cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INR case, tracking shows delivered - Money on hold for 4-5 Business Days??

I had a buyer open a INR case yesterday. This buyer purchased the same item twice, one one day another the following day. Both items were sent via USPS Priority Mail and shows as delivered (first package on 12th, 2nd package on the 14th). Buyer also left feedback for the item opened INR case on as "A+ Seller".... 

On the case, buyer says they received one but not the other, they were away, further, say they "don't think they got the other" - again, tracking shows as delivered. I enter the tracking into the case, and explain tracking shows delivered for the item case opened + the 2nd item with tracking # in the comments. These kind of claims were always an open and shut case, tracking shows delivered, case closed in seller favor.  

I call ebay and they tell me case can't close, even though they agree ebay will hold my money for 4-5 biz days for the case to close. Kinda absurd for INR case where the tracking is proof buyer received the item(s). 

tyler@ebay  velvet@ebay  why exactly can ebay not close this case and they hold my money for 4-5 days + another day to re-process those funds + another day to be paid out = A week - for a INR case where the tracking clearly shows as delivered + buyer feedback. 

I wrote in the case to buyer that tracking shows and they acknowledged tracking shows delivered and that my obligation was completed. Their issue is with USPS and possible mail theft in which they need to file a report with USPS and their local police dept  if in fact they didn't get packages/mail that was delivered while they were away. 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 1 of 148
latest reply
147 REPLIES 147

Re: INR case, tracking shows delivered - Money on hold for 4-5 Business Days??

@katzrul15 
buyer opened case on Friday afternoon, apparently ebay also decided to have things run in Business Days, so weekends apparently do not count. It's now within next few hours approaching 96 hrs...rep said I could ask ebay to step in on Sep 2nd... Sep 2nd is 6 days (4 Business Days) + as others mentioned I do not have an option on the case to have ebay "step in" that option is conveniently missing from the case details. I would have to call ebay again for it.  

Message 76 of 148
latest reply

Off to order an abacus so I can count the days....

Easier to visualize and move the beads back when needed to.  lol

(The facebook pm Poplox recd said 3 days, velvet's post says 3 business days) 

They should say bigger than a breadbox, smaller than a boulder.   

One day soon, it will resolve.  50/50 on if you will need to engage again.  Hopefully, no more in your immediate future unlike Popblox.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 77 of 148
latest reply

@katzrul15 
I don't need abacus and ebay holding the money it would cost me for one for no reason. In the meantime, buyer is laughing cause they are at least holding up sellers money. Making these timeframes in business days only is also absurd, as if ebay employees do anything with a case, the "system" is in control, employee won't even look into cases until ebay is asked to step in after the timeframe. Buyers just have to open claim on Friday to screw seller more. 

As @popblox mentioned all this change is likely what will see in the last quarter seller update...where this discussion will then repeat for several weeks with angry sellers about horrid policy changes made. 

Message 78 of 148
latest reply

Yes Yes Yes.

Message 79 of 148
latest reply

Again. Yes Yes and Yes!!

Message 80 of 148
latest reply

velvet@ebay just to show, ebay DOES NOT include a link for Ebay to "Step In" on a case, screenshot: 

IMG_2127_INR.jpg

Message 81 of 148
latest reply

@nuclearomen wrote:

velvet@ebay just to show, ebay DOES NOT include a link for Ebay to "Step In" on a case, screenshot: 

IMG_2127_INR.jpg

Thanks @nuclearomen! Did the claim just open on August 27th? If so, then you will need to wait the three business days before you see an option to escalate appear. If it was opened more than three business days ago though, I'd encourage you to contact Customer Support so you can get this closed out if the item has been delivered. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 82 of 148
latest reply

velvet@ebay wrote:

@nuclearomen wrote:

IMG_2127_INR.jpg

Thanks @nuclearomen! Did the claim just open on August 27th? If so, then you will need to wait the three business days before you see an option to escalate appear. If it was opened more than three business days ago though, I'd encourage you to contact Customer Support so you can get this closed out if the item has been delivered. 

velvet@ebay opened on the 27th, rep said Sep 2nd... but that is more then 3 biz days, today would be 3 biz days at approx 3pm (when the case opened on the 27th) 

Message 83 of 148
latest reply

Maybe it's like unpaid items where they say 4 days- but what they really mean is until midnight PT on the 4th day, not 96 hours, so in many cases it's more like 5 days.

With INRs maybe it's not really 3 business days- maybe it's after midnight on the 3rd business day...

Edit- Oh, wait. The 27th? That was only Friday. Three business days is tomorrow. Monday = 1 day, Tuesday = 2 days, Wednesday = 3 days. Let us know this time tomorrow if you can escalate. If you can't, then the rep that said Sept 2nd, the 4th business day, is probably right based on what I wrote above.

Message 84 of 148
latest reply

@katzrul15 wrote:

How many days is yours now?  Aren't you past 3 days?  Or is someone going to say 3 business days?  (3 full moon days, 3 chipmunk days, 3 sunny days....)

Say it again with bells, whistles and fireworks. I'm so sick of 3 days really meaning 4. eBay should just say 4 if that's what they mean.

Message 85 of 148
latest reply

@nuclearomen wrote:

velvet@ebay wrote:

@nuclearomen wrote:

IMG_2127_INR.jpg

velvet@ebay opened on the 27th, rep said Sep 2nd... but that is more then 3 biz days, today would be 3 biz days at approx 3pm (when the case opened on the 27th) 

Hey @nuclearomen! It looks like the 27th was Friday, so we wouldn't count the weekend given it goes off business days, not calendar days. That means three full business days from August 27th (August 30th, 31st, and September 1st) is September 2nd. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 86 of 148
latest reply

OK- so it is 4 business days after all which means- unless a request is opened on a Sunday or Monday- anything opened Tues-Sat is going to mean a hold of 5-7 calendar days. 🙁

Message 87 of 148
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

OK- so it is 4 business days after all which means- unless a request is opened on a Sunday or Monday- anything opened Tues-Sat is going to mean a hold of 5-7 calendar days. 🙁

Yep.  That is what @nuclearomen has been trying to say for over 87 posts.  LOL

It is sad, this communication mis-fire called e-Bay.  

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 88 of 148
latest reply

@katzrul15 wrote:

@coffeebean832 wrote:

Yep.  That is what @nuclearomen has been trying to say for over 87 posts.  LOL

It is sad, this communication mis-fire called e-Bay.  

Oh, I got it from the beginning, katz. I even threw in a screenshot of my 21 business day (more than a full calendar month) example.

I was spelling it out so Velvet would hopefully understand where we're coming from. eBay can say 3 business days until the cows come home- but we all know that when all is said and done it means our funds will be held for nearly a week despite the delivery confirmation.

Message 89 of 148
latest reply

@coffeebean832 wrote:

We have a winner! ...unfortunately your prize is only getting more clear sense of disgust for ebay policies...but oh, the wisdom you can spread 😆

Message 90 of 148
latest reply