cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INR case, tracking shows delivered - Money on hold for 4-5 Business Days??

I had a buyer open a INR case yesterday. This buyer purchased the same item twice, one one day another the following day. Both items were sent via USPS Priority Mail and shows as delivered (first package on 12th, 2nd package on the 14th). Buyer also left feedback for the item opened INR case on as "A+ Seller".... 

On the case, buyer says they received one but not the other, they were away, further, say they "don't think they got the other" - again, tracking shows as delivered. I enter the tracking into the case, and explain tracking shows delivered for the item case opened + the 2nd item with tracking # in the comments. These kind of claims were always an open and shut case, tracking shows delivered, case closed in seller favor.  

I call ebay and they tell me case can't close, even though they agree ebay will hold my money for 4-5 biz days for the case to close. Kinda absurd for INR case where the tracking is proof buyer received the item(s). 

tyler@ebay  velvet@ebay  why exactly can ebay not close this case and they hold my money for 4-5 days + another day to re-process those funds + another day to be paid out = A week - for a INR case where the tracking clearly shows as delivered + buyer feedback. 

I wrote in the case to buyer that tracking shows and they acknowledged tracking shows delivered and that my obligation was completed. Their issue is with USPS and possible mail theft in which they need to file a report with USPS and their local police dept  if in fact they didn't get packages/mail that was delivered while they were away. 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 1 of 148
latest reply
147 REPLIES 147

Yay for the additional protections!!!!!!!

Message 121 of 148
latest reply

I agree and if they still decide to hold the funds, they should give the seller interest for all of the days that ebay has kept this money....  

Message 122 of 148
latest reply

@vintagecraze50 wrote:

Yay for the additional protections!!!!!!!

still not certain of what these "additional" protections are, seeing that most every seller that has gotten CCC charge back, ebay has done nothing for them and money taken from this MP + charged another $20 fee on top of it. Merchants can argue a charge back with CCC and win, it happens every single day with B&M's - the fact that ebay just goes with what ever a CCC "decided" is absurd and shows the people they employ to handle these things have zero experience. It's never "what the CCC decides" only on ebay. 

Message 123 of 148
latest reply

..missed community chat today (not on purpose this time, was actually busy), was going to visit and bring this issue up again (to be "official" suggestion to ebay) for change. Case is still open, ebay is still holding my money, opened on the 27th, today is the 1st = 3 Business Days + Weekend = 5 days, Tomorrow they keep saying it should close out - so 3 Business Days as described by Velvet is still inaccurate. Guess we'll see what happens tomorrow - and likely another phone call to CS.  

Message 124 of 148
latest reply

Update #125 (lol): Case was closed, in my favor, because tracking shows delivered to buyers address, like it should have done right away. 6 day total for this absurdity. Funds are still on hold but should release back into processing soon. 

Message 125 of 148
latest reply

Yay!!

I'll move the bead over on the abacus.  Lol

Seriously, glad this saga for you is coming to an end. 

Thank you for the illuminations of this thread.  Learned a lot from this one. 

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 126 of 148
latest reply

Update # 127: Funds released. But I wanted to mention a change that seems to be now. Prior when money was taken from MP and placed on hold, when those funds were released back to you that money would go back into Processing Funds. Well seems they made one good change now, that money is now directly put into Pending Funds for payout next day (or next payout). Nice to see they made that change, but this processes is still absurd...my mind won't change on that. 

Message 127 of 148
latest reply

@katzrul15 
Still not buying a abacus... sales are too slow lately to spending on things don't really need. 

I learned a lot too... that ebay policy changes keep getting worse and worse and seller update to come will be weeks worth anger posting. 

Message 128 of 148
latest reply

@nuclearomen wrote:

Case was closed, in my favor, because tracking shows delivered to buyers address, like it should have done right away.

Did you have to manually escalate the INR- or did it automatically close out?

