cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huge drop in Promoted Listing views/clicks

Hey everyone,

I am reaching out to see if anyone has noticed a huge drop off in Promoted Listing views/clicks today? My account has had steady metrics for well over a year now when suddenly we saw a 60% decrease in clicks and a 70% decrease in impressions today.  My account is a high volume sales account, and this unexpected drop could really hurt my business as we do most of our sales here on eBay.

Hoping to gain some insight from other sellers here.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Join the club. It seems everyday more people come on this board asking the same question.

Message 2 of 23
latest reply

That is good to know that it isn't just my account. It just hit my account like a ton of bricks today. I have seen minor fluctuations in the last week or so, but something severe happened today. I attached a screenshot of my dashboard below. 
clicks.PNG

Message 3 of 23
latest reply

Based on your question and the reply from another it makes you wonder what the true accuracy of these numbers really are.

Message 4 of 23
latest reply

If you are talking about the steep decline on the 25th, the day you posted, it is likely because ebay only has partial data for the 25th ON the 25th (since the day is not yet over)  The odds are pretty good, that today, (the 26th) now has the steep decline, and the 25th doesn't look so terrible. Of course, only you can check that. 

Message 5 of 23
latest reply

Mine have gone up considerably in the last 2 weeks but I don't use Promoted Listing.

Message 6 of 23
latest reply

Your sales look steady so I would not worry about impressions. Those numbers are not always accurate. Your in a highly saturated category and you will never always stay on top. 

Message 7 of 23
latest reply

I wonder why people ask this question. Before anyone asks if they should ask them selfs if they’re selling things people want. 

Message 8 of 23
latest reply

I was hoping this was the case, but unfortunately it was not. I have seen a lapse in reporting before, but I noticed that all metrics were correlating with the promoted listings drop. I'm hoping I can get on the phone with eBay today and find out if something changed with Promoted Listings.

Message 9 of 23
latest reply

This is understandable, but a sudden drop in Promoted Listing metrics by 60-70% overnight would seem to indicate that something has changed within Promoted Listings. Our organic metrics saw little to no change at all. I am hoping it is just a reporting error at this time, but after today's metrics I should have more insight.

Message 10 of 23
latest reply

I have noticed the same thing. I’m wondering if the roll out of the new beta advanced promoted listings has something to do with it. I may take the promoted listing off of a few items and see if I see improvement. Best of luck! 

Message 11 of 23
latest reply

Promoted Listings Advanced is the new partner in the program.  Are you paying extra for the super version or just standard?

Promoted Listings Advanced (ebay.com)

Message 12 of 23
latest reply

join the club

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 13 of 23
latest reply

@vintage-camerastuff wrote:

Mine have gone up considerably in the last 2 weeks but I don't use Promoted Listing.

then yours hasn't gone anywhere... impressions aren't measured without using PL. Simply seen an uptick in organic traffic

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 14 of 23
latest reply

There was a notice somewhere recently, I think in Seller Hub, that they are/were changing the way views are counted in that they will only show 1 count now, no matter how many times a buyer goes to the listing.......... so that may lower the totals from previous counts..........  I don't know if it was retroactive, but I presume not. 

Message 15 of 23
latest reply