cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The reason there are no sales at Ebay

A lot of people are blaming the economy but even with a bad economy people still buys stuff. 

The real reason there are no sales is that Ebay is chasing away the sellers. Those sellers are also buyers.

Ebay hasn't improved their policies. Ebay policies have been hurting the sellers for many years. Years ago there was nowhere to go but now sellers have other options for example IG and Whatnot . People who works at Ebay from the bottom (customer care) to the top (CEO) have never sold anything online in their entire life so they don't understand the sellers and they are sinking the boat. The fees for me have increased a lot. I used to pay 16% now i pay 18% everytime i sell to the US . Now i also have to bribe Ebay so they can show most of my listings. As a buyer when i want to buy something from a seller i have to use ebay international shipping and i have to pay import taxes that i normally don't pay by Mexican laws. Like me there are many sellers at Ebay that aren't buying anymore.

Message 1 of 83
latest reply
82 REPLIES 82

Re: The reason there are no sales at Ebay

For there being no sales I am finally for the first time this year back onto my 2022 average sales pace.

Everybody wants to blame somebody else or something else for their problems on ebay. I just did a video about it.

https://youtu.be/pzZLPxq-S4k

Message 31 of 83
latest reply

@myfrugalboutique wrote:

@inhawaii 

you say that to everyone that has listings. What is your point?

I just don't understand why sellers who come here every day and...

Have nothing but complaints.

Have nothing but bad things to say about ebay.

Accuse ebay of unethical or even illegal business practices.

Think that ebay is evil and out to get them.

Blame ebay for their slow sales.

...contiunue to sell here, some of them with hundreds or even thousands of listings.

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 32 of 83
latest reply

It does seem like most of the chronic complainers are those with many many listings and seller feedback numbers.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 33 of 83
latest reply

This reminds me of the parable about the outdoor fruit vendor who is constantly cursing at the rain for his loss of business while on the other corner, the umbrella vendor remains silent and happy.

Message 34 of 83
latest reply

I stay because I'm fighting for every possible dollar to live on.  That 1 occasional sale means a future day when I know I'll be able to have money in pocket for a few hours.  It does not mean I am pleased with eBay nor that I have expectations the site is of value to me.  It barely helps me get by, sometimes.  I'll take any sale wherever I can get it.  I, absolutely, no longer have a reason to praise eBay.  I do not fully blame eBay.  I blame the governments for making people pay taxes left & right.  How many sites out there don't have that added cost for buyers or sellers?  I know of 4 ways to sell without taxes added on.

Message 35 of 83
latest reply

What taxes are you complaining about. Income tax? Everyone should pay their share….Sales Tax. Blame your state (some states like Oregon have so sales tax and the brunt of funding falls on property taxes AKA the home owner..sales tax shares the burden) property taxes (fund the schools, and many many necessities.)

Just what would you propose. It is easy to complain, but without how you would overall the tax system, it is just a complaint.

Look at the richest people..they pay no taxes. Who do you blame for that? 

https://itep.org/55-profitable-corporations-zero-corporate-tax/

Message 36 of 83
latest reply

@myfrugalboutique wrote:

What taxes are you complaining about. Income tax? Everyone should pay their share….Sales Tax. Blame your state (some states like Oregon have so sales tax and the brunt of funding falls on property taxes AKA the home owner..sales tax shares the burden) property taxes (fund the schools, and many many necessities.)

Just what would you propose. It is easy to complain, but without how you would overall the tax system, it is just a complaint.

Look at the richest people..they pay no taxes. Who do you blame for that? 

https://itep.org/55-profitable-corporations-zero-corporate-tax/

Just an additional comment.  Oregon has a state income tax instead of state sales tax.  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 37 of 83
latest reply

I think it's AI sorting massive amounts of data.  It's still in learning mode.

KrazzyKats
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 38 of 83
latest reply

@anjofak wrote:

All the sales on ebay are on ebay...

All your eBay are belong to us.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 39 of 83
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I also sell on ebay and I don't get sales because of the many and very high taxes, I can't put competitive prices as the people from ebay ask me to put and I don't promote the products, plus no one offers free delivery from Moldova, no shipper, the lack of sales is like In my country, no one buys on ebay, plus I don't know English and I can't use the ebay site on facebook marketplace, we sold many products and had many views, we also have a site like ebay 

The lack of sales is that ebay does not have internal users from my country at the international level, if I were to sell 1-2 products per month or every two months, there is no point in selling on ebay, but I will list the products on the website even if they will not be bought on ebay I have local platforms where I sell on other  platforms

I hoped that I will make money with ebay but 0 results from Moldova I will not get sales on ebay

Message 40 of 83
latest reply

The best possible thing that could happen for ebay sellers is if 2/3rds of ebay sellers quit tomorrow. More sellers does not really equal more buyers.  And I have found that most people who have been serious sellers on ebay continue to use it as a customer even if they stop selling.  I know that over the past 25 years I bought on ebay at about the same rate, regardless of if I was selling at the moment or not.

Message 41 of 83
latest reply

u nailed it!!! do better eBay. No one is even seeing my listings & I am an honest, good seller, who goes above and beyond for my customers. If I permit a listing, which they basically make you do, I am giving up on this 50% for each item i sell! This is ridiculous, and I am looking to sell on other platforms at this point.  I am a newer seller & just started selling in August, but I take pride in the fact that I go out of the way for my customers to create a positive buying experience.  eBay is extremely greedy with how much do they take to the point where I am actually losing money on this platform & this fact is so sad 

Message 42 of 83
latest reply

I am getting sales. How bought you my friend?

Message 43 of 83
latest reply

@vintagecraze50 wrote:

I am getting sales. How bought you my friend?

I'm doing ok.

But when I have slow days, it's always ebay's fault.    😉

Smoke From A Distant Fire - Sanford Townsend Band
Message 44 of 83
latest reply

Selling on other platforms who are experiencing the same slowdown including the ALMIGHTY WALMART is not the solution. 

Message 45 of 83
latest reply