cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fedex overcharges, 25 of 25 shipments !

April invoice was for 25 Logitech K350 keyboards.  ALL shipped in the same Kraft bubble wrap envelope and from the same location.

Confirmed physical weight was 2lb 8oz.  Destination from Fl Keys to Wa from Tenn.  ALL shipped Fedex SmartPost.

Charged shipping weights ranged from .94lb to 39lb with most either 3 or 4lb.

Charged fuel per the Fedex fuel surcharge page were off by as much as 39%

Charged DAS fees charged on a specifically excluded zip code

Charged zone 5 rate for a dead center zone 4 address, several like this.

Charged $11 for a Mo address and several Ca under$7.

2 disputes filed 10 days apart.

1 damaged shipment claim filed.

Asked several tines for a copy of my disputes, ALWAYS denied

3 weeks later having spoken with 25 to 30 staff or supervisors and nada  !!

NO ONE will take or make any action

Ebay wants MY money but absolutely refuses to provide me any documentation, any answers to WHY and dont ever bother trying to get a return call.  2 supervisors have even refused to provide me a terms and conditions copy or web page.

Any secrets to getting any action or resolution ??

Message 1 of 36
latest reply
35 REPLIES 35

@dtexley3 wrote:

@shaniko86 wrote:
Yep ... using a different shipper for a past shipment is such a great suggestion ... thanks (sarcastically)

The only "secrets" I can give you is to be persistant with eBay regarding the FedEx overcharges.  You can get the FedEx charge detail from the Orders - Shipping Labels.  Find the listings and click on the shipping cost.  It's a hot link and will pop up with what you entered when you purchased the label and then what FedEx did on their first scan.  Take screenshots and keep them, they have the info on why your charges are different.   Keep calling CS asking for assistance since the FedEx account is an eBay account.

When dropping off any FedEx packages at a dropoff site, request that they weigh each package before scanning.  Most of the time that will become the initial physical weight for the shipment and you avoid the "thumb on the scale" overweights when 2 packages manage to hit the scale together during automation.

For the future, if you choose to use SmartPost, open a FedEx account, link it to your eBay account.  The call FedEx and beg for SmartPost to be added to your FedEx account.  At that point you will be the shipper of record.

brian@ebay  Any other ideas for the OP on how to get eBay to help with FedEx errors?

Hi @dtexley3@shaniko86, calling Customer Service is the best route to take to dispute an overcharge. They can open an investigation with FedEx to have the matter looked into. If FedEx finds that you were overcharged then a credit will be applied to an invoice within two billing cycles.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 31 of 36
latest reply

brian@ebay wrote:

@dtexley3 wrote:

@shaniko86 wrote:
Yep ... using a different shipper for a past shipment is such a great suggestion ... thanks (sarcastically)

The only "secrets" I can give you is to be persistant with eBay regarding the FedEx overcharges.  You can get the FedEx charge detail from the Orders - Shipping Labels.  Find the listings and click on the shipping cost.  It's a hot link and will pop up with what you entered when you purchased the label and then what FedEx did on their first scan.  Take screenshots and keep them, they have the info on why your charges are different.   Keep calling CS asking for assistance since the FedEx account is an eBay account.

When dropping off any FedEx packages at a dropoff site, request that they weigh each package before scanning.  Most of the time that will become the initial physical weight for the shipment and you avoid the "thumb on the scale" overweights when 2 packages manage to hit the scale together during automation.

For the future, if you choose to use SmartPost, open a FedEx account, link it to your eBay account.  The call FedEx and beg for SmartPost to be added to your FedEx account.  At that point you will be the shipper of record.

brian@ebay  Any other ideas for the OP on how to get eBay to help with FedEx errors?

Hi @dtexley3@shaniko86, calling Customer Service is the best route to take to dispute an overcharge. They can open an investigation with FedEx to have the matter looked into. If FedEx finds that you were overcharged then a credit will be applied to an invoice within two billing cycles.

brian@ebay  Is there a specific department or group to ask for.  If you read the thread they have made mutliple calls to CS and are being told to contact FedEx.

Member of the Grumpy Old Man crew
Message 32 of 36
latest reply

I filed a complaint with the BBB. FedEX's response was that they do not guarntee anything. I had three problems within a month that cost me over $400. I have signed up for an account with ups and use them now instead. But people you need to file complaints with the BBB. If enough people will complain they they will take action. Trust me when I say FedEx does not want to be removed from being a member of the BBB. Their stock will take a huge hit. Also on The BBB platform their is a place to leave feedback. USE IT.

Message 33 of 36
latest reply

25 invoice items with multiple errors each.
1st 20 line items bill wt is incorrect = also incorrect freight amt and fuel
In the 1st 20 there are many additional errors.
Thats a minimum of 60 errors in the first 20 line items.
The last 5 fuel appears wrong which put freight amt in doubt.
Thats another 10 errors.
25 line items with a minimum of 70 errors with id'ed additional.
Message 34 of 36
latest reply

LOL, Apr / May invoice in
Due to not selling per this issue only 3 prior shipments.
3 shipments, 9 errors
Message 36 of 36
latest reply