cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Has CHANGED our FREE listing Allotments, GREAT NEWS for many Sellers !!!

For anyone that may not have seen today's announcement.  Some great news for many sellers.  This should help a lot of sellers.  Thank you Ebay!!  

Effective August 1, 2020, we are updating our selling fees with additional permanent zero monthly insertion fee listings so that you can continue to introduce, test, and sell new inventory. These changes will be available to all eBay sellers, and you don’t need to take any action.

This Spring, we announced free listings promotions, which proved to be a powerful and effective tool in the challenging COVID-19 environment. We want to help you keep this positive momentum going.

The number of additional monthly zero insertion fee listings sellers will receive are determined by their eBay Store subscription levels. Sellers who have been invited and signed up for managed payments will receive additional monthly zero insertion fee listings in select categories.

For all of the details on this change, please visit the Seller Center.

As always, thank you for selling on eBay.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/service-and-payments/insertion-fees-update.html

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 1 of 79
latest reply
78 REPLIES 78

Re: Ebay Has CHANGED our FREE listing Allotments, GREAT NEWS for many Sellers !!!

@tsme35 wrote:

WOW almost got excited until I read "fixed price listings in select categories", same as the free auctions I don't use every month, not right to only offer it for some categories and not others

Yes I know that can be disheartening to be sure.  I've felt if for years with Fashions and collectibles being the only categories with a Store to get extra free listings.  

This newest announcement does benefit me in one category that I sell in and not the other.  But it sure is movement in the right direction.

Let's hope they add more categories as we move forward.  But this is a great start that I'm so happy to see.

Message 16 of 79
latest reply

Re: Ebay Has CHANGED our FREE listing Allotments, GREAT NEWS for many Sellers !!!

Just a guess:  Clothing & Accessories is one of the most (if not THE most) saturated categories on eBay.  Perhaps they felt that that there were already more than enough listings in that category without offering more freebies.

Message 17 of 79
latest reply

FYI - We got the memo no need to repeat unless you are running up your posting numbers up here.

Message 18 of 79
latest reply

why thank? 99.9% of platforms are free to list. The only one who charges 20c per listing is Etsy, the rest are free to list and less in fees (Poshmark charges 20% sold fees, but when you calculate what feebay charges: 10-12% on shipping and the item+10% on sales tax (!), then you have to deduct PayPal fee...It is pretty much the same, plus buyers there get $7.11 flat shipping for up to 5lb packages-pretty sweet for those who buy and sell heavy items.

I think the competition is fierce despite ebay is still the best for some junk (which is a treasure for some) and some items desired by international buyers, but majority of categories are being taken by other platform.

ebay should stop being that greedy before it looses more sellers.

Message 19 of 79
latest reply

@oldwestgold wrote:

FYI - We got the memo no need to repeat unless you are running up your posting numbers up here.

Seriously???  Wouldn't posting this snark run up your numbers?   How many sellers still don't know you can't give negative feedback?  I'm sure there was a memo for that.

Message 20 of 79
latest reply

@mam98031 , thanks for posting this!  I missed the announcement, and this is great news for me!

GloryBells  • 
eBay Mentor Since 2008

Message 21 of 79
latest reply

Does nothing for me. Or many others that sell in fashion/clothing. As usual EBAY does nothing for most

Message 22 of 79
latest reply

So am I reading it right. If someone was to have a Premium store and solely sells Clothing, they would get 2000 BIN listing total and not have to pay anything further than the $74.95 month to month Premium Subscription fee , Plus seller fee's on items that sell? 

Message 23 of 79
latest reply

😋YaY!

Message 24 of 79
latest reply

@purple-rain-store wrote:

So am I reading it right. If someone was to have a Premium store and solely sells Clothing, they would get 2000 BIN listing total ...

No, they'd still get just 1000 free fixed price insertions that can be used in Clothing. The second column on the announcement chart is the new total free insertions, not new additional ones.

Message 25 of 79
latest reply

@oldwestgold wrote:

While that may very well be true for you, clearly from the other posts some did not see it.  Feel free to ignore my posts, I take no issue with that.

Message 26 of 79
latest reply

@beachychicd wrote:

Does nothing for me. Or many others that sell in fashion/clothing. As usual EBAY does nothing for most

For years this category has gotten free auctions with a Store subscription and most other categories were excluded.  I as I am sure others have asked MANY times for other categories to be included, but Ebay decided that it wasn't necessary.  So I am very please that some other categories are getting some free listing benefits.

Message 27 of 79
latest reply

20.JPG

@Anonymous 

The above is something I posted on the weekly chat.  IMHO the Terms and Conditions of the stores IS changing and this is something Ebay should allow.  

Message 28 of 79
latest reply

So far I was invited, and I signed up. Never heard anything back though. Based on this language I should qualify for the extra listings starting Aug 1st? 

I was about to re-sub to a Premium store but now I am putting the brakes on that.

Message 29 of 79
latest reply

Before Aug 1, 2020
Basic Store 250 fixed price listings in all categories**
250 auction listings in Fashion & Collectibles

After Aug 1, 2020
10,000 fixed price listings in select categories*
350 fixed price listings in all categories**
250 auction listings in Fashion & Collectibles

this doesn't change anything, store subscribers choose store tier based on how many items they will or may potentially use, and those numbers stay the same without this free listings - so if you know you won't be using them what's the point? What benefit is it other then having tons of free insertions you'll likely never use? Ask me, if ebay wants to give an actually "benefit" provide these free insertions with a new store tier subscription discount - that is something all sellers with store will benefit from, not free insertions. 

brian@ebay @Anonymous  pass this along to the chain of command as suggestion! 

The great truth is there isn't one
And it only gets worse since that conclusion...
...There is something about the rigid posture of a proper, authentic blind
As if extended arms reached to pass his blindness onto others.
Message 30 of 79
latest reply