cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did the extra 10K free listings in select categories end???

Wondering if I missed some nearly invisible memo.  Shortly after the pandemic started, there was a Promo Subscription of 10K additional fixed price listing in select categories--things like crafts, when all that went crazy.   Right now, mine is not showing as renewed for Aug, only in the expired offers.

Message 1 of 161
latest reply
160 REPLIES 160

Re: Did the extra 10K free listings in select categories end???

On my seller hub, all the listing offers are under the heading "Promotional Offers".  They include my 1000 store listings and all others along with the 10,000.  I don't see the word promotional anywhere other the overall heading which covered them all.   So my store listings are also a promotion?

Message 106 of 161
latest reply

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques wrote:

@valueaddedresource @dhbookds "The fact that this little hiccup happened exactly 2 years from the date this originally went live is interesting to me."

I think what we three are wondering is:

It never really made sense to me that this showed up as "promo" in my Seller Hub  because it is clearly stated that it is a part of one's store subscription, unlike time-limited "promos" we've seen for other fee related perks. 

But ebay insisted on classifying it as a promo, for reasons unknown.

Since this "glitch" came exactly two years after this was originally introduced, is it possible that ebay has programmed all promos to end within two years, if they do not end sooner? And that caused the error? Because no one at ebay ever realized that they needed to stop classifying this as a promo if it was not actually a promo, but a contractual part of out store subscription? 

I agree with @dhbookds , ebay seems to have a policy of shifting employees around from team to team, not to mention it has employee churn...all of which means that far too often there seems to be NO "institutional memory" in these teams that can say: "This is what we intended back in 2020" (or whenever)  The truth is, we old time sellers have better memory for this stuff than most ebay employees. I wonder, for example, how many members of the stores team remember when ebay stores had blogs attached? Or how many Community Team members remember that? 

IF this was a glitch, IF there is no plan to remove this, ebay NEEDS to tell us NOW and needs to stop portraying a contractual feature of our store subscriptions as a promo. We need and deserve some reassurance that there are no plans to change this (and a reassurance that IF ebay were to change this, there would be sufficient advance notice).

ebay management, are you there?

I remember when Harry would actually engage with the seller community. ebay's talk about "seller engagement" these days has become a bitter joke. 

Jordan , why not step up to the plate and engage with us on this issue?  

@my-cottage-books-and-antiques  agree 100% with everything you said here.

As for Harry's legacy of seller engagement, unfortunately I think we can see exactly what eBay thinks of that from the fact they deleted his community account and made all previous community posts by him now "anonymous". ☹️

Message 107 of 161
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

velvet@ebay 

Just one more piece of info that you might find useful.  When Ebay made this change, they also allowed sellers with store subscriptions to downgrade their stores if they wanted to without penalties.  I downgraded mine as the new limits were plenty for me.

Thanks @mam98031! It sounds like you're all seeing the promo back which is great news!!! I still haven't heard from the tech team though. I'll still follow-up with whatever news they provide. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 108 of 161
latest reply

velvet@ebay   Thanks.......I'm positive you will relay any followup YOU get........  But have to wonder if anyone at Ebay cares how bad this lack of response makes ebay look...........  Someone at Ebay must recognize it....and Someone must have some authority to compel a response.......  any chance of getting to the right person?

Message 109 of 161
latest reply

velvet@ebay 

Appreciate the follow-up, but this really is not a "promo" - it is part of a store subscription as I stated way UP thread and as have others. 

Really needs to be addressed.  Thx for your assistance and unless the entire tech team is on vacay, the silence from them is deafening.  They do not/did not know.  Kind of a biggie as others also pointed out.

We, as Sellers, with everything going on, all these massive glitches/changes/roll-out debacles/search issues/listing issues - deserve better.

Out of words to describe my frustration.

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 110 of 161
latest reply

@dhbookds 

The community moved to a Monthly Chat instead of a weekly chat about 3 months ago.  Each chat now is subject specific too.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 111 of 161
latest reply

velvet@ebay 

Thank you so much for following up on this.  We should keep in mind that this is NOT a "Promo".  Ebay changed the amount of Free listings each level of a store receives in November of 2021.

Which brings up another thing that it would be great if you could follow up on.  The Policy pages on the benefits of having a store are also wrong.  They do not show these extra free listings and they should.  Again this is not a Promo it is a change in the features of a store from Basic to Anchor.

Message 112 of 161
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

velvet@ebay 

Thank you so much for following up on this.  We should keep in mind that this is NOT a "Promo".  Ebay changed the amount of Free listings each level of a store receives in November of 2021.

