cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The reason there are no sales at Ebay

A lot of people are blaming the economy but even with a bad economy people still buys stuff. 

The real reason there are no sales is that Ebay is chasing away the sellers. Those sellers are also buyers.

Ebay hasn't improved their policies. Ebay policies have been hurting the sellers for many years. Years ago there was nowhere to go but now sellers have other options for example IG and Whatnot . People who works at Ebay from the bottom (customer care) to the top (CEO) have never sold anything online in their entire life so they don't understand the sellers and they are sinking the boat. The fees for me have increased a lot. I used to pay 16% now i pay 18% everytime i sell to the US . Now i also have to bribe Ebay so they can show most of my listings. As a buyer when i want to buy something from a seller i have to use ebay international shipping and i have to pay import taxes that i normally don't pay by Mexican laws. Like me there are many sellers at Ebay that aren't buying anymore.

Message 1 of 83
latest reply
82 REPLIES 82

Re: The reason there are no sales at Ebay

@tanisia99 

Well actually I am in another country.

But from here it looks like the USA is multiple countries.

https://wisevoter.com/state-rankings/unemployment-rate-by-state/

If you are in an area with high unemployment, you might think that it is the same everywhere.

And that goes for particular industries too.

An industry that is shedding workers, in favour of mechanisation or overseas factories, will have more impact on the thinking of workers in that industry, than on the workers in the factory next door which is hiring.

Message 76 of 83
latest reply

@bonjourami wrote:

It does seem like most of the chronic complainers are those with many many listings and seller feedback numbers.

Newer sellers don't know the difference between good sales and slow sales.

Message 77 of 83
latest reply

@tanisia99 wrote:

The economy is fine?

Are you in another country?

Did you read my entire post or just part of it?

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 78 of 83
latest reply

@kennys-kollectibles wrote:

Generally overall ebay has declined as a good place to sell and a good place to buy in the last 15 years. 

If you haven't been on here for at least 10 to 15 years but you think it's good, you have no way of comparing how good it was before you started selling here. Or buying for that matter. 

We who have been here long term, have seen the decline. 

I wonder if anyone who  has been selling here for more than 15 years can honestly say

it's better now than it was then?   Anyone?

THIS Exactly!
   There are many possible reasons for declining sales. 
The "main" reason right now is eBay's doing.
If you were selling 20 of the 30 schnorkles on eBay, per week, five years ago?
I can assure you, you're not now.
BUT, If 30 are still selling per week.  They will be divided up, fairly equally, amongst several sellers.
Almost regardless of price.

Message 79 of 83
latest reply

Our gas prices here hover between $4.50 and $3.60 for regular.

Grocery here in the state of Washington have not come down yet.  Hopefully ours will start falling like yours have.

Yes, unfortunately Covid is still going around.  We aren't in Pandemic mode anymore, but it still has a huge impact on many peoples daily life.  I know it does mine.  I have to be careful when getting around other people or shopping due to a reduced immune system.  So I'm always on guard.

Message 80 of 83
latest reply

@deltilogical wrote:

"Remnants of the spike proteins remain in body cells the immune system didn't kill and those proteins can cause a variety of dysfunctions in the cells."

You mean the spike proteins created by the injections?

No, by actually contracting Covid.  That isn't to say there are not proteins in the vaccines, but the ones in the vaccines are not the same.

"Each COVID-19 vaccine causes the immune system to create antibodies to fight COVID-19 . COVID-19 vaccines use a harmless version of a spikelike structure on the surface of the COVID-19 virus called an S protein."

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/different-types-of-covid-19-vacc....

"What you need to know. SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is covered in spike proteins. These spike proteins interact with a protein called angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) that sits on the surface of human cells. By attaching to ACE2, the virus can infect the human cells.Jul 12, 2023"

https://covid19.nih.gov/news-and-stories/delivering-extra-protection-against-covid-19#:~:text=What%2....

"Novavax COVID-19 vaccine is a protein subunit vaccine. Protein subunit vaccines contain pieces (proteins) of the virus that causes COVID-19. The virus pieces are the spike protein. The Novavax COVID-19 vaccine contains another ingredient called an adjuvant."

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/different-vaccines/overview-COVID-19-vaccines.htm....

Message 81 of 83
latest reply

If ebay cancels my seller  account  or makes it too expensive or difficult to continue selling on the platform, I would be upset with ebay, but I would continue to buy from eBay sellers, if I find the lowest price for what I'm looking for on ebay.  I wouldn't pay more on a different platform just to stick it to ebay.  That's stupid.

Message 82 of 83
latest reply

My situation is worse.  I don't know enough to know how to navigate the so-called "specials"  they have at eBay.  I occasionally check off a box to get additional advertising.  Next thing I know,  I getting charged for every "click"  on one of my 126 items whether they buy or not.  Further,  my overall fees according to my "Performance Page"  comes up to 34%.   How can they charge their fee percentage on gross sales which included the listing price and postage versus an offer I made that's $30 lower than listing.  They still charge the same percentage.   That's why I tell everyone I'm also on ETSY in addition to  "Feeee-Bay."

Dave,  Atlanta

Message 83 of 83
latest reply