Message 129 of 148
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

@nuclearomen wrote:

Case was closed, in my favor, because tracking shows delivered to buyers address, like it should have done right away.

good question... guess should have told that part also. 
So last night around 1am checked the case through hold "see details" link in MP. The link to "Ask Ebay to Step In" was there. I selected that, then gives you area to include comment, i did that, summited, turns out that comment goes to the case, so guess buyer can see that too...idk...in any case...morning came, nothing, case still open, payment still held...so I said F this and called again...got an agent, they closed the case manually, about 10 min later got email that case closed in my favor...about 10 min after that made first post...then approx 10 more money was returned to MP Pending funds. 

Message 130 of 148
latest reply

It’s unclear on what happens when a customer files a Not as Described. Generally, not as described/defective merch chargeback codes are extremely difficult to win. Generally, unrecognized transaction easy to win and most likely covered. Not as described claims and defective claims require quite a bit of leg work as far as the dispute process with a chargeback. Some sites, (not mentioning name of site) seems to handle these with their buyer accepted the transaction and then supposedly will not refund customer  once they approve of the purchase. Apparently, from what I read, they may kick people off their site if they do chargebacks, not sure, and then cover the seller for these. Again, not completely sure becuase I will not sell on any other site.

Message 131 of 148
latest reply

@nuclearomen wrote:

@coffeebean832 wrote:

@nuclearomen wrote:

good question... guess should have told that part also. 
So last night around 1am checked the case through hold "see details" link in MP. The link to "Ask Ebay to Step In" was there. I selected that, then gives you area to include comment, i did that, summited, turns out that comment goes to the case, so guess buyer can see that too...idk...in any case...morning came, nothing, case still open, payment still held...so I said F this and called again...got an agent, they closed the case manually, about 10 min later got email that case closed in my favor...about 10 min after that made first post...then approx 10 more money was returned to MP Pending funds. 

You already know this as you lived it, but that is pathetic that you still had to bird-dog this 2 more times to get this resolved.  Seriously?  E-Bay really needs to look at the levels of frustration for a Seller.  They say that their long-term Sellers are a Priority to them.  We really could use more than just words.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 132 of 148
latest reply

@vintagecraze50 well velvet did mention in this thread the process ebay follows for charge back...basically like I have told everyone hundreds of time, ebay does nothing, they allow the financial institution to make a decision and honor whatever that decision is. They don't fight for seller at all. And because of this 100% of the time the decision will be that the financial institution will decide to favor of their customer (the buyer) - only on ebay this happens, the act of not challenging FI decision when they can easily do that and win in the sellers favor. 

As for INAD it depends on the case, what the buyer says etc... it will be a waiting process for the case to have a settlement but you can win INAD, it's a 50/50 scenario. I had one INAD filed on me, by a buyer who opened it on me by mistake, was intended for another seller but they were in rush and opened it on me instead. They apologized and told ebay this, I argued with ebay many times about it, finally they did remove it from my Performance, but they refused to remove it from my Service Metrics...and it remains there still now... even though it was filed by mistake for an item i didn't even sell.  

Message 133 of 148
latest reply

@katzrul15 yeah...but I know I am by this point last night (lol) quite sparked on this matter and impatient... figure ebay would had likely closed it on their own some point using the "ask ebay to step in" link...I just by this morn had enough, sick of waiting in this very long drawn out process where case should had closed the day it was opened... and so called to have it closed.  I don't know if I'm considered a "longtime seller", 3 years been awhile but no where nears the length of time so many others. 

Message 134 of 148
latest reply

Ebay is the most criminal trading platform in the world! When I realized this, I stopped selling here, while all my friends did the same. Probably now we will stop buying anything here in order to somehow reduce the flow of money into the criminal environment. All these politicians, INR ,etc., were invented only to distract our attention in order to get deeper into our pockets. Sorry for the mistakes, I'm old and illiterate.

Message 135 of 148
latest reply