cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promoted listing ad rate

I just started a Campaign with the Promoted listing. When I chose what to promote I was NEVER given the option on what rate I wanted. I cannot find what rate I was 'Given'. I cannot found how to change the rate. I cannot find how to delete my campaign. I want to delete my campaign since I have NO IDEA what my rate is. 

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Promoted listing ad rate

I actualy gave you some incorrect info earlier. The campaign set up pages have been changed since the last time that I used them.

I just walked through it myself and set a campaign up.

The button at the bottom of the page where a seller sets their ad rate, now states  "Review"

The "Review" button takes you to the next and last page, where you set your dates and where you do officially launch the campaign.

The "Campaign Dates" (Start & Stop) are now hidden behind a drop down arrow. Once you set your dates the "Launch" button on this page officially launches/starts your campaign.

Sorry for the bad info earlier.Review   launch.png

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

Thanks...that's a bit crazy to hide important options like that.  I wonder what  shows in a campaign for those that don't know to search for dates?  Do the enter something themselves?   That's why I didn't hit launch because I didn't see it, but people that haven't done this before might not even know setting a date range is possible.  I don't get ebay's thinking.  It's like things that are clear must be changed to muddy them up.

Message 17 of 19
latest reply

@fern*wood wrote:

Thanks...that's a bit crazy to hide important options like that.  I wonder what  shows in a campaign for those that don't know to search for dates?  Do the enter something themselves?   That's why I didn't hit launch because I didn't see it, but people that haven't done this before might not even know setting a date range is possible.  I don't get ebay's thinking.  It's like things that are clear must be changed to muddy them up.

Yes a calendar will pop up if you click the almost invisible button to the right inside each date box.

But the "End Date" box starts out showing a default setting with the word "Continuous" inside of it, which I am assuming means that if a seller does not edit this box and does not set an end date like I did for Feb. 05, then the campaign will run indefinetly. But I am not really sure and am just making an assumption here.Review   launch.png

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

Thanks again...that's a bit sneaky, but kind of what I figured.  They want these to not end so that possibly if you actually sell enough your free credit will be used up.

I think I'll pass on this little feature.  I wasn't impressed earlier when I tried it, but now I'm not impressed at all with the new "features".

Message 19 of 19
latest reply