Which brings up another thing that it would be great if you could follow up on.  The Policy pages on the benefits of having a store are also wrong.  They do not show these extra free listings and they should.  Again this is not a Promo it is a change in the features of a store from Basic to Anchor.

@mam98031  agree these are not a "promo" and should not be presented as such, however, again, just to avoid confusion - these additional listings for select categories were introduced in August 2020, not April or November 2021.

The increase in regular listings for *all* categories was a separate thing that happened as part of the Spring 2021 update and in that announcement they said we *also* get to keep the additional select category listings too.

I know some people were confused yesterday about which listings were being discussed here and it may be important for velvet@ebay to pass the correct info on to the tech department (it's possible there is a correlation to the start date and yesterday), so just to keep things on track - the listings we're talking about here are the additional zero insertion fee fixed price listings for select categories that were introduced August 1, 2020 as shown in my screenshot above.

Message 113 of 161
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

velvet@ebay 

Do you have some links to the pages you're referring to @mam98031? Depending on what I hear back about this, I'd be happy to pass the pages on in case updates need to be made. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 114 of 161
latest reply

@valueaddedresource  and velvet@ebay 

You are right, we are talking about two different things.  The one in 2020 was in response to the Pandemic.  The one I am speaking to is when Ebay raised the free listings for those in Managed Payments.  I know it can get confusing since it is the same numbers.

At the time that Ebay raised the free listings, even though they were category specific, for those in MP, Ebay also allowed sellers at that time that has store subscriptions to downgrade their stores without penalty.  I was one that did that.  

So we are talking about two different things.  The one because we were in MP is a separate announcement and was not a promo.

"In our Spring 2021 Seller Update, we announced that starting April 1, 2021 that most sellers would receive additional zero insertion fee allotments when eBay manages your payments.."

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/New-zero-insertion-fee-allotments-are-now-live/ba-p/3175...

Something I posted earlier in this thread, something I find interesting.  The Spring Seller Update appears to have been changed after the fact as the Update use to show the same numbers as seen on the announcement I linked above.  The Spring Update use to match this schedule, I remember it as it is what made me ask Ebay if I could change my store subscription without penalty and the answer was yes.  I would have never done that if it were a promo and it doesn't read like it is a promo.

Message 115 of 161
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@simply-the-best-for-you wrote:

I have a Premium store & it still shows 10,000 listings.  So mine are NOT missing. 

And if these free listings were still on our accounts, you would likely be fine with a Basic store.

@simply-the-best-for-you 

@mam98031 

How do you figure?  I have over 1000 items listed & the extra listings don't include my category except for shoes & handbags, which I rarely list.   I'd love to downgrade, but I don't see how it's possible.   Fashion sellers have been saying for years that eBay needs a store level between Premium & Anchor.  We've been saying it since well before eBay added an additional store level, but not where most sellers I know thought it was needed.   

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 116 of 161
latest reply

@valueaddedresource  and velvet@ebay 

I forgot to mention the final statement made on that announcement that I previously gave you a link to.

"Finally, as we move away from upfront insertion fees, select categories will see a 0.2% increase in final value fees."

Message 117 of 161
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

I have a Premium store & it still shows 10,000 listings.  So mine are NOT missing. 

And if these free listings were still on our accounts, you would likely be fine with a Basic store.

@simply-the-best-for-you 

@mam98031 

How do you figure?  I have over 1000 items listed & the extra listings don't include my category except for shoes & handbags, which I rarely list.   I'd love to downgrade, but I don't see how it's possible.   Fashion sellers have been saying for years that eBay needs a store level between Premium & Anchor.  We've been saying it since well before eBay added an additional store level, but not where most sellers I know thought it was needed.   

Sorry I was mistaken.  I didn't look to see how many items you had in Toys and Hobbies or Crafts.  I just saw you posted in them.  That is my fault completely.  Sorry.

I believe these are the categories for the extra listings.

• Sports Mem, Cards & Fan Shop > Sports Trading Cards
  • Toys & Hobbies > Collectible Card Games
  • Collectibles
  • Music
  • Books & Magazines
  • Movies & TV
  • Video Games & Consoles > Video Games
  • Stamps
  • Crafts
  • Home & Garden > Greeting Cards & Party Supply > Party Supplies

Message 118 of 161
latest reply

velvet@ebay 

Sorry for the multiple posts.  I know I previously mention that the policy pages describing the various store levels and their benefits do not note these free listings as they should.  The below link notes them, but this really should be included on the policy pages regarding store levels.  People aren't going to think of searching for this policy page when deciding which store is right for them.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/listing-tips/free-listings?id=4163#select

Message 119 of 161
latest reply

@mam98031  No problem.  I wanted to make sure *I* wasn't missing something.   

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 120 of 161
latest reply