cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick View In Stores Allows Add To Cart Without Viewing Listing Page

Has anyone else noticed the Quick View option in Stores?

Not sure if this is new or if it's been around for a bit and I just now noticed, but now when you hover over images in a seller's store it shows a "Quick View" button.

ebaystorequickview4.jpg

Clicking the button opens a pop up where you can scroll through the images and add to cart without ever looking at the full listing page.

ebaystorequickview5.jpg

Note - screenshots taken from desktop view in Chrome incognito browser (not sure if this is a test or if it displays the same on all browsers).

If this is the direction eBay is going, those extra 12 image slots may become even more important. 😮

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Could be one of those pricey features eBay offers. Could be an Anchor store feature maybe? 

Message 2 of 42
latest reply

@ebooksdiva wrote:

Could be one of those pricey features eBay offers. Could be an Anchor store feature maybe? 

@ebooksdiva I checked out a variety of stores from large brand direct shops to smaller sellers with a couple hundred items to thousands - it was showing on all of them and while there's no way to know for sure, I believe it's likely they were not all Anchor stores.

Message 3 of 42
latest reply

Also checked out a variety of categories and am seeing it for every Store I've checked.

Here's what it looks like if there are variations - it provides a drop down so you can select the color (or whatever).

ebaystorequickview7.jpg

Message 4 of 42
latest reply

Things like that make you say hmmm 🤔 

I’m still leaning towards some sort of pricey feature. Although I haven’t come across it while listing. 

Message 5 of 42
latest reply

@valueaddedresource 

Are you on the app? 

I just realized I responded to myself 🙄

Message 6 of 42
latest reply

@ebooksdiva wrote:

@valueaddedresource 

Are you on the app? 

@ebooksdiva those screenshots were from desktop in an incognito Chrome window, not logged in.

Message 7 of 42
latest reply

How many people read this then thought, "I should start creating an image of my description and use it in the photo gallery" - raise your hands.

Yeah, I know the photo policy is no text in images, but that was my first thought.

Now that I've expressed how much I hate this, I will say that eBay already has a similar option for items on your saved feed and it's been that way for many years. Not sure how many people use the feed though. The app provides only snippets without clicking to read more and that's created a lot of problems. Can't tell you how often I'm helping a buyer with app navigation that is disappointed they didn't see full specifics/description before purchase.

It's very common among other retailers to offer a quick view, so it's hardly a new thing. But the difference is those are major retailers that made the decision for their own products and those retailers don't have to deal with preowned, new-other, etc. Hell, even for new products it hides major info like size, material, and so so much more.

Does anybody know if other marketplaces (poshmark, etc) offer this kind of quick view sans description?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 8 of 42
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

@ebooksdiva wrote:

@valueaddedresource 

Are you on the app? 

@ebooksdiva those screenshots were from desktop in an incognito Chrome window, not logged in.

Also just to add to this - not seeing it in FireFox private window, not logged in, so I'm guessing it may be a test.

Message 9 of 42
latest reply

Ok I was wondering. I think it’s ebay tinkering with things again. 

Message 10 of 42
latest reply

I just noticed and posted about it a couple minutes ago.

Glad it's not sellers having to go through more steps.

Have a great day
Message 11 of 42
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

How many people read this then thought, "I should start creating an image of my description and use it in the photo gallery" - raise your hands.

Yeah, I know the photo policy is no text in images, but that was my first thought.

Now that I've expressed how much I hate this, I will say that eBay already has a similar option for items on your saved feed and it's been that way for many years. Not sure how many people use the feed though. The app provides only snippets without clicking to read more and that's created a lot of problems. Can't tell you how often I'm helping a buyer with app navigation that is disappointed they didn't see full specifics/description before purchase.

It's very common among other retailers to offer a quick view, so it's hardly a new thing. But the difference is those are major retailers that made the decision for their own products and those retailers don't have to deal with preowned, new-other, etc. Hell, even for new products it hides major info like size, material, and so so much more.

Does anybody know if other marketplaces (poshmark, etc) offer this kind of quick view sans description?

@wastingtime101 agree with everything you've said here!

I personally don't like it, but like you said it's not an uncommon design choice for other retailers so it's not completely out in left field either.

Definitely agree there's a huge difference between new in box mass produced consumer goods vs used or one of a kind where the description can be so much more important.

Also wonder what's the point of all of those items specifics if like you said, they won't even be shown in this type of view?

I know Etsy is testing a similar option to "add to basket" directly from the search results page without clicking through to the listing and sellers for the most part are not thrilled about it. Not sure what buyers think - Etsy says in their testing it has increased conversions but didn't give a lot of details nor did they say if it also increased returns.

And yeah, I think there will be many people trying to think of ways to get creative with those pictures if this becomes the norm.

Message 12 of 42
latest reply

Etsy says in their testing it has increased conversions but didn't give a lot of details nor did they say if it also increased returns.

There's the rub.

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 13 of 42
latest reply

@ebooksdiva wrote:

Things like that make you say hmmm 🤔 

I’m still leaning towards some sort of pricey feature. Although I haven’t come across it while listing. 

From what I can see, it is available on your listings, so ... apparently not a paid-for add-on feature ...

image.png

It works as you would expect, too:

image.png

image.png

Message 14 of 42
latest reply

@wastingtime101 wrote:

Etsy says in their testing it has increased conversions but didn't give a lot of details nor did they say if it also increased returns.

There's the rub.

@wastingtime101 exactly!

And as with anything that is just a test, my mind immediately went to what happens if/when they expand it?

So far it appears to be limited to viewing items within a Store but eBay could also potentially decide to do like Etsy is doing and make it part of the search and browsing experience for all listings at some point.

Message 15 of 42
latest reply