cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New packing slip design

I went to print a packing slip today only to find the new packing slip layout.  Now it takes an entire page of paper with lots of wasted white space.  They have including the shipping charge and the sales tax collected  where before these were missing.  I do not mind listing those charges, but it takes extra clicks now to print it and consumes more paper.  

They can never leave things alone.  Who designs these things?

Do you all always include a packing slip?  If so, why or why not?

Message 1 of 128
latest reply
127 REPLIES 127

New packing slip design

I used to but stopped. No one cares about it anymore. And I also stopped around the same time ebay glitched out and printed my real name and home address versus the business/account name and work address.

And yes, I also hate it every time ebay redesigns these packing slips and invoices. I have margins and everything set up to maximize visibility for my staff to pick the items off of the shelves. After the item has been picked and verified, packing slip goes into the trash.

Message 2 of 128
latest reply

New packing slip design

Personally, I find even half page package slips are a waste of paper these days. Even Amazon doesn’t use them anymore.

Most online buyers refer to their order confirmation emails to check if their order is complete when received nowadays.

Message 3 of 128
latest reply

New packing slip design

We have introduced a new Packing slip tool with new functionalities. You can print your packing slip after generating the label. - eBay

Thank you? I already had access to a useable eBay packing slip from this section, as the other version of the packing slip on your system did not fit my needs. Now that you have eliminated the packing slip I was using, can I get a $2000 credit so I can develop my own packing slip?  The other option would be to check what sellers want and need rather than eBay deciding what sellers need without any seller input- me and my "crazy" ideas. 🙄

Message 4 of 128
latest reply

New packing slip design

I dont send a packing slip unless the customer requests one.

1 less piece of wasted paper.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 5 of 128
latest reply

New packing slip design

Yes, we include a packing slip unless the buyer requests to not include one.

Message 6 of 128
latest reply

New packing slip design

@patternsaver wrote:

I went to print a packing slip today only to find the new packing slip layout.  Now it takes an entire page of paper with lots of wasted white space.  They have including the shipping charge and the sales tax collected  where before these were missing.  I do not mind listing those charges, but it takes extra clicks now to print it and consumes more paper.  

They can never leave things alone.  Who designs these things?

Do you all always include a packing slip?  If so, why or why not?

you can size the print down on your printer program, so instead of 100% you can scale it down as much as like. 
As for do include or not - answer here is no, why? The buyer has a copy of the order already, if you issue is wasting of paper then don't print invoices when the buyer already has one. 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 7 of 128
latest reply

New packing slip design

I always include the packing slip unless asked not to.

Thought it was better to have my name and address in the package in case the outside of the package got damaged.

Message 8 of 128
latest reply

New packing slip design

I don't include a packing slip but I do print out one for myself to keep as a paper copy for my records.  eBay prints those slips right in the middle of the paper, (yes, very wasteful) so I've started saving blank backsides from mail I receive and reuse those.  

Message 9 of 128
latest reply

New packing slip design

I don't put a packing slip but I put a thank you note with my Ebay name and I often put in the item #. I tape the label securely so there is no  way that it will come off.   IF the buyer buys more than 5 items, I will write an "inventory list" incase they forgot what they bought. This last one is really not necessary since the buyer can see everything that they bought in MY EBAY.  

Message 10 of 128
latest reply

New packing slip design

WHY did Ebay make this change?    Why can't they tell us why they think this way is better? If they want to add more info, fine.....but why do they now require that we print the shipping label before seeing a packing slip?

Message 11 of 128
latest reply

New packing slip design

@samsmagazinesandmore wrote:

WHY did Ebay make this change?    Why can't they tell us why they think this way is better? If they want to add more info, fine.....but why do they now require that we print the shipping label before seeing a packing slip?

WHY? because they have an over abundance of employees that do nothing most of the time and need to do something to make it look like they do something and so changes are made all the time. And no, lol, ebay does not inform before they do, they simply do and don't much care what reaction comes. 

Message 12 of 128
latest reply

New packing slip design

"You can size the print down on your printer program, so instead of 100% you can scale it down as much as like. "

Actually, no, I would have done that.  When I tried to print the packing slip, it only gave me an option to print with their set dimensions.  I could not even tell it to make 2 copies.  (Unless I am missing something here, that is how it works for me.)   I suppose if you download it first you can get your printer to respond with the size you want but that is still an extra step and then you are stuck with another downloaded useless thing.

Message 13 of 128
latest reply

New packing slip design

I'm another saying WHY?????

There was nothing wrong with the old one.

A packing slip is not supposed to have the price & shipping cost.

"If a product doesn't sell, raise the price" - Reese Palley
"If it sold FAST, it was priced too low" - also Reese Palley
Message 14 of 128
latest reply

New packing slip design

@patternsaver wrote:

"You can size the print down on your printer program, so instead of 100% you can scale it down as much as like. "

Actually, no, I would have done that.  When I tried to print the packing slip, it only gave me an option to print with their set dimensions.  I could not even tell it to make 2 copies.  (Unless I am missing something here, that is how it works for me.)   I suppose if you download it first you can get your printer to respond with the size you want but that is still an extra step and then you are stuck with another downloaded useless thing.

@patternsaver wrote:

@patternsaver 

you don't have scaling option on your printer program you mean or mean you tried? be something like this: 
IMG_5452.jpg

Message 15 of 128
latest reply