cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help, when in my store, if you click on an item it brings up other items instead.

Please help, when in my store, if you click on an item it brings up other items instead, which I'm sure is limiting my sales. Please fix your site ebay!

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Please help, when in my store, if you click on an item it brings up other items instead.

My guess is someone messed something up with the linking for Quick View.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Quick-View-In-Stores-Allows-Add-To-Cart-Without-Viewing-Listin...

I'm not being directed to different items, but *am* being redirected back to category pages when trying to click the link in the Quick View pop up to go to the actual listing on some items.

When you hover over the link, you can see it is to the store category page, not the item page.

2023-02-26_07-53-43.jpg

But beyond that, the really scary part is the "view all details" button is also non-functioning! I can click it a hundred times and it doesn't go anywhere.

So not only is the title link incorrect, but at least in my initial testing, there is no way from this page for someone to navigate to see the actual full listing info.....add to cart still works though. 🤔

View Best Answer in original post

Message 13 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Yep, me too! But now seems ok. Just another day on eBay.

Message 2 of 30
latest reply

@grasscarp wrote:

Yep, me too! But now seems ok. Just another day on eBay.

Nope; not fixed. If you click 'categories' (not click one of the 4 large icons that you can create, that works ok) and the drop down appears, pick a category. When in that category (yes, all items show correctly UNTIL you click) click an item- another item appears.

Still happening. 

Message 3 of 30
latest reply

@grasscarp 

Just checked yours- it is STILL doing it. Click 'categories' (not one of the 4 'featured'), click 'fishing reels', clicked an item and screws showed. 

@mksports03 

On another thread, I notified 2 of the ebay reps; so hopefully Monday they see it and pass it on to the 'store' team to get fixed. 

Message 4 of 30
latest reply

This is truly hilarious! I laughed so hard that my stomach hurts.
I'm too lazy to even try  because eBay's current IT team is such a joke that it's entirely plausible.

Message 5 of 30
latest reply

@stainlessenginecovers 

@mksports03 

I don’t see what you’re seeing in my store. But I do feel your pain.

What I do see in both my store and seller hub searches, is the inability to bring up audiobooks by certain authors. Example G.A.Henty. I noticed in order to bring up all 41 audiobooks I have listed for that author, I have to put the authors name in quotation marks. “G. A. Henty” for all audiobooks to come up otherwise I get zilch. 

Message 6 of 30
latest reply

@ebooksdiva 

It's in your store too;

click 'categories'

click 'Dramatic Reading Audio CD's'

click the first thing that comes up, top left "The Swan Song etc." 

"This Country of Ours" comes up

Same with 'LAW' Category 

Same with 'Occult Audiobooks'

Message 7 of 30
latest reply

@stainlessenginecovers 

At first the top left for me was The Melting Pot. I clicked on it and got the Melting Pot. 
Then I closed the browser went back in saw Swan Song top left . I Clicked it and got Swan Song. 
Don’t know what the heck is going on here. 

Could be that one of eBays servers has gone loco.

Message 8 of 30
latest reply

The first 2 categories went fine; then I tried a few more and found the same issue. 

Message 9 of 30
latest reply

I am having the same issue within a category inside my store.  Once again we are reminded why Ebay spells it eBay so as to emphasize that they are run by the B-team.

