cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales down to nothing from January 1 2019

Just wondering if it is just me, or if other long-time sellers have noticed a complete drop through the floor of sales that started in the beginning of this month?

Message 1 of 154
latest reply
153 REPLIES 153

Re: Sales down to nothing from January 1 2019

"@anthony-stam: Can we say TAXES!
I went from spending $2000-$3000 per month, to $0. I am not going to pay taxes on used items already taxed, and have them go to the Big Black Hole of the Government, & Politicians “pet/friends” or their pockets, and/or just wasted. TAXES, and increasing SELLER FRAUD, CHINESE products, & Shifty, Misleading, women sellers, made me slam on the breaks, & stop buying."

Women sellers? I just heard a new one, lol! Looking down, yep, I am indeed a woman and a seller, didn't know I was a bad seller though, hmmmm.... ;-0

Message 136 of 154
latest reply

@writertypes:

Extremely well said, I echo your thoughts completely. Good sellers of great items are migrating to the App platforms (I did), and we took our good items with us.

Buyers are following the sellers to these platforms. All of my Pinterest board posts were originally directed to eBay, now I direct them to the other platforms where I am selling these items. eBay now gets mostly my cross posts and items that aren't selling on the other sites.

Not sure if eBay truly understands that a great deal of buyers will follow the merchandise onto another platform. They either cannot find it here or they follow the social media posts onto these other selling platforms. Many of them do not return to eBay once they discover a 'new' home to buy. Perhaps eBay truly doesn't miss these buyers, but I doubt it.

Message 137 of 154
latest reply

Ebay has been infiltrated by parasites who think the " Profit from Ads" Is more important than business with small sellers.But I know for sure there is nothing stays forever.
Message 138 of 154
latest reply

What is that message?My buyers keep contacting me about this glitch.They saying to not be able to buy my items.I called eBay.They don't know anything. Is this happening to sellers on MPSystem??
Message 139 of 154
latest reply

Well, USPS rate increase is killing business.  Bombed with messages from buyers complaining about shipping costs.  Anything over 12x12 is expensive and killing sales.  Anyone else having this problem since July?

Message 140 of 154
latest reply

22 sold items in last 3 months is up and away? There is no lying on ebay ;>)

Message 141 of 154
latest reply

It is SELL. SELL, not sale.
Message 142 of 154
latest reply

I see the same nonsense with their "seller recommendations". No comparison sales yet they say "lower your price". Buyer offers are totally ridiculous, sometimes a third of asking price if you don't set parameters. I feel the same way. May as well donate. Good thing I'm just an old retired guy killing time. I feel for anyone attempting to survive here these days. If this were a football game, I'd punt.

Message 143 of 154
latest reply

Yup....hardly sold anything for months. I’m thinking of going elsewhere.
Message 144 of 154
latest reply

eBay is dunzo, & yes , whiners get blacklisted 

Message 145 of 154
latest reply

Yes I find that it is very difficult to sell anything on eBay. Occasionally I get a rare item that takes off. But if you're basically just selling household stuff the markets just too saturated. You can't sell things cheap because eBay fees are too high. The cost of shipping is ridiculous now with sales tax customers have to pay more so they want to pay less for the item their purchasing. The competition of so many sellers is making it very difficult to find inexpensive items to resell. It's really just not a good business to be in anymore. I also lost a lot of money in sales because eBay allows people to return anything for any reason even over a month later. I've been selling for a long time but really don't want to do it anymore
Message 146 of 154
latest reply

@calistas_closet33 wrote:
Sales have been going down, at least for me steadily since mid 2017. And I do not think sellers here are overreacting, or that January - February is unique, we had worse economies with better sales.

My best sales came during the middle of The Great Recession. eBay is the problem and a lost cause. I've moved my listings elsewhere and point buyers to my other venues. 

Message 147 of 154
latest reply

Not just you at all. It is happening across the board, some estimate overall, eBay sales are down about 50%. I am actually pulling what I have for sale on here (Some stuff has been on there for months) and I am closing my eBay account. No longer worth it to even try to sale here. It is unfortunate, over the years it has been fun. I am not sure what is happening but eBay better wake up and pull their heads out from wherever they are and get it together. 

Message 148 of 154
latest reply

100% drop for me.The introduction of sales tax has crippled sales.I am also experiencing growing skepticism from would be customers despite my perfect feedback and seller rating.I find myself having to reassure customers that there item is going to show up regardless of my 100% positive feedback,and eBays money back guarantee.Fact is people just don't like buying on eBay.I should not have to constantly re assure potential buyers that it  is safe to buy on eBay.Regardless of my perfect track record,eBay has a black eye,people simply don't trust it.They never make it to the point of reading my feedback because eBay has such a bad name in the industry.I have gone from selling $50k a month to a few hundred dollars a month.This is pitiful.I guarantee on my life that the next thing eBay will expect sellers to do is "Include the sales tax" so that buyers wont have to pay.Sellers will be expected to pay the tax.Mark my words.Times have changed,buyers don't like eBay,and sellers are treated like garbage.We assume all the risk,and we pay all the fees.Another factor is that unless you spend more money

on ebay "Promote your listing" That your ads,my ads are simply never being seen,they are buried at the bottom of the pile.Thanks eBay.You are a greedy awful mess.

Message 149 of 154
latest reply

NO.It will never end.Not with eBay.Mark my words..eBay will be expecting sellers to eat the sales tax so that buyers don't shy away from selling it.SAles are down because eBay has implemented sales tax.Also unless you pay eBay a minimum of 5% to "Promote" your listing...It may never even be seen buy potential buyers.

Thanks eBay.You are disgusting.

Message 150 of 154
latest reply