cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fedex overcharges, 25 of 25 shipments !

April invoice was for 25 Logitech K350 keyboards.  ALL shipped in the same Kraft bubble wrap envelope and from the same location.

Confirmed physical weight was 2lb 8oz.  Destination from Fl Keys to Wa from Tenn.  ALL shipped Fedex SmartPost.

Charged shipping weights ranged from .94lb to 39lb with most either 3 or 4lb.

Charged fuel per the Fedex fuel surcharge page were off by as much as 39%

Charged DAS fees charged on a specifically excluded zip code

Charged zone 5 rate for a dead center zone 4 address, several like this.

Charged $11 for a Mo address and several Ca under$7.

2 disputes filed 10 days apart.

1 damaged shipment claim filed.

Asked several tines for a copy of my disputes, ALWAYS denied

3 weeks later having spoken with 25 to 30 staff or supervisors and nada  !!

NO ONE will take or make any action

Ebay wants MY money but absolutely refuses to provide me any documentation, any answers to WHY and dont ever bother trying to get a return call.  2 supervisors have even refused to provide me a terms and conditions copy or web page.

Any secrets to getting any action or resolution ??

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

Re: Fedex overcharges, 25 of 25 shipments !

@shaniko86 wrote:

April invoice was for 25 Logitech K350 keyboards.  ALL shipped in the same Kraft bubble wrap envelope and from the same location.

Confirmed physical weight was 2lb 8oz.  Destination from Fl Keys to Wa from Tenn.  ALL shipped Fedex SmartPost.

Charged shipping weights ranged from .94lb to 39lb with most either 3 or 4lb.

Charged fuel per the Fedex fuel surcharge page were off by as much as 39%

Charged DAS fees charged on a specifically excluded zip code

Charged zone 5 rate for a dead center zone 4 address, several like this.

Charged $11 for a Mo address and several Ca under$7.

2 disputes filed 10 days apart.

1 damaged shipment claim filed.

Asked several tines for a copy of my disputes, ALWAYS denied

3 weeks later having spoken with 25 to 30 staff or supervisors and nada  !!

NO ONE will take or make any action

Ebay wants MY money but absolutely refuses to provide me any documentation, any answers to WHY and dont ever bother trying to get a return call.  2 supervisors have even refused to provide me a terms and conditions copy or web page.

If you were to get docuumentation to prove your claim, have you any idea just how much trouble that could potentially cause?

Not saying 'NO' doesn't mean 'YES'.

The foolishness of one's actions or words is determined by the number of witnesses.

Perhaps if Brains were described as an APP, many people would use them more often.

Respect, like money, is only of 'worth' when it is earned - with all due respect, it can not be ordained, legislated or coerced. Anonymous
Message 2 of 36
latest reply

maybe you could contact some Consumer Affairs Group? post your complaint publically on ripoff reports etc.

Message 3 of 36
latest reply

contact Fedex?

Message 4 of 36
latest reply

This is why you should never buy FedEx labels through eBay. FedEx tosses the buck to eBay since it’s ebays account and eBay tosses the buck back to fedex. You have to contact eBay and have them file claims or whatever with FedEx and if FedEx determines you were overcharged eBay will credit you. But getting eBay to actually contact FedEx and get the claims started is always a hassle. 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 5 of 36
latest reply

I stopped using SmartPost and FedEx permanently for the same reason. Buyer charged one amount, FedEx/eBay charged me completely different, and then received an additional fee on my account for the shipment  ( I know how to weigh and measure a package, and what the FedEx guidelines are ! )

Called Ebay, they said to contact FedEx. Called FedEx, they said the account used to purchase the label is owned by eBay, so call eBay, vicious circle going nowhere, no resolution.

There is a FaceBook page about FedEx SmartPost and the posts say it all.

How FedEx doesn't know what it costs them to ship a package from point A to point B after 4 decades in business is ridiculous......

Message 6 of 36
latest reply

Yep.  I learned my lesson with Fed Ex.  I guess I was lucky, in that it was only 2 packages.

Message 7 of 36
latest reply

@1420_gifts wrote:

I stopped using SmartPost and FedEx permanently for the same reason. Buyer charged one amount, FedEx/eBay charged me completely different, and then received an additional fee on my account for the shipment  ( I know how to weigh and measure a package, and what the FedEx guidelines are ! )

Called Ebay, they said to contact FedEx. Called FedEx, they said the account used to purchase the label is owned by eBay, so call eBay, vicious circle going nowhere, no resolution.

How FedEx doesn't know what it costs them to ship a package from point A to point B after 4 decades in business is ridiculous......

Fed Ex bills on the first scan, not what you enter as weights or dims. But since you can drop off a smartpost label at USPS(because a PO is usually closer than a fed ex office or drop-off point), it will then just go parcel select to the destination, and fed ex gets paid for doing absolutely nothing. And don't bother to insure using smartpost - they will pass the buck back and forth and you will never see any money.

Wow !
Great solutions ... NOT

Lets try again ... Any secrets to getting any action or resolution ??
Message 9 of 36
latest reply

@shaniko86 wrote:
Wow !
Great solutions ... NOT

Lets try again ... Any secrets to getting any action or resolution ??

Not if you don't have your own fed ex account linked to your ebay account. If you had that, you would be shipper of record and could call them out on it. Since ebay is the shipper of record, you probably won't get anywhere.

@d-k_treasures wrote:

@1420_gifts wrote:

Fed Ex bills on the first scan, not what you enter as weights or dims. But since you can drop off a smartpost label at USPS(because a PO is usually closer than a fed ex office or drop-off point), it will then just go parcel select to the destination, and fed ex gets paid for doing absolutely nothing. And don't bother to insure using smartpost - they will pass the buck back and forth and you will never see any money.

No, you can't. SmartPost is a FedEx Service and needs to be dropped at a FedEx Center (most Walgreens are doing FedEx Drop off now, in addition to Kinko's and Regular FedEx Centers)

Some PO's allow it because they are tired of fighting about it ... but ...

USPS is the Last Mile Carrier for SmartPost ... not the Origin Carrier

That is the reason it is so cheap.

Only Return Service Smartpost Labels can be dropped at the USPS.

http://www.fedex.com/us/smart-post/returns.html

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 11 of 36
latest reply

Gee thanks for the sooo not pertinent answer.

I never said ANYTHING about USPS.

Pleeeease ... if you dont have a pertinent response to my question dont clutter the thread.

Message 12 of 36
latest reply

search this forum or on internet and see if anyone has similar problem and how was it resolved.

Message 13 of 36
latest reply

since these are Ebay sales,why cant you just ship USPS instead,what is the benfits of using Fed Exp?

Message 14 of 36
latest reply

Yep ... using a different shipper for a past shipment is such a great suggestion ... thanks (sarcastically)

Message 15 of 36
latest reply