cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INR case, tracking shows delivered - Money on hold for 4-5 Business Days??

I had a buyer open a INR case yesterday. This buyer purchased the same item twice, one one day another the following day. Both items were sent via USPS Priority Mail and shows as delivered (first package on 12th, 2nd package on the 14th). Buyer also left feedback for the item opened INR case on as "A+ Seller".... 

On the case, buyer says they received one but not the other, they were away, further, say they "don't think they got the other" - again, tracking shows as delivered. I enter the tracking into the case, and explain tracking shows delivered for the item case opened + the 2nd item with tracking # in the comments. These kind of claims were always an open and shut case, tracking shows delivered, case closed in seller favor.  

I call ebay and they tell me case can't close, even though they agree ebay will hold my money for 4-5 biz days for the case to close. Kinda absurd for INR case where the tracking is proof buyer received the item(s). 

tyler@ebay  velvet@ebay  why exactly can ebay not close this case and they hold my money for 4-5 days + another day to re-process those funds + another day to be paid out = A week - for a INR case where the tracking clearly shows as delivered + buyer feedback. 

I wrote in the case to buyer that tracking shows and they acknowledged tracking shows delivered and that my obligation was completed. Their issue is with USPS and possible mail theft in which they need to file a report with USPS and their local police dept  if in fact they didn't get packages/mail that was delivered while they were away. 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 1 of 148
latest reply
147 REPLIES 147

velvet@ebay I accepted solution - not because it's any means of a solution to this kind of INR case that should be closed pretty much immediately...but because after pages of discussion, it makes it easier for those viewing to find what the policy currently is. 

Message 91 of 148
latest reply

@nuclearomen wrote:

@coffeebean832 wrote:

OK- so it is 4 business days after all which means- unless a request is opened on a Sunday or Monday- anything opened Tues-Sat is going to mean a hold of 5-7 calendar days. 🙁

We have a winner! ...unfortunately your prize is only getting more clear sense of disgust for ebay policies...but oh, the wisdom you can spread 😆

And as I spread this wisdom- cursing under my breath at how ridiculous the timeline is- people will call me an eBay cheerleader, saying that the act of explaining the policy means I'm supporting the policy. Wa ho, what fun. 🎉

Message 92 of 148
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

@nuclearomen wrote:

@coffeebean832 wrote:

OK- so it is 4 business days after all which means- unless a request is opened on a Sunday or Monday- anything opened Tues-Sat is going to mean a hold of 5-7 calendar days. 🙁

We have a winner! ...unfortunately your prize is only getting more clear sense of disgust for ebay policies...but oh, the wisdom you can spread 😆

And as I spread this wisdom- cursing under my breath at how ridiculous the timeline is- people will call me an eBay cheerleader, saying that the act of explaining the policy means I'm supporting the policy. Wa ho, what fun. 🎉

i know this, all too often happens to those who post regularly... and are accused of being paid by ebay for reciting what policy is... guess that will never change... somethings never do, somethings never will. 

Message 93 of 148
latest reply

@coffeebean832 

But you look good in the uni-form, so wave those Poms!  

This isn't a surprising revelation - we have the same issue with Buyer returns that starts with a window time frame to return and then some how, widens to a "door" time frame instead and on and on.  

Gimme an "E", Gimme a "B", Gimme an "A", Gimme a "Y"

E is for "Each" day is an Adventure!

B is for remember to "Bring Galoshes", as the wading sometimes get deep

A is for who needs "Announcements"?  You'll Figure this out eventually

Y is for "Ymmv" and that Mileage will be while wearing Galoshes, so plan accordingly

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 94 of 148
latest reply

@katzrul15- Did I miss anything?

uniform.png

Message 95 of 148
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

@katzrul15- Did I miss anything?

uniform.png

is that a Hersey kiss or a helmet? Just for clarification purposes... feel free to explain that in ebay seller update terms and style...we love confusion 👀

Message 96 of 148
latest reply

It's a tin foil hat. eBay requires that you wear it on days ending in Y, but not on days ending in Y. You can use the authentication guarantee service when selling the hat, but eBay doesn't guarantee to authenticate it or to ship the correct item back to you when they reject it. You are subject to a fee increase if you don't ship it within 3 days, which is really 6 calendar days, but buyers can file after 3 minutes. I hope that clears things up.

