cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INR case, tracking shows delivered - Money on hold for 4-5 Business Days??

I had a buyer open a INR case yesterday. This buyer purchased the same item twice, one one day another the following day. Both items were sent via USPS Priority Mail and shows as delivered (first package on 12th, 2nd package on the 14th). Buyer also left feedback for the item opened INR case on as "A+ Seller".... 

On the case, buyer says they received one but not the other, they were away, further, say they "don't think they got the other" - again, tracking shows as delivered. I enter the tracking into the case, and explain tracking shows delivered for the item case opened + the 2nd item with tracking # in the comments. These kind of claims were always an open and shut case, tracking shows delivered, case closed in seller favor.  

I call ebay and they tell me case can't close, even though they agree ebay will hold my money for 4-5 biz days for the case to close. Kinda absurd for INR case where the tracking is proof buyer received the item(s). 

tyler@ebay  velvet@ebay  why exactly can ebay not close this case and they hold my money for 4-5 days + another day to re-process those funds + another day to be paid out = A week - for a INR case where the tracking clearly shows as delivered + buyer feedback. 

I wrote in the case to buyer that tracking shows and they acknowledged tracking shows delivered and that my obligation was completed. Their issue is with USPS and possible mail theft in which they need to file a report with USPS and their local police dept  if in fact they didn't get packages/mail that was delivered while they were away. 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 1 of 148
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@nuclearomen wrote:

velvet@ebay wrote:

@nuclearomen wrote:

velvet@ebay just to show, ebay DOES NOT include a link for Ebay to "Step In" on a case, screenshot: 

IMG_2127_INR.jpg

Thanks @nuclearomen! Did the claim just open on August 27th? If so, then you will need to wait the three business days before you see an option to escalate appear. If it was opened more than three business days ago though, I'd encourage you to contact Customer Support so you can get this closed out if the item has been delivered. 

velvet@ebay opened on the 27th, rep said Sep 2nd... but that is more then 3 biz days, today would be 3 biz days at approx 3pm (when the case opened on the 27th) 

Hey @nuclearomen! It looks like the 27th was Friday, so we wouldn't count the weekend given it goes off business days, not calendar days. That means three full business days from August 27th (August 30th, 31st, and September 1st) is September 2nd. 

Velvet,
eBay

View Best Answer in original post

Message 86 of 148
latest reply
147 REPLIES 147

These kind of claims were always an open and shut case, tracking shows delivered, case closed in seller favor.  

@nuclearomen  

Of course I don't have an explanation.  eBay is "managing" your money now.  They make sellers wait for PAYMENT DISPUTES  results from the credit card company as well, even though seller protection requirements are met.  Even it eBay claims they are NOT making money on the float, perhaps Adyen is and would explain why this whole process is so slow.  Don't feel bad,  buyers getting refunds apparently don't move any faster. 

Though some will claim differently,  when I had a B&M physical business, I would "batch out" at night, and would have the available funds in my bank the next morning.  

Do let us know what you find out. 

Message 2 of 148
latest reply

@ittybitnot wrote:

These kind of claims were always an open and shut case, tracking shows delivered, case closed in seller favor.  

@nuclearomen  

Of course I don't have an explanation.  eBay is "managing" your money now.  They make sellers wait for PAYMENT DISPUTES  results from the credit card company as well, even though seller protection requirements are met.  Even it eBay claims they are NOT making money on the float, perhaps Adyen is and would explain why this whole process is so slow.  Don't feel bad,  buyers getting refunds apparently don't move any faster. 

Though some will claim differently,  when I had a B&M physical business, I would "batch out" at night, and would have the available funds in my bank the next morning.  

Do let us know what you find out. 

It's the point that INR cases where tracking shows delivered ebay would close the case immediately in sellers favor and in MP, have the money off of hold and back into processing within 24 hrs. This is the first I have in 3 years heard of them keeping case like this open for 4-5 biz days just to wait for the "system" to close it. Apparently that is what rep told me, they can't close it as the "system" won't let them.

Further rep I talked to today (different one) tries telling me that even though tracking says delivered that they need confirmation from carrier - BFS - tracking says delivered that is the confirmation!, that means USPS (or any carrier) will say exactly that and hang up on you...unless you have filed a mail theft claim with them. Sad when reps don't even know the policy and then tell you nothing they can do have to wait for the "system" - makes their job well completely worth eliminating - not to mention the rep you get isn't even in US and hardly talks English. Aside the point i know...

I have no doubt Ayden/Ebay are making profit off holds blah blah - i know for fact 3 other platforms that use Ayden and they pay out everything in 24hrs. But really i don't give a flying fignut what they do, just that they release my money and pay me in a reasonable, professional, timely manner - something they have continuously failed with with seller protections and claims. And again, they wonder why they have lost so many sellers the past year/2 - i mean longtime good honest sellers. 

Message 3 of 148
latest reply

It is absurd that they hold the monies.  Because you are correct, as soon as you confirmed tracking for both of those INRs, there should be a mechanism to release your funds.

It is just as absurd - Buyer purchases a $290 item.  3 hours later interacts with e-Bay (phone, chat, who knows) and e-Bay sends me an email to cancel this order.  Groovy.  I have printed a label already.  Fine - i cancel the order.  Guess what - they take the $290 + tax+ shipping out of my pending payouts even thought I never received a dime of that order.  And they take 4 business days to give it back to me - on an order they told me to cancel and they cancelled the pending payment.  

I am sure there is some logical thing I am missing, but you have my sympathies as I have no idea why they need to make you keeping waiting for your funds.  

