cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The reason there are no sales at Ebay

A lot of people are blaming the economy but even with a bad economy people still buys stuff. 

The real reason there are no sales is that Ebay is chasing away the sellers. Those sellers are also buyers.

Ebay hasn't improved their policies. Ebay policies have been hurting the sellers for many years. Years ago there was nowhere to go but now sellers have other options for example IG and Whatnot . People who works at Ebay from the bottom (customer care) to the top (CEO) have never sold anything online in their entire life so they don't understand the sellers and they are sinking the boat. The fees for me have increased a lot. I used to pay 16% now i pay 18% everytime i sell to the US . Now i also have to bribe Ebay so they can show most of my listings. As a buyer when i want to buy something from a seller i have to use ebay international shipping and i have to pay import taxes that i normally don't pay by Mexican laws. Like me there are many sellers at Ebay that aren't buying anymore.

Message 1 of 91
latest reply
90 REPLIES 90

Re: The reason there are no sales at Ebay

There are lots of sales on ebay. 

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 2 of 91
latest reply

LOL! LOL! LOL!

Message 3 of 91
latest reply

quoted post removed

I am sorry, but everyone here has a voice and a right to use it. That statement is offensive, because your point of view does not grant you license to insult other responders with a possibly differing opinion. @inhawaii actually happens to be a very good seller. 

I for one am getting weary of the term “cheerleader” as it is meant to both invalidate and insult those who may not blame eBay for every little problem they encounter. How would you like it for someone to call you a derogatory name like Naysayer every time you made a post?

Message 4 of 91
latest reply

I hate to say it, but I suspect the fact that you are selling from outside of the US is having an impact on your sales. Many buyers limit their searches to US sellers only to avoid sellers who are shipping their goods from China.

Message 5 of 91
latest reply

quoted post removed

Because another seller has a different opinion than you do does NOT make them a "cheerleader".  It makes them a seller having a different experience than you are and there are MILLIONS of them that are having sales.  

So in your opinion a seller with no or very little sales is a "good seller".  That would mean that your opinion is that those sellers with sales are bad sellers.  What exactly does this mean as it certainly doesn't make sense.

I get it that you are upset.  But taking it out on your fellow sellers isn't going to help you in any way.  And it sure isn't going to inspire someone to even try to help even if they could.

I get it, this past summer has been particularly difficult for many sellers while other sellers have been doing fine.  I don't think it is the economy because the US economy is doing great and our unemployment rate is extremely low.

There are however many people that still have not recovered financially from the Pandemic and others that learned during that time how to better hold onto their money.  Then there is the fact that prices for commodities has not come down from the Pandemic prices and so we still have to pay those high prices for things like food and gas.  

The holiday season is here, so hopefully more sales are coming for all of us.  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 6 of 91
latest reply

I agree that it's harder to sell here, mostly because there is so much competition in the etailing space, and on here, yet a shrinking buyer pool. But I don't really think that sellers are necessarily also buyers - that closed system faded away years ago when eBay ceased being the only show in town (as you've mentioned). Many sellers do purchase here, yes, but it's not a given, and many may not purchase often.

ETA: And there are not "no sales" here - there are in fact a great many sales here.

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 7 of 91
latest reply

All the sales on ebay are on ebay...

Message 8 of 91
latest reply

The reason there are no sales at Ebay.

No sales?

There are approximately 2 billion items sold on ebay every day.

Message 9 of 91
latest reply

How does insulting an eBay seller further your cause?  You are addressing one of eBay's better sellers, BTW.  

And are you aware that any eBayer can offer advice and/or opinions here?

You are entitled to your own opinion, and so are the rest of us.  

Message 10 of 91
latest reply

What does that mean?  

Message 11 of 91
latest reply

As a  buyer,  I find the listing pages so clogged with ads I get turned off quick by all the noise and find other things to do.  The search is so bad I often can't find what I need.   I don't know what the search does anymore.  It seems in the past when an abbreviation is used, I could depend on the state being searched for but now we seem to need to type out Massachusetts.   To really find the items I have to search for MA, MASS and the full name.   Constantly having to rerun the search because Ebay searches for something else "If you wish to search for your actual search term, click here".   

The cluttered unreadable listings, clogged with promotions, turn me off.  I hardly buy anymore.  It is unpleasant to shop- its like Macys where you can't get to the pants you need because they put display tables and piles in the aisles.   Also, the good stuff is not online anymore, at least not at reasonable prices.   unless of course,I'm offering it;-)

Message 12 of 91
latest reply

I'm a little confused.

So you're saying as a buyer, ebay is a dreaded place. The search is terrible.

Yet you have over 5000 items for sale here.

Bad for buyers, good for sellers?

Message 13 of 91
latest reply

If this week is a "no sales on eBay" week...I hope it continues for me this next week.  Had the best sales I have had in a long time.  eBay has some problems, but it is still a good place to sell and purchase

Message 14 of 91
latest reply

@natoman777 wrote:

If this week is a "no sales on eBay" week...I hope it continues for me this next week.  Had the best sales I have had in a long time.  eBay has some problems, but it is still a good place to sell and purchase

So there are sales on ebay after all.

Good for you!  Keep up the good work!

Message 15 of 91
latest reply