Message 97 of 148
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

It's a tin foil hat. eBay requires that you wear it on days ending in Y, but not on days ending in Y. You can use the authentication guarantee service when selling the hat, but eBay doesn't guarantee to authenticate it or to ship the correct item back to you when they reject it. You are subject to a fee increase if you don't ship it within 3 days, which is really 6 calendar days, but buyers can file after 3 minutes. I hope that clears things up.

perfect, I'm confused as ever, thanks bunches 😆

Message 98 of 148
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

Beauti-mous!  😂

(I too thought it was a Hersheys kiss and wondered how you got past the Vero on that?  lol)

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 99 of 148
latest reply

In confusion, there is profit.

Message 100 of 148
latest reply

@tev4all wrote:

not if that confusion drives sellers away... which has done more and more every quarter. 

Message 101 of 148
latest reply

Wow. Seven pages of replies. Sorry I’m too lazy, I just read the OP and coffees reply with my tag. 

Yea this happens to me sometime that honestly I don’t even track my INRs anymore. Not sure if this is ebays intention but since they removed the link from seller hub, I’ve been checking on it less. I hardly ask ebay to step in anymore and usually cases close because the ignorant buyer shoots themselves in the foot by escalating, or I click into the page and find out I have a few 3+ week old INRs that I can finally escalate and close out.

ideally I would like these cases to close out automatically when tracking shows delivered. I don’t care if the buyer says possibly stolen or misdeliver. I always take care of my buyers after these cases close in my favor.

Message 102 of 148
latest reply

@nuclearomen wrote:

@tev4all wrote:

not if that confusion drives sellers away... which has done more and more every quarter. 

Driving sellers away? I don't think that was the intention of the confusion, an unintended consequence maybe.

According to 3rd Q reporting, there was an uptick in the number of sellers with a downward move in buyers. 

Poor vetting on eBav's part into the possible  consequences of an algorithm possibly designed to do something entirely different. 

GI-GO, beta releases, eBay SOP  for the past 20+ years.   

Message 103 of 148
latest reply

@bigdeals.etc wrote:

Yea this happens to me sometime that honestly I don’t even track my INRs anymore. Not sure if this is ebays intention but since they removed the link from seller hub, I’ve been checking on it less.

Yes, the link to even see the cases(s) are only found (that I know of) through Managed Payments there is link left side of processing funds that state how much money is on hold with a link which brings you to another page with the link to see details. 

ideally I would like these cases to close out automatically when tracking shows delivered. I don’t care if the buyer says possibly stolen or misdeliver. I always take care of my buyers after these cases close in my favor.

Yep, that is exactly the point, they should be closing out if tracking shows delivered but instead they have made this process same as INR case where package never arrived... allowing time for communication between seller / buyer to work resolve. Two very different things that should have two different ways of policy. 

Message 104 of 148
latest reply

@tev4all wrote:

@nuclearomen wrote:

@tev4all wrote:

Driving sellers away? I don't think that was the intention of the confusion, an unintended consequence maybe.

According to 3rd Q reporting, there was an uptick in the number of sellers with a downward move in buyers. 

Poor vetting on eBav's part into the possible  consequences of an algorithm possibly designed to do something entirely different. 

GI-GO, beta releases, eBay SOP  for the past 20+ years.   

You realize that every quarter reporting ebay reports an uptick in the number of sellers? But is it the amount ebay reports of "new sellers" accurate? Is that number reflecting sales of new sellers, or is reflecting the amount of new seller accounts registered on the site? Big difference! It's not the number of sellers that matter, it's the number of good, longtime sellers that have left. Many new sellers come yes that is true, but many don't sell anything, many try to sell prohibited items and get banned, many do sell but don't offer good product/service... there is always with a new sellers a good percentage that don't "cut it" and then there is the percentage that are able to sell, offer good product/service and make some kind of presence / start for themselves on the platform. Generally new sellers are average people, and small business, very small percentage of new sellers per quarter are actually large corp sellers... who of course don't even need ebay usually. Just because a quarterly report says "uptick" in new sellers doesn't really mean anything. 

Message 105 of 148
latest reply