cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did the extra 10K free listings in select categories end???

Wondering if I missed some nearly invisible memo.  Shortly after the pandemic started, there was a Promo Subscription of 10K additional fixed price listing in select categories--things like crafts, when all that went crazy.   Right now, mine is not showing as renewed for Aug, only in the expired offers.

Message 1 of 161
latest reply
160 REPLIES 160

@simply-the-best-for-you wrote:

@mam98031  No problem.  I wanted to make sure *I* wasn't missing something.   

Clearly I do sometimes.  LOL

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 121 of 161
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@valueaddedresource  and velvet@ebay 

You are right, we are talking about two different things.  The one in 2020 was in response to the Pandemic.  The one I am speaking to is when Ebay raised the free listings for those in Managed Payments.  I know it can get confusing since it is the same numbers.

At the time that Ebay raised the free listings, even though they were category specific, for those in MP, Ebay also allowed sellers at that time that has store subscriptions to downgrade their stores without penalty.  I was one that did that.  

So we are talking about two different things.  The one because we were in MP is a separate announcement and was not a promo.

"In our Spring 2021 Seller Update, we announced that starting April 1, 2021 that most sellers would receive additional zero insertion fee allotments when eBay manages your payments.."

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/New-zero-insertion-fee-allotments-are-now-live/ba-p/3175...

Something I posted earlier in this thread, something I find interesting.  The Spring Seller Update appears to have been changed after the fact as the Update use to show the same numbers as seen on the announcement I linked above.  The Spring Update use to match this schedule, I remember it as it is what made me ask Ebay if I could change my store subscription without penalty and the answer was yes.  I would have never done that if it were a promo and it doesn't read like it is a promo.

@mam98031  From the announcement you linked to from 4/1/21:

Because we’re offering more zero insertion fee listings for most sellers, you may benefit from upgrading your Store subscription. We encourage you to review the new zero insertion fee allotments to evaluate whether you have the best eBay Store subscription for your business requirements. 

The additional zero insertion fees in select categories remain unchanged. Read more about select categorieshere

The additional zero insertion fees in select categories that announcement was referring to is/was the ones I am talking about from August 2020.

That announcement from 2021 is simply stating that there are more listings for all categories being included in store subscriptions as part of the spring update *and* we also got to keep the additional listings in select categories from 2020.

This:

zif1.png

And this:

2022-08-01_14-41-13.png

Are the same thing - the additional listings were originally introduced August 1, 2020 yes partly in response to COVID but they were never positioned as a limited promo for COVID and they were in fact carried over, confirmed in the announcement you linked to that we would still be getting them in addition to more listings for all categories. and have been part of our store subscriptions either since August 1, 2020 or presumably whatever date after that a seller converted over to Managed Payments.

Again, the reason I think that may be important is it may not be a coincidence that this issue happened exactly 2 years to the day from when these additional listings were first offered - that may be an important piece of information for the tech team to understand and dig deeper into.

Message 122 of 161
latest reply

velvet@ebay wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

velvet@ebay 

Thank you so much for following up on this.  We should keep in mind that this is NOT a "Promo".  Ebay changed the amount of Free listings each level of a store receives in November of 2021.

Which brings up another thing that it would be great if you could follow up on.  The Policy pages on the benefits of having a store are also wrong.  They do not show these extra free listings and they should.  Again this is not a Promo it is a change in the features of a store from Basic to Anchor.

Do you have some links to the pages you're referring to @mam98031? Depending on what I hear back about this, I'd be happy to pass the pages on in case updates need to be made. 

velvet@ebay  one page I know of that doesn't mention these additional listings in select categories is this one:

https://www.ebay.com/sellercenter/payments-and-fees/subscriptions-and-fees

They aren't shown on this chart or anywhere else I could find on that page. It mentions the free auction listings in select categories, but not the additional fixed price listings in select categories.

2022-08-02_15-23-31.png

Message 123 of 161
latest reply

I don't know if the argument is important.  The one during the pandemic was a Promo for a limited amount of time.  The second one was not it was a change in policy.  But if you prefer that it is the Promo from 2020, it is fine.  The end result is the same.

Message 124 of 161
latest reply

Yes I agree, which is something I brought to Velvet's attention earlier in the thread.  

However it does state it on this policy page.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/listing-tips/free-listings?id=4163#select

Message 125 of 161
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

I don't know if the argument is important.  The one during the pandemic was a Promo for a limited amount of time.  The second one was not it was a change in policy.  But if you prefer that it is the Promo from 2020, it is fine.  The end result is the same.

@mam98031  do you have a link or screenshot showing that the announcement from August 2020 was a limited time promo? I've never seen any indication of that, but if you have it, that could be important for the tech team in figuring this all out.

It has nothing to do with my preference, it has to do with figuring out what actually happened here - either those additional listings were a limited promo and advertised as such or they were not.

Message 126 of 161
latest reply

Well you made me go back and look.  I found the following, which is Very interesting.  velvet@ebay may also find this info interesting.

"Starting August 1, 2020, you will get a permanent increase in monthly zero insertion fee listings..."

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/We-re-increasing-monthly-zero-insertion-fee-listings-for...

The above refers to this link which really just complicates our current discussion.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/Listing-promotions-Extended-through-July/ba-p/30871473

Message 127 of 161
latest reply

While I am glad it is resolved the way this was handled was terrible.  Why is it so difficult to say it is a glitch and we will fix it.  Speaking to ebay customer service yesterday was as constructive as asking my cat for help.  I told many customer service reps if you do not acknowledge there is a problem than you cannot help.  The variety of answers I got was staggering and sadly laughable.  While I appreciate the effort to find out what really happened I am not hopeful.  Now I will keep my fingers crossed that I get a credit for the listing fees from yesterday. 

Message 128 of 161
latest reply

Anyone know if / when