cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ship by Date is WRONG in Sold emails

Just a heads up .........sale today (4/3) shows a ship by date in the email of 4/5........I have one day handling.  It is correct in Seller Hub Sold awaiting shipment.......4/4

I did report on tech board.........

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/Ship-by-date-is-WRONG-in-Sold-email/m-p/33...

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Ship by Date is WRONG in Sold emails

Yeah, it has been wrong for awhile.  I don't even look at it anymore.  Just go by the date in Sellers Hub. 

Just my Two Cents...
Thank you for being here!
Penny
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

For us the Sellers Hub has been ignoring 1 day handling time for orders before a variable time. Rather than midnight being the cut off, sometimes orders before 3AM are considered ship same day, sometimes 4AM, sometimes 5AM. 

I'm not sure if it's a time zone issue or what is going on, but it began at the time they did their updates last month. 

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

@pennysdream 

Was wrong (same as this) for more than a few months.......then (for me), it was showing correct date to mail, but the purchase date was a day before the actual date of purchase....then, I see this again......sold date wrong, purchase date right.  (in the sold email).....

@zamo-zuan  for as long as I remember, the midnight time is Ebay (pacific) time......so for eastern sellers...with one day shipping, if the purchase time was before 3 am. eastern, which would be 12 midnite Pacific, you had to mail that day..  I haven't seen any problems with that.....but I certainly don't have nearly as many orders as you.....and few just before midnight Pacific.  (lol, but it ALWAYS happens when we are going to try to get out of here early in the morn)......

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

It sounds correct to me. Sold 4/3, a day off handling 4/4, ship by 4/5.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

hehehe guess I never noticed it was ever fixed.  Got so used to it being wrong.. 

Just my Two Cents...
Thank you for being here!
Penny
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

nope........

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/shipping-items/delivery-date-options-sellers?id=4086&st=3&pos=3&qu...

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

One day handling, sold 3 April, the item needs to ship by 23.59 4 Apr

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@dhbookds wrote:

@zamo-zuan  for as long as I remember, the midnight time is Ebay (pacific) time......so for eastern sellers...with one day shipping, if the purchase time was before 3 am. eastern, which would be 12 midnite Pacific, you had to mail that day..  I haven't seen any problems with that.....but I certainly don't have nearly as many orders as you.....and few just before midnight Pacific.  (lol, but it ALWAYS happens when we are going to try to get out of here early in the morn)......

Yeah, we're on Pacific time as well. The strangest part is that it's not consistent! When I first saw 4AM, I thought maybe it had the time zone wrong AND forgot about DST. But considering the variation, it's not making any sense.

It looks like last night it toggled at 3AM:

zamozuan_0-1680639456371.png

But then I look a few orders above that one (more recent): 

zamozuan_2-1680639872196.png

So 2:59 AM is same day ship, 3:12AM is next day ship, then 4:55AM is same day ship!? What the heck eBay!?

Every single item in our inventory is 1 day handling time, except the Hasport line which is an extended/longer handling time.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

That's not how handling time works.

0 day is same day (would be 4/3).

1 day is next day (would be 4/4).

2 day would be 4/5.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply