cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FACEBOOK MARKETPLACE HAS TAKEN OVER FROM EBAY.

Yup its finally happening! marketplace is taking a vast volume of business from ebay and its down mainly to several points, 

1) Ebays fees are simply too much.

2) support is biased and doesnt support the seller nowhere near as much as the buyer

3) interface is rubbish, old and complicated.

4) holding user's money should be stopped.

And of cause I expect a few rocks will be turned over by this and out comes the ebaybots with their brown tongues to try and prove me otherwise lol. 

Message 1 of 94
latest reply
93 REPLIES 93

Re: FACEBOOK MARKETPLACE HAS TAKEN OVER FROM EBAY.

You are not turning to Facebook per se. Facebook has a messenger service that is very popular. It’s messenger service is akin to gmail which is owned by Google.

Message 46 of 94
latest reply

The biggest negative to facebook marketplace is having to have a facebook acct.

Message 47 of 94
latest reply

خدمتکار تحت تعقیب

Google translate

کارگران خانگی در دسترس است

And Arabic

العمالة المنزلية المتاحة
Message 48 of 94
latest reply

@monica-sells 

That chart lacks truthiness.

It may well be true, but Bonanza running second to eBay and Amazon tied with eCrater?
I wasn't even aware eCrater was still around.

"Popular"  isn't really the same as "a good place to make money".
I quite liked Bonanza, but I spent more time removing cross posted listings from there that had sold on eBay than I ever did shipping to customer from there.

But it is an interesting look at attitudes.

I'm not surprised that AZ is so low, with their high fees, slow payouts, and even slower refunds.

Message 49 of 94
latest reply

@12345jamesstamps 

The eBay support staff cover eBay's Facebook accounts.

They are using FB as a contact point, but are neither FB employees nor is FB helping with the problem.

Just as if you phone the (sub-contracted) phone reps, they are the ones you are working with, not AT&T even though you are using AT&T's phone lines.

Message 50 of 94
latest reply

Yes eCrater is still around and I have had good sales on it. Items that are not real common and are over a couple thousand I will usually put on there because the fee can be as little as zero. You cant put real common stuff on there and expect it to sell though (at least in my opinion). 

Message 51 of 94
latest reply

@enigmaticscience 

Ebay does not have "bots" in the community.  Sellers say that from time to time to dismiss posts by those that may not agree with them.

Civil conversations are possible.  There is typically more than one side to any story.  We can all learn from each other if we just listen.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 52 of 94
latest reply

For those that do sell on the Marketplace.  It is important to know that they are not charging selling fees through June of 2023.  But after that there will be selling fees.

https://www.facebook.com/business/help/223030991929920?id=533228987210412

Message 53 of 94
latest reply

I agree  I transitioning there

Message 54 of 94
latest reply

@rosemary6525 

Maybe yes, maybe no.  It will likely have some big changes come June when Facebook Marketplace starts charging fees.

Message 55 of 94
latest reply

@rugerskick,

What wrong with having a FB account? It doesn't cost anything.

Message 56 of 94
latest reply

I'm done after 22 years, had hearing aid removed 2 times, over 22,000 hearing aids on ebay, over 100 of the exact same ones.

Talked to 3 ebay reps, said a super would call,,,,,lied they never called.

I reported over 20 of the same hearing aids and they were never removed.

No prescription needed for hearing aids!

Just a bunch of lies, no common sense!

I'm moving to marketplace, offer up and craigslist!

Message 57 of 94
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@rosemary6525 

Maybe yes, maybe no.  It will likely have some big changes come June when Facebook Marketplace starts charging fees.

...followed by massive shrieking once FM starts issuing 1099s in January of 2024... 🙄

Message 58 of 94
latest reply

Talked to 3 ebay reps, said a super would call,,,,,lied they never called.

The phone reps don't work for eBay. The contractor in Utah they do work for seems to give them a quota of calls to complete in a day, so mostly they want to get you off the phone.

Use the social media covered by actual trained employees'

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.
https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=enhttps://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

The social media Chat accounts are covered by trained eBay employees with some authority.
And you get a transcript so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.

Message 59 of 94
latest reply

I use Bonanza as well as Ebay. Nice thing about Bonanza is they import all my Ebay listing every 24 hours. Sales are taken at Bonanza and Ebay inventory is adjusted at the same time, so no double sales. Not big volume but counts for an added 5% sales with little extra work

Message 60 of 94
latest reply