cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items selling without final value fees? Personalization?

Had a item sell today for about $26 and it was only charged the 30 cents for processing and no final value fees. Says something about personalization? Did a quick google search and found some other sellers on a random forum saying it happened to them too this morning. Anyone know about this? I have messaged ebay for business and am awaiting a response.1104211023.jpg

Message 1 of 56
latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

Re: Items selling without final value fees? Personalization?

Excellent point @valueaddedresource 

Message 31 of 56
latest reply

This happened to me as well! Not quite sure what to do…

Message 32 of 56
latest reply

@valueaddedresource wrote:

velvet@ebay  - I know that eBay typically waits until *after* a situation is resolved before announcing anything, but might I suggest this would be a really good case for proactive sitewide and email communication even if you don't have an answer yet?

Maybe even worthy of noting a disruption somewhere on the system status page under Billing?

https://www.ebay.com/sts

I think they reserve sitewide e-mails and announcements for when a "majority" of sellers are affected- and I get the impression that this is widespread, but not necessarily affecting the majority of sellers.

At the very least eBay should e-mail affected sellers alerting them to the issue before end of day today- then e-mail them again once it's resolved. If they have to use accounting line items separate from the original transactions for billing these fees then that should be communicated through e-mail.

Message 33 of 56
latest reply

@tkbcosmetics wrote:

This happened to me as well! Not quite sure what to do…

@tkbcosmetics- There's not much to do at this point. The fees will be charged eventually so keep an eye on your payment transactions until it's resolved and if your payout comes through before it's resolved- don't spend the money that will cover those fees.

Message 34 of 56
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

@valueaddedresource wrote:

velvet@ebay  - I know that eBay typically waits until *after* a situation is resolved before announcing anything, but might I suggest this would be a really good case for proactive sitewide and email communication even if you don't have an answer yet?

Maybe even worthy of noting a disruption somewhere on the system status page under Billing?

https://www.ebay.com/sts

I think they reserve sitewide e-mails and announcements for when a "majority" of sellers are affected- and I get the impression that this is widespread, but not necessarily affecting the majority of sellers.

At the very least eBay should e-mail affected sellers alerting them to the issue before end of day today- then e-mail them again once it's resolved. If they have to use accounting line items separate from the original transactions for billing these fees then that should be communicated through e-mail.

@coffeebean832 that would definitely work too. 😊

Message 35 of 56
latest reply

Hello all! We've heard back as to what happened and there was a technical issue that resulted in a promotion incorrectly applying to listings that wouldn't normally qualify.

We will be applying the correct fees to the sellers accounts that were not a part of the personalized listing promotion, and automatically crediting any listings that should've qualified for it.

Communication should be forthcoming too, so keep an eye on your inboxes! 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 36 of 56
latest reply

...Oh well...

Makes me happy again to be on that 2 week listing vaca...

Message 37 of 56
latest reply

velvet@ebay wrote:

Hello all! We've heard back as to what happened and there was a technical issue that resulted in a promotion incorrectly applying to listings that wouldn't normally qualify.

We will be applying the correct fees to the sellers accounts that were not a part of the personalized listing promotion, and automatically crediting any listings that should've qualified for it.

Communication should be forthcoming too, so keep an eye on your inboxes! 

Thanks for the update velvet@ebay .  Hopefully that all gets sorted out before payouts are processed tomorrow. 🤞

Message 38 of 56
latest reply

Did anybody affected by this get any kind of email communication from eBay yet? For those on daily payout schedule, did the correct fees get applied before today's payout was processed?

Message 39 of 56
latest reply

no email but they did take the final value fees that I owed.

Message 40 of 56
latest reply

It has been business as usual 😁

Message 41 of 56
latest reply

@coastaltechsolution wrote:

It has been business as usual 😁

@coastaltechsolution  I'm assuming that means quick to take the fees back but not quick to communicate? 🤣

Message 42 of 56
latest reply

@valueaddedresource 

That's a big 10-4 😁

Message 43 of 56
latest reply

@coastaltechsolution wrote:

I have not seen any announcement about this.

Heck I will personally sign any item sold for the buyer if that meets the criteria 😂😁 

I'm onboard, where do I sign?

Message 44 of 56
latest reply

X____________________________     <---- Right here 😁

Message 45 of 56
latest reply