cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monthly chat - June 8th at 1:00 pm PT - All About Stores

Hi everyone! This month's chat you’ll have an opportunity to talk to Chuck, who’s the Product Operations Manager from the Stores team. Start brainstorming your questions for Chuck before hopping on the Monthly Chat board on June 8th at 1:00 pm PT. 

Can't make it to the chat? Leave your questions here and we'll circle back around after the chat next week.

Remember to keep on topic for Stores. If you have other non-Store related questions please create a new thread. 

-----

Edit: We've closed this post from further replies, but please come to the chat tomorrow here to ask any questions you have for Chuck! 

Jasmen,
Community Team

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Just wanted to say that I am very pleased with the new features that the stores have. I use the top pics and featured items and recently added an “about” video to my store. It really helps all of these new ideas to make the stores  look very professional and well layed out for buyers to find other things in the store, like when they click one of the categories shown. Keep up the good work guys. I am going to try to do some  individual videos in the future as well of the items if I can get some help on how do do it right. 

-----

Edit: A reply to your question can be found here

Message 2 of 36
latest reply

Ebay does not need to spend big money on advertising because they are a household name like amazon. Former CEO Devin Wenig went all out on this with billboards all over the country, train stations,  on the highway, radio and TV commercials. It helped some but not for the amount of cash they must have dished out to do it. Amazon does not do it very much now. They do not need to.

Message 3 of 36
latest reply

@vintagecraze50 

Here's an example of a simple video I made, primarily to show some of the condition issues with this piece. I could have added narration I suppose, but I figured this was sufficient. Do you have specific questions about creating listing videos?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165507650964

Message 4 of 36
latest reply

Very nice presentation to really show all the details of the piece. Good Job.

Message 5 of 36
latest reply

Closing a store:  In the event of death or permanent disability which prevents a seller from continuing to sell on eBay does eBay rescind the section of the store contract which requires a seller to pay the remaining monthly fees through the end of the contracted period?  Is an estate held liable for the remaining months store fees?  

Message 6 of 36
latest reply

A legally licensed Partnership (LLC) operates an eBay store.  The Partnership is legally dissolved.  Can one Partner continue to operate the store in its current state (store name, seller ID, bank account, etc.)?  Must the store and all affiliated aspects (store name, seller ID, etc.) be removed and partners be required to open new stores with different ID's and store names? 

Will the long term selling Partners be treated as new sellers after dissolving the partnership and have to start over with limited selling and listing ability?

Can feedback and seller metrics be transferred?

Please, I know some community members may wish to answer these questions but I would really like to receive answers to legal questions from eBay Store Team.  Thanks for understanding.  

Message 7 of 36
latest reply

eBay store item pages are now missing things that make it much harder for buyers to find additional items in the seller's eBay store.

(Think impulse buying at a brick & mortar cash register.)

For example, until very recently, when I looked at an item (and the seller has an eBay store) there was a blank search box right above the item description that allowed you to search that seller's store. That is now gone.

Also, up until very recently when I looked at an item (and the seller has an eBay store) there was a button to Visit Store and also a store categories list down the left side of the item page. Those have been moved to a place that is difficult to find.

The visit store button and list of store categories have been moved all the way down to the bottom of the page. In some cases, there is a huge white space on the screen between the item description and the visit store/store categories at the bottom of the page.

Both the search box and visit store button and list of store categories should be in a place where the buyer sees them immediately - sort of like how brick & mortar stores put things right next to the cash register - so that the buyer who might have gone into the eBay store for one item might leave with multiple items they didn't even think about before starting to shop.

-----

Edit: A reply to your questions can be found here

Message 8 of 36
latest reply

Did the weekly chat become the monthly chat?

Message 9 of 36
latest reply

@tools yes

Message 10 of 36
latest reply

Chuck........thanks for coming........ 

Relative to categories in stores.....we have a choice of whether to use ebay cats or our own.  I have chosen forever to use ebay cats.  In the recent addition to the store (listing) footer (don't know what else to call it), my cats show.....not the EBAY cats.......as shown below.  I don't want  my  cats to show there and it seems counter intuitive to chose Ebay Cats and then have my store cats show.  Frankly, I don't want to kill the store cats.......at some point I may decide to go back to them.......  Any solution?

Screenshot (267).png

-----

Message 12 of 36
latest reply

Also, relative to how categories are shown on the store landing page......why have a small box, that can easily be overlooked,  that says "show categories" and requires a click...why not just show the categories?    The KiSS principle. 

-----

Message 13 of 36
latest reply

Relative to List versus gallery view.............  When one searches, we are given a chance to choose either list or gallery view and to customize the search with various options, which includes List or Gallery.  One assumes when the customization is done, it should be sticky......the choices should stay.  Unfortunately, it doesn't. I have to customize every 3 or 4 days......and I do alot of searching.  Hopefully, you could pass that along to the right team.........  I want list view because the information is not truncated as it is in Gallery view.

Bringing that to the store level:  List View is not available at all on the store landing page..... On subsequent pages (after See All) it is available.......but I've already chosen it in customization why do I have to chose it again in every store that I go to?  If standardization is going to be offered......it should be standard throughout the site... Humans are creatures of habit.......and it's very irritating to have to repeat actions. 

-----

Edit: A reply to your suggestion can be found here.

Message 14 of 36
latest reply

This may not be your bailiwick, but will mention it.

When Jordan Sweetnam came back and did some talking to people.......One thing most complained about was the same item from other sellers shown on listings.......and he promised to get rid of that happening.....and he did........at least for a while.  Now I notice that they are back as "Sponsored listings" 

Could we get his "take" on this today? 

Screenshot (268).png

Message 15 of 36
latest reply