Message 10 of 30
latest reply

Our store is experiencing a problem, when clicking on an item, a different item comes up, sales are down and have been for over a week, fix it please!!!!
2023-02-25 transcript from last night's conversation, STILL NOT FIXED!!!!!
05:24:53UTC MARICRIS
Hello, welcome to eBay - my name is Maricris. Please allow me a few moments to review your details.
05:25:45UTC MARICRIS
May you please provide your first and last name that is registered on your account?
05:26:11UTC mksports03
Michael Bruner
05:26:43UTC MARICRIS
Thank you Michael.
05:26:54UTC MARICRIS
I see you opened this account 24 years ago, thank you for your loyalty.
05:27:05UTC MARICRIS
I can see from your notes that you are having issues with your store, is that correct?
05:27:17UTC mksports03
yes
05:29:19UTC MARICRIS
Thank you for confirming.
05:29:34UTC MARICRIS
I appreciate you taking the time to reach us regarding your concern. Let me check on how we can help you with this.
05:29:36UTC mksports03
Please contact IT and have it fixed for us.
05:29:46UTC MARICRIS
Allow me a couple of minutes to check your account for more details.
05:29:55UTC mksports03
ok
05:30:11UTC MARICRIS
Thank you for staying connected, I appreciate your patience on this.
05:30:25UTC MARICRIS
Upon checking, I can see that this needs the assistance of our specialized team and in order to further assist you, I need to transfer you directly to them. No worries, I already documented the account here so you don't need to repeat yourself over again.
05:30:41UTC mksports03
and i appreciate your help in this matter
05:31:00UTC MARICRIS
You're most welcome.
05:31:02UTC MARICRIS
Kindly stay connected while I transfer you to my colleague. This may take a few moments, thank you for your patience.
05:31:03UTC mksports03
ok
05:31:39UTC MARICAR
Hi Michael, my name is Maricar. Please allow me a few moments to catch up on your conversation so far.
05:32:11UTC MARICAR
I just want to make sure that we are on the same page, you are referring to store issue. Is that correct?
05:32:30UTC mksports03
yes
05:33:00UTC MARICAR
Thank you for confirming that. Let me go ahead and check on it.
05:35:46UTC MARICAR
If I got it correctly  you experiencing that when you click your item in the store you routed to a different listing. Correct?
05:36:01UTC mksports03
yes
05:38:49UTC MARICAR
I've looked into it and actually this is a site issue, and not only you are experiencing this kind of bug, what I can do here is to escalate this to our Technical Team to let them know that you're one of our sellers who has this concern. We apologized for the inconvenience you faced. We will take care of the issue on top priority for you. Please, hold patience for us.
05:40:09UTC mksports03
Thanks and we've already lost over a week in sales, would appreciate help soon.
05:44:01UTC MARICAR
I'm sorry to hear that, I know how important it is, to resolve this issue as soon as possible since sales was affected on this kind of issue. Rest assured our technical team working on it to fix it.
05:45:47UTC MARICAR
I don't mean to rush you. I just want to make sure that we're still connected?
05:46:57UTC MARICAR
Since I am not receiving any valid response, I am now authorized to end this interaction. Feel free to get back to us once you are available. Have a great day!
Message 11 of 30
latest reply

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'm laughing at their audacity not u hun. Second, if everyone with store subs would stop giving ebay free money every month they wouldn't be so willing to ignore actual issues. I will never understand why people continue to line ebay pockets without seeing a profit. 

Message 12 of 30
latest reply

My guess is someone messed something up with the linking for Quick View.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Quick-View-In-Stores-Allows-Add-To-Cart-Without-Viewing-Listin...

I'm not being directed to different items, but *am* being redirected back to category pages when trying to click the link in the Quick View pop up to go to the actual listing on some items.

When you hover over the link, you can see it is to the store category page, not the item page.

2023-02-26_07-53-43.jpg

But beyond that, the really scary part is the "view all details" button is also non-functioning! I can click it a hundred times and it doesn't go anywhere.

So not only is the title link incorrect, but at least in my initial testing, there is no way from this page for someone to navigate to see the actual full listing info.....add to cart still works though. 🤔

Message 13 of 30
latest reply

@valueaddedresource  same here, clicking on 'view details' does nothing and i went into firefox private window to see if it would make a difference, but no

Message 14 of 30
latest reply

@mksports03 wrote:

Please help, when in my store, if you click on an item it brings up other items instead, which I'm sure is limiting my sales. Please fix your site ebay!

@mksports03  i am not seeing a different item, but as @valueaddedresource  the 'view all details' button does not work and if i click on the arrow button for the next set of photos, the small photos just show the spin, but if i click on the spins, the large image shows 🙄

Message 15 of 30
latest reply