cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notbeing ableto leavenegative feedback fora noncompliant buyer is noway toprotect sellersfrom crooks

Just had a buyer request special shipping with a promise to remit the extra costs. It did not remit the extra costs. All communication was via Ebay so there is a "paper Trail" but I cannot leave bad feedback for this deadbeat? How am I as a seller supposed to weed out the liars who infest us? How can I warn others so they do not fall for this unfortunate behaviour? I cant! WHY

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Re: Notbeing ableto leavenegative feedback fora noncompliant buyer is noway toprotect sellersfrom cr

@worldsoyster wrote:

Constantly pointing out the obvious while missing the point of the subject is for the ? oblivious?

I get the shipping thing OK..... geeze. I try not to live in a world of fear. So when a "noncompliant" thing comes along I tale umbridge. SOOOO that said.. back to the point.. WHY does Ebay have all of this functionality around being able to leave negative feedback for a buyer WHEN NONE OF IT IS FUNCTIONAL ? Anyone?

I guess I'm dense today but what does that sentence mean?  I don't see any functionality for leaving negative feedback.  There is no negative/neutral option available for sellers to function.

Message 16 of 23
latest reply

Re: Notbeing ableto leavenegative feedback fora noncompliant buyer is noway toprotect sellersfrom cr

No other company allows negative comments for their customers. Especially when many sellers in the old days gave retaliatory negatives to buyers who didn't deserve them.

Message 17 of 23
latest reply

I was able to have it removed! it shows as a positive review with no message now!
Message 18 of 23
latest reply

EBay has given you the tools to for such a transaction; send the buyer an invoice.  You stuck a deal with a buyer off eBay for all intent and purposes. Ebay cannot be blamed for this. Next time send an invoice with the increased shipping costs included. 

Message 19 of 23
latest reply

Not being able to leave negative feedback for a noncompliant buyer is no way to protect sellers

Neither is leaving negative feedback for a noncompliant buyer,. 

Because in 30 seconds he could create a new account and wipe the slate clean. 

Message 20 of 23
latest reply

A negative for a buyer is a waste of time and energy.  It means absolutely nothing.  The buyer can go merrily on his way buying as much as he wants, causing ruckus everywhere he goes, and your negative left isn't going to make any difference - not a whit.  It has been NINE years since eBay changed the rule and prevented sellers from leaving neg feedback for buyers.  Time to get over it. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 21 of 23
latest reply

thread dates from 1/2017

alan@ebay

Message 22 of 23
latest reply

I agree that you should be able to leave this buyer negative feedback in this case. However,  to protect yourself you shouldn't have shipped until you received payment.

Message 23 of 23
latest reply