD returns for when the item doesn't fit.  Or just to get free return shipping.  If the seller already offers free returns (like me), the buyer will still do it so they get the original shipping back too.

I'm "Very High" because in August many of my buyers lied about their return reasons.  That will cost me $300 in fees this month because the buyers lied.  Fortunately I haven't had any INAD returns in the past three weeks, and I'm still selling the same stuff I've been selling forever.  It's completely random whether buyers lie or not!

EBay acknowledged that buyers do lie on returns, but said it's okay because you're being compared to other sellers.  This is not okay though, because some sellers will get unlucky and get more lying buyers than others (like I did in August.)  Then, due to pure randomness, they will be charged hundreds or thousands in extra fees.

EBay needs to let us dispute the reasons for a return.  If they don't a certain number of sellers each month will randomly be charged higher fees for something they can't control.

Message 14 of 21
latest reply

@18704d wrote:

"SNADs rarely happen when the buyer gets exactly what s/he expected, and making that happen is fully upon the seller."

-----------

Yes.

Sell things that people don't want to return..at prices..

their happy to purchase those items for.

The last 100 buys I've done here...
I've never considered returning.. for any reason.

Llynn

Isn't this an interesting comment?    I've never returned anything as a buyer.   18+ years

I've had maybe 3 returns in 15,000 plus sales.   

Maybe these problems aren't 100% the buyers fault?

Message 15 of 21
latest reply