cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Items selling without final value fees? Personalization?

Had a item sell today for about $26 and it was only charged the 30 cents for processing and no final value fees. Says something about personalization? Did a quick google search and found some other sellers on a random forum saying it happened to them too this morning. Anyone know about this? I have messaged ebay for business and am awaiting a response.1104211023.jpg

Message 1 of 56
latest reply
55 REPLIES 55

Re: Items selling without final value fees? Personalization?

LOL! I had a sale this morning, just went and looked, sure enough I got the free FVF...and , even if there IS a free FVF personalization promotion going on, my item doesn't qualify. So, HUGE billing screw up here. 

Just another day in ebay Paradise....

Message 16 of 56
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

LOL! I had a sale this morning, just went and looked, sure enough I got the free FVF...and , even if there IS a free FVF personalization promotion going on, my item doesn't qualify. So, HUGE billing screw up here. 

Just another day in ebay Paradise....

Makes me wanna start listing again LOL!!!

Nah...too lazy...

Message 17 of 56
latest reply

eBay expanded categories eligible for Personalisation in the UK in September, though as far as I know it has not expanded to those same categories for US yet.

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Announcements/General-updates-to-Personalisation-on-eBay-co-uk/ba-p/...

Maybe someone really goofed and used the UK category list for this promo?

Message 18 of 56
latest reply

Maybe eBay has been hacked lol.

Message 19 of 56
latest reply

All of the orders I have coming through today are all only being charged $0.30. 

I'm sure this is something Ebay will correct and we'll all get hit with the actual charges. 

Message 20 of 56
latest reply

I feel slighted.

I had a sale today, and was charged the full FVF.

Message 21 of 56
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

velvet@ebay- Can you please review the posts in this discussion? Three different sellers in three different categories- none offered personalization- are seeing this odd display on their payment transaction details.

Thanks for tagging me @coffeebean832! There is definitely something going on. I tried to grab a few examples from this thread and I've filed a ticket with our tech team. My guess is the fees will be recouped once they figure out what's going on and get it corrected, but I'll let you know whatever I find out. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 22 of 56
latest reply

velvet@ebay wrote:

@coffeebean832 wrote:

velvet@ebay- Can you please review the posts in this discussion? Three different sellers in three different categories- none offered personalization- are seeing this odd display on their payment transaction details.

Thanks for tagging me @coffeebean832! There is definitely something going on. I tried to grab a few examples from this thread and I've filed a ticket with our tech team. My guess is the fees will be recouped once they figure out what's going on and get it corrected, but I'll let you know whatever I find out. 

Who tagged Velvet?

BOOOOO!!!!

I'm KIDDING!!! 

LMAO!!!  hurryagain_0-1636039539348.gif

@coffeebean832 

velvet@ebay 

Message 23 of 56
latest reply

lol.........there are times when we should keep our mouths SHUT............

Message 24 of 56
latest reply

I know you're joking- and it's funny- but in all seriousness I was trying to help out sellers that rely on eBay payouts as soon as they come through- especially those that may not have noticed the error.

There's no way eBay would have stayed blind to this. There were many posts across the internet and a bunch of sellers called CS. Tagging Velvet was meant to get the ball rolling on a fix sooner rather than later. All affected sellers will ultimately be charged- we all knew that from the start.

It's Thursday and I'd like to see eBay fix this before Monday when today's sales get translated into daily payouts- or Tuesday for weekly payouts. I'd hate to see hobby sellers get their payouts then have their bank account charged after the fact for erroneously paid out fees.

Message 25 of 56
latest reply

@coffeebean832 

Oh yes - by all means.  I would totally expect eBay to "back bill" everyone who did not pay their sellers fees for the items that they sold even if it's an eBay glitch because we all know that whether the glitch works for or against us - eBay is always going to side on their side of the matter.

Does not matter who wins or loses here...eBay ALWAYS wins (always gets their fees). 

They should open a law firm...

1f644.png

Message 26 of 56
latest reply

I'd like to hear from sellers once these fees are billed- will they appear on the original transaction or will they be added as a separate line item making accounting more difficult for the seller?

Message 27 of 56
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

I'd like to hear from sellers once these fees are billed- will they appear on the original transaction or will they be added as a separate line item making accounting more difficult for the seller?

Oh now THAT will be interesting...

Does the billing appear as FVF - eBay "personalized" glitch?

hurryagain_0-1636039539348.gif

This is getting better all the time!

@coffeebean832 

Message 28 of 56
latest reply

just happened to me! 

never add the specific for "personalization" , i am not sure if it was selected by mistake.

but so happy! yayyy! 😄 

Message 29 of 56
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

@coffeebean832 that's a good question and goes along with your point about what happens if the payout goes out and then the fees end up being deducted back out of sellers' bank accounts.

Either way, what a bookkeeping mess and major headache. 😮

I'm also guessing many sellers may not have caught it (especially high volume sellers that don't necessarily look at the fees on each transaction as it comes in).  It won't surprise me if in a few days we see threads from people thinking eBay double charged them fees because of this.

velvet@ebay  - I know that eBay typically waits until *after* a situation is resolved before announcing anything, but might I suggest this would be a really good case for proactive sitewide and email communication even if you don't have an answer yet?

Maybe even worthy of noting a disruption somewhere on the system status page under Billing?

https://www.ebay.com/sts

Message 30 of 56
latest reply