cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My store flooded with duplicate foreign translated listings

I went to bed last night with 620 listings and woke up this morning to over 3500 listings!!  All the new adds are duplicates of my valid listings but translated to Eropean languages.  Anybody else have this?

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

only see 600 or so, no foreign language......  they are working on changing stores and all kinds of screwy things are happening.  Just going to have to grin and bear it, I guess...........

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

A similar thing is happening to many people. Once a seller clicks, they grab the token and automatically add your listings to other websites with translations. The US site will still only show what you have. 

We were able to request an automated password reset and log in, but there's no way to cancel the "trial" from their dashboard, via their website. It must be done with their customer service who is only available on weekdays.

It seems to be more of a sucker punch than a scam, but it is a mess to clean up. Follow the other user's link to hear other people's frustrations.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

So they are creating listings? What happens if you only have one item and two sell?

The Race is over
The Rats won.
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

@the_fancy_fox wrote:

So they are creating listings? What happens if you only have one item and two sell?

Out of stock defects of course! 

Message 6 of 14
latest reply

I'd be copying/pasting to a desktop folder. One German. One French. Because you just never know.

I have a question related to your post.

Ebay will begin charging for international listings. I saw a glimpse of it before they took it down. Real fast. Fifty cents a listing.

Heres my question: You can have more than one user id with ebay, yes?

What would prevent you from creating a new id on the french site, and upload all those items there, translation courtesy of ebay US?

Would you still have to pay fifty cents an item?

Any rule against it?
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

@annindallas wrote:
I'd be copying/pasting to a desktop folder. One German. One French. Because you just never know.

I have a question related to your post.

Ebay will begin charging for international listings. I saw a glimpse of it before they took it down. Real fast. Fifty cents a listing.

Heres my question: You can have more than one user id with ebay, yes?

What would prevent you from creating a new id on the french site, and upload all those items there, translation courtesy of ebay US?

Would you still have to pay fifty cents an item?

Any rule against it?

Well, NOW we know why they're jamming this "service" down the throats of unsuspecting users...

Chaos is NOT an "industry standard".
Message 8 of 14
latest reply

Anybody else have this?

You must have clicked on the link in the ebay promotion for a couple of thousand free listings internationally.  Apparently, from users here, just clicking signed you up even though you agreed to nothing....You are seeing the result.  

From what we can tell it is free for now, but you hare going to get a hefty bill in the near future if you don't take care of this.  

Someone mentioned that you cannot be enrolled in the GSP and use this lovely slimy promotion.  Check on that, for enrolling in the GSP may put a temporary halt to this.  At least they don't hide the "get rid of the GSP" link anymore.   Be careful, though, it is just a suggestion and may not work. 

Dump the tokens that allow these people access to your ebay account.  You may get a nastygram, but you won't get policy violations for duplicates, which is likely as soon as the bot crawls the site. 

Just as a point of interest....do the "overseas" items still have the same listing number?  

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

According to Webinterpret stock levels are coordinated so that no out of stock sales will occur.

I opted in to see how it works.

I scrolled through one category and found the same item shows up 6 times with different item numbers and with the same quantity showing on each listing.  One item sold to Germany and the stock level on each dropped by one, so it appears no problem there.

This morning I have 6 sales on international sites mostly in Euros, and one in GBP.  The drawback here is that the exchange rate they use + PayPal's fee for foreign transactions is costing me about 5%. 

A set of stamps sold to Germany, as a US transaction in $ would have brought $4.22 but in this case I only got $4.01 (after fees in both cases).   But it may not have sold otherwise.

So far,  I am liking this, but I need to see what the fees are before any commitment beyond the free period.

List more, sell more. Goodwill that other, uh, stuff.

Feeling sleepy? There's an app for that.
Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Ive been trying to stop this for almost a week now. I cancelled tokens called ebay etc. And everyday new foreign listings with FREE shipping....FREE priority mail shipping which costs me 50.00. Dont bother trying to cancel through webinterperts website you will just get a form email back saying how great there nightmare is. Ebat customer service is a joke btw...they said contact them you signed up for it. I told them i didnt sign up for anything. So i said ok whats there number.....silence the ebay rep said there isnt one. I told them the link to cancel is a jike cause ive had 50 added listings since i filled out that.....not sure what else to do. Maybe ebay should pay us for the clean up and all the free foreign shipping i now have.

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

YES!

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

On all my foreign site listings the shipping cost is the same as it is on ebay.com so you must have got hit with some kind of glitch.  I am up to 24 sales on foreign sites so far.  I have checked and all my GTC listings on ebay.com are 30 day listings on the other sites, so those listings will end with the free trial period.  NO FVF on these sales so even with PP's low exchange rate, I still do ok.  So far I have not found any downside to this promotion.  Hopefully some of my foreign site buyers will find my US store later on. 

I do understand that other sellers' results may vary.

List more, sell more. Goodwill that other, uh, stuff.

Feeling sleepy? There's an app for that.
Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Caution

On other  countries Ebay sites- your listings may show with free shipping

Mine all appeared world-wide , and my lisitings all say

"no intenational shipping"

Fast and Free

(this had nothing to do with the Webinterpret disaster)

I don't even go to the Seller hub

Message 14 of 14
latest reply