cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why has eBay removed all ways to contact sellers????

Message 1 of 18
latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

"Re: Why has eBay removed all ways to contact sellers????"

Perhaps not, but that isn't their fault (darn programmers).

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 2 of 18
latest reply

@jeepcherokee-dodgedakota-performance

If you are in a transaction with the seller, use the dropdown on the item in your purchase history.

If you are wanting to ask a question about an active listing, the option isn't gone ... they just moved it from under the listing to up on top, on the right, under the seller's ID "contact seller"

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 3 of 18
latest reply

Ebay is hyper paranoid about buyers and sellers communicating and are envisioning off site sales in every nook and cranny. I'm sure that has something to do with them hiding the contact button.

Message 4 of 18
latest reply

They seem to find a way to contact me - I receive messages fairly regularily from buyers. I had one yesterday message me just to tell me her package arrived safe and sound... ?

Then there was another with all these odd questions that told me she didn't even read the description in my  item, plus the "tone" of the message put me on edge and I was terrified - literally - to respond to her. I could tell she'd be a HUGE problem if I sold to her so plus I was afraid of saying much of anything lest I set off some trigger with eBays software. There's that warning hovering over your message like a tyrant wielding an axe... I didn't know what to do so I just said, "thank you" and left it at that, then I blocked that buyer. She sent me 3 more messages with the exact same thing in them. I felt like it was a trap.

Later it hit me - this whole message business is making me paranoid! So now I'm relieved when I don't have any so I'm not put in a position of being put in solitary or something... (sigh).

Message 5 of 18
latest reply

Look in the upper-right corner of the listing. If it has a "Seller information" section, that section will include a link for "Contact seller."

Some gadgets and browsers don't show that seller information box. Click on the seller's feedback number. This takes you to their feedback page which has a "Contact member" link at the top of the list of links on the right side of the page.

Message 6 of 18
latest reply

It has been happening for over a month now. For some the contact seller link is not on the right side. OP what you have to do is click the feedback number for the seller. Once you get to the seller's feedback page you will see the contact seller link there.

Message 7 of 18
latest reply

Don't even need a word for why they want all contact limited  . . . .  $

scared they might miss a penny or two

Message 8 of 18
latest reply

I guess it depends on which browser you're using.

Screen Shot 2018-01-24 at 5.05.42 PM.png

Message 10 of 18
latest reply

I get almost all of my shipping supplies from EcoSwift 🙂
Message 11 of 18
latest reply

That's good to hear as I placed an order yesterday! 🙂
Message 12 of 18
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

It has been happening for over a month now. For some the contact seller link is not on the right side. OP what you have to do is click the feedback number for the seller. Once you get to the seller's feedback page you will see the contact seller link there.

That's not the best if a buyer has a specific question about a specific item... "Hi- what size is this?"

Seller: "What item is this referring to?"

Buyer: "Item number XXXXXXXXXXXXX."

eBay: WARNING! STOP TRYING TO TAKE THIS SALE OFF EBAY BY EXCHANGING CONTACT INFORMATION!!!

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 13 of 18
latest reply

@gramophone-georg wrote:

@coolections wrote:

That's not the best if a buyer has a specific question about a specific item... "Hi- what size is this?"

Seller: "What item is this referring to?"

Buyer: "Item number XXXXXXXXXXXXX."

eBay: WARNING! STOP TRYING TO TAKE THIS SALE OFF EBAY BY EXCHANGING CONTACT INFORMATION!!!

@gramophone-georg

My browser rarely shows the link so I use the contact seller all the time. When I ask a question I refer to the specific item I am asking about. Never had a warning about off site transactions. Sometime it takes just a little common sense.

Message 14 of 18
latest reply

@ripcityresell wrote:
I get almost all of my shipping supplies from EcoSwift 🙂

I placed my first order with them this week LOL... for 10" cube boxes 🙂

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 15 of 18
latest reply