cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Offers Bug, I've Figured It Out.

Over the course of the last 5 days I've had 12 or so offers that were sent out as $25 offers on my end, show up for the buyer as $2 offers.  I called eBay and they said they were aware of the problem and opened a ticket.  Meanwhile, it's still happening.  I just figured out the bug and wanted to share on the boards in case anyone else is having this issue.  It's a costly issue and is 100% eBay's problem.  Please see the screenshot below.  It only happens when using $25 for some reason.  When you put in $25 it shows up as $2 on the offer being sent. 

I just called eBay and the rep told me they fixed the issue but this was just taken a minute ago so it is not fixed.  

Manage-active-listings-eBay-Seller-Hub.png

Message 1 of 53
latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

It also occurs when sending an offer for $14.00. They change it to $1.00.  Had it happen several times.  Also, often get a message that the offer can't be sent and then when I try again a few hours later, it allows it. 

Message 2 of 53
latest reply

Good to know!  Mine have all been on the $25 offers for some reason.  It is only happening on my laptop and not on the IOS app.  At first I thought it was the app after the update but I figured out it's not.  

Message 3 of 53
latest reply

There was another post of the same this morning.  Big ticket item sold for $1.00.  This is unacceptable.  It was bad enough when the easy pricing was added, but thankfully it was removed.  I thought that was the problem when I replied.  I corrected myself.   

People are here to make money, not give things away.  Glad you caught it.  

Message 4 of 53
latest reply

It's a huge problem.  eBay did reimbursed me for the first few that it happened to because I thought it was my fault and sent out the items.  Then they told me to just cancel the items from there on out and use the reason as "buyer asked to cancel".  I've been sending emails out when it happens but it's just bad business.  It makes it look like I'm not holding up my end.  I'm so glad I figured it out, I felt I was starting to go mad.  

Message 5 of 53
latest reply

@spreadlovelikefire wrote:

It's a huge problem.  eBay did reimbursed me for the first few that it happened to because I thought it was my fault and sent out the items.  Then they told me to just cancel the items from there on out and use the reason as "buyer asked to cancel".  I've been sending emails out when it happens but it's just bad business.  It makes it look like I'm not holding up my end.  I'm so glad I figured it out, I felt I was starting to go mad.  

Sounds like everyone needs to immediately stop sending out offers.  On top of that, I find it terrible that ebay tells sellers to use the false reason "buyer asked to cancel" when we all know that angers buyers.   Ebay needs to have their own reason "ebay error" to take the blame instead of making sellers look dishonest.

Message 6 of 53
latest reply

My thought exactly!  However, I do get a lot of sales from legitimate offers being sent.  I've been taking pictures of every single offer then going in and checking the actual offer sent.  I thought it was the IOS app but this morning I figured out it's not.  So now that I know what is actually going on, I will avoid sending out offers on my laptop and just use the app.  It seems like a pretty easy fix on eBay's part but for some reason they are not fixing it.  It's leaving off the last number, in my case, it's only the #5.  I tried several different variations of offers and it only doesn't accept the #5 on the end.  Others have reported that it's other numbers as well.  

Message 7 of 53
latest reply

Nothing works right on eBay....EVER

he/him/guy/dude...you get the picture
Message 8 of 53
latest reply

been having the same issues for weeks- does not matter the offer price- it only sends the first digit. 350= 3, 176 = 1 etc.     i wish i had a 1 dollar for every ticket opened on ebay - i could retire

Message 9 of 53
latest reply

I  thought it was me. Ive had big ticket items selling for nothing. I keep cancelling but am embarrassed. Are they fixing this!!!

Message 10 of 53
latest reply

It is not fixed. Happened again this morning. Wished I had checked these boards earlier.  Cant keep cancelling.

Message 11 of 53
latest reply

You can go into the offers sent and double check what you've sent out.  If you see one that is less than what you sent then you'll need to cancel the item and relist it.  I've figured out that it is only happening on the laptop, not the app.  So if you use your phone to send out offer they should be going out correctly.  And they definitely haven't fixed it, I had one yesterday and the screen shot I've included in this thread was just taken this morning. 

Message 12 of 53
latest reply

@spreadlovelikefire 

Can you try this again, but enter the full price including the cents?

I'm wondering if it's because you entered the price (in your screenshot) as 25 ... I'm wondering if it would work correctly if you entered 25.00.

If so, then there's a work-around to suggest, in addition to paying close attention to the area you circled on the right hand side, where it shows $2.00

Message 13 of 53
latest reply

Right now I do not have any offers available to try it out but I will as soon as one pops up.  This is a great idea, maybe it does have something to do with it being 2 digits.  As soon as one is available I will try it and see what I find and I'll take screenshots and post back here with what I find.  Any type of variation that will help would be fantastic!

Message 14 of 53
latest reply

@spreadlovelikefire wrote:

I just called eBay and the rep told me they fixed the issue but this was just taken a minute ago so it is not fixed.  

Manage-active-listings-eBay-Seller-Hub.png

What happens if you key in the offer as "25.00" instead of "25"? That way you're not relying on the software to guess where the decimal point should go (which, in the case of eBay's software, is clearly getting it wrong).

Message 15 of 53
latest reply