cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ebay Has CHANGED our FREE listing Allotments, GREAT NEWS for many Sellers !!!

For anyone that may not have seen today's announcement.  Some great news for many sellers.  This should help a lot of sellers.  Thank you Ebay!!  

Effective August 1, 2020, we are updating our selling fees with additional permanent zero monthly insertion fee listings so that you can continue to introduce, test, and sell new inventory. These changes will be available to all eBay sellers, and you don’t need to take any action.

This Spring, we announced free listings promotions, which proved to be a powerful and effective tool in the challenging COVID-19 environment. We want to help you keep this positive momentum going.

The number of additional monthly zero insertion fee listings sellers will receive are determined by their eBay Store subscription levels. Sellers who have been invited and signed up for managed payments will receive additional monthly zero insertion fee listings in select categories.

For all of the details on this change, please visit the Seller Center.

As always, thank you for selling on eBay.

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/service-and-payments/insertion-fees-update.html

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 1 of 79
latest reply
78 REPLIES 78

Awesome!!!  Just wanted to thank you for the additional free listings.  Business is good for me right now, and fun!

Message 2 of 79
latest reply

This

Is

awesome-handwritten-word-text-rainbow-colors-vibrant-swoosh-design-vector-illustration-140554833

350 fixed price for basic, yes, yes, yes!!!

I'm so tickled I don't know how to act lol

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 3 of 79
latest reply

Thank you Ebay!! This is exciting news! Perfect timing too as my store is pretty much full at the current allotment. 🙂 

Message 4 of 79
latest reply

VERY nice!

I have multiple selling id's but none have Stores, the bump from 50 to 200 is really going to be helpful for me as it means I have 600 freebies a month (3 selling id's) and I have been using 400+ of the Covid freebies.

I might even open a Basic Store because the bonus "FP in selected categories" cover some of the categories I use the most but were not included in the Auction style "selected categories".

If I'm reading it right if I sign up for a Basic Store I would get 10,350 FP listings for less than $30, that is not totally free but almost.

Message 5 of 79
latest reply

Honestly very helpful great news for me. I list thousands of items a month and 90% or more don't sell in 30 days so I always get that .10 insertion fee added that kills any profit I would ever see. I would basically babysit my listings and end them right before the 30 day window came around then list only when free promotions happened. Basically I spent most of my time monitoring listings and ending them so I wouldn't always get hit with .10 and after a while those .10 added up to hundreds of dollars a month. I've had many phone calls with ebay reps over the years to please fix this for Premium sellers so this new deal is the best option I've ever seen. I'm sure this will be welcomed news for many sellers like me who always hovered around the 3-5 thousand listings a month and wanted to jump to 10-15 thousand a little easier. This way ebay will make more money and so will we as sellers it's a win win can't believe it took a pandemic to finally make ebay see they will make more money with this option. Long story short THANKS!!!!

Message 6 of 79
latest reply

I've been selling since 2005 and 100% Positive Feedback and still not getting the 200 Free listings per month.  Didn't get them for the last 3 months and the new starting August 1st Pay Zero Listing Fees on up to 200 items per month.  I don't understand Why I am no longer getting any promotions!!! HELP TRENTON!

I've reached that age where my brain goes from "you probably shouldn't say that." To "what the heck, let's see what happens. "
Message 7 of 79
latest reply

This is fantastic to see, honestly.  I had been stuck in that awkward position where the 250 listings of a Basic store weren't enough for my needs, but the 1,000 from a Premium store were way too much for me to try to manage on top of a full-time job, which meant that a lot of my listings ended up just going to waste.  This is perfect.

Message 8 of 79
latest reply

That are Great News, but I wonder why the Category: "Clothing, Shoes & Accessories" is NOT included in the new (Select Categories) FIXED PRICE allotment, but (YES) in auction format (?????) Any help from eBay guys????

It is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation.
***Herman Melville***
= = = =

Rejoice always!!!
1 Thes 5:16
Message 9 of 79
latest reply

It will be good for some people. But if you have been selling on ebay for 20 years, are a TRS Plus with 100% feedback, etc., and ebay is THROTTLING you, it won't matter if they give you a million free listings.

Message 10 of 79
latest reply

trinton@ebay Please Help!  I'm not getting any promotions.  I didn't get the other 200 free the last three months and now I am not getting this new one.  Why???? I've been here since 2005 with 100% Positive Feedback!  HELP PLEASE!

I've reached that age where my brain goes from "you probably shouldn't say that." To "what the heck, let's see what happens. "
Message 11 of 79
latest reply

@maxmawi wrote:

That are Great News, but I wonder why the Category: "Clothing, Shoes & Accessories" is NOT included in the new (Select Categories) FIXED PRICE allotment, but (YES) in auction format (?????) Any help from eBay guys????

There are lots of categories that weren't included.  I'm just thrilled that one main category I sell in is finally included.  The fashions category has gotten extra free listings for a long time while the rest of us were left in the cold.  It is VERY nice to get some benefit from this change.  And like you said, you do still get the auctions.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 12 of 79
latest reply

WOW almost got excited until I read "fixed price listings in select categories", same as the free auctions I don't use every month, not right to only offer it for some categories and not others

Message 13 of 79
latest reply

This unfortunately doesn't help us in our category, but I'm happy to see any update that will help sellers out on the platform!

Message 14 of 79
latest reply

The 10,000 for the Basic store looks really tempting after years of paying for a Premium one, but still holding out on Managed Payments until I get drafted.   

The question is, how soon before they raise the price of the store fees accordingly?

One thing is for sure though, way less free eBay Shipping Supplies going to be around the house, which is kind of sad actually.  

Message 15 of 79
latest reply