cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promoted listing ad rate

I just started a Campaign with the Promoted listing. When I chose what to promote I was NEVER given the option on what rate I wanted. I cannot find what rate I was 'Given'. I cannot found how to change the rate. I cannot find how to delete my campaign. I want to delete my campaign since I have NO IDEA what my rate is. 

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Promoted listing ad rate

You edit the campaign and change the rate then. You can't delete an active campaign and must end it first.
Message 2 of 19
latest reply

Promoted listing ad rate

As a buyer I ABSOLUTELY refuse to even click into a promoted listing let alone buy one.

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

Promoted listing ad rate

Promoted listings = waste of time.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

Promoted listing ad rate

Promoted listings dashboard:

https://pls.ebay.com/plsweb/dashboard

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

Promoted listing ad rate

Did you figure this out?  It's pretty easy to manage once you learn how to use it.  With the basic store, I get a $30 credit each quarter for promoted listing fees.  I actually get a ton of clicks using this in particularly crowded product spaces.  And the sales do come.  I usually run enough to keep my best match up with clicks and then sell enough to eat up the $30 credit.  If a listing seems to be "flagging" due to many sellers with the same product, this can get your listing seen and clicked on by potential buyers.  Use at your own discretion as we are all different and have different approaches to managing our business.  Let me know if you need some help.  Best of luck!

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

Promoted listing ad rate

Did you figure this out?  It's pretty easy to manage once you learn how to use it.  With the basic store, I get a $30 credit each quarter for promoted listing fees.  I actually get a ton of clicks using this in particularly crowded product spaces.  And the sales do come.  I usually run enough to keep my best match up with clicks and then sell enough to eat up the $30 credit.  If a listing seems to be "flagging" due to many sellers with the same product, this can get your listing seen and clicked on by potential buyers.  Use at your own discretion as we are all different and have different approaches to managing our business.  Let me know if you need some help.  Best of luck!

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

Promoted listing ad rate

I did manage ti edit it but it was burdensome since I had to do each one individually. The instructions say that I can choose a rate when I start the campaign not that I have to edit each one later.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

Promoted listing ad rate

I don't know how you are able to start a campaign without an ad rate - when I do, it requires choosing an ad rate after adding one or more listings to start the campaign.

If you download the CSV report for the campaign it shows the ad rates.
Message 9 of 19
latest reply

Promoted listing ad rate

I’ve never been able to start a campaign without choosing a rate or agreeing to the suggested rate.

Message 10 of 19
latest reply

Promoted listing ad rate

I just went in to start a campaign, and after selecting a few items, the first box to continue is "set ad rate".  That led to a sliding scale with a preset percentage of 5%.  I could continue without changing this, or I could change the percentage at this point.

What I couldn't find was a place to enter a start and end time--so I exited.  

Message 11 of 19
latest reply

Promoted listing ad rate

You select the start and stop dates at the very end, before you complete the set up for any particular campaign

This area is located on the last page that comes after you set your ad rates.  

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

Promoted listing ad rate

@go-bad-chicken wrote:

You select the start and stop dates at the very end, before you complete the set up for any particular campaign

It is the page that comes after you set your ad rates.  

Okay, thanks.  Maybe I'll give this another try.  I thought I was at launch but must have not been.

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

Promoted listing ad rate

Yeah I know exactly what you are taking about.

I am not sure exactly what it says, but the button at the bottom of the page where a seller sets their ad rate, is a little bit confusing. I think it states something to the effect of "Launch Campain" leading a seller who is using it for the first time to believe that that is all that there is.

But that button does in actuality take you to another page, which is also the last page, where you set your dates and where you do officially launch the campaign.

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

Promoted listing ad rate

Yeah, that's it.  I'm funny like that---I don't like to click on "launch" unless I'm ready for takeoff!!

Message 15 of 19
latest reply