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 4 of 148
latest reply

@katzrul15 Absurd is the only logical explanation. 
I have had the same happen before,  but was always closed immediately and money off hold within 24hrs and in processing (why they have to "process" money twice is always beyond me btw, especially when they take any already processed funds from pending payout first and then remaining from processing (or all from processing if no pending of course). 

It's not really the money, here, this case, the item was $26 basically nothing and not an amount I at least would rave over. No, it's the "process" I am questioning, the logic they have here is idiotic and policy is absurd. Not even aware they made this change til now, can't imagine why they took ability for reps to close these type cases away and wait for their "system" to do it...it's just silly. When they charge me every month on the 17th for my store fee, if it didn't already take it from my MP funds I pay them immediately... but forbid a seller wanting their money, that's just crazy!? 

Message 5 of 148
latest reply

This just happened to me too. Item was delivered 8/26, buyer opened case on 8/27, I immediately add tracking (that was already there) showing the item was delivered and. . .nothing. No email saying "Your buyer's item has arrived!", no update to the case.

This is actually the second time this has happened to me in the past week, but the other one was a returned "Insufficient address" INR, so I thought it was a 'glitch' or whatever. I messaged eBay on FB early yesterday - it's been over 24 hours and they still haven't responded. That may not sound all that unusual, but I've always heard back from them same-day for anything this simple. 

With the massive increase in INR's due to COVID/USPS last year, combined with this (seemingly) now arduous handling of INR’s, I can only imagine what changes might come with the fall seller update. It’s bringing on my pessimist eye twitch.

Message 6 of 148
latest reply

@popblox wrote:

This just happened to me too. Item was delivered 8/26, buyer opened case on 8/27, I immediately add tracking (that was already there) showing the item was delivered and. . .nothing. No email saying "Your buyer's item has arrived!", no update to the case.

This is actually the second time this has happened to me in the past week, but the other one was a returned "Insufficient address" INR, so I thought it was a 'glitch' or whatever. I messaged eBay on FB early yesterday - it's been over 24 hours and they still haven't responded. That may not sound all that unusual, but I've always heard back from them same-day for anything this simple. 

With the massive increase in INR's due to COVID/USPS last year, combined with this (seemingly) now arduous handling of INR’s, I can only imagine what changes might come with the fall seller update. It’s bringing on my pessimist eye twitch.

Yeah, idk @popblox I understand every case is different (to extent) and that ebay wants time to have whatever people/team review each case, i get that, but for something like INR where tracking shows delivered + buyer left feedback on - come on, just close the case and end it. 

If it was INR and returned to me - I would just refund and the case would close (actually done it before, done it where no case was ever opened also, honest seller, no reason not to package was sent back to you by carrier). 

In any case, this makes me ponder if I'm going to sell (here) during the xmas season. I know more and more sellers who place their stores on vacation during that time due to INR or late deliveries...and all due to ebays take and policies they have... just think, if every ebay seller did this, even for just one week, ebay would be on their knees pleading and begging. 

Message 7 of 148
latest reply

This is the first I have in 3 years heard of them keeping case like this open for 4-5 biz days just to wait for the "system" to close it.

@nuclearomen 

Not to cast aspersions on eBay's infamous customer service, but personally I don't believe a thing they say for the most part.   If this is new with the "managing" I suppose we will find out just like we do everything else around here.  Be sure to check the "announcements"???? /sarcasm

Message 8 of 148
latest reply

@ittybitnot wrote:

This is the first I have in 3 years heard of them keeping case like this open for 4-5 biz days just to wait for the "system" to close it.

@nuclearomen 

Not to cast aspersions on eBay's infamous customer service, but personally I don't believe a thing they say for the most part.   If this is new with the "managing" I suppose we will find out just like we do everything else around here.  Be sure to check the "announcements"???? /sarcasm

@ittybitnot no, they don't announce such stuff on boards... they wait till quarterly seller update so they can have 3-4 weeks of angry sellers post about their idiocy (sarcasm intended)

Message 9 of 148
latest reply

they wait till quarterly seller update so they can have 3-4 weeks....

@nuclearomen 

You could always ask in the weekly chat and have them tell you to "contact customer service"... sorry, couldn't help myself. 

Message 10 of 148
latest reply

@ittybitnot wrote:

they wait till quarterly seller update so they can have 3-4 weeks....

@nuclearomen 

You could always ask in the weekly chat and have them tell you to "contact customer service"... sorry, couldn't help myself. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ explains why I haven't attended weekly chat in 3 weeks 

Message 11 of 148
latest reply

Yes, I have noticed this too as far as the delays in getting that money reprocessed or whatever they call it and back into a payout. Painfully slow process.

Message 12 of 148
latest reply

On a PP case in the past if this happened, Presto!! Funds pop back instantaneous.

Message 13 of 148
latest reply

I was some kinda nots happied.  

They cancelled the pending payment, so I was credited squat.  Then they took the sale in entirety from me in my payouts, which was not nice.  And it took 4 business days to get it back.  

Still had to call them to get credited for my PL advertising fee.  They were like "oopsie"  sorry about that. 

Ya.  Dang it.  I wanted ALL my fees back!  lol

I guess we were really spoiled with paypal.  

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 14 of 148
latest reply

@nuclearomen 

...when buyer opened an INR case, after you respond with tracking information, buyer has 3 days to respond to your submission...at the 4th day, if no responses from buyer, you have to contact eBay to step in to close the INR case...about two days later your funds will be released...

...that was how my INR cases were resolved...

...eBay grabs your monies fast, but hesitates in giving back to you...(I can see teardrops and hear long sigh from San Jose...)

Message 15 of 148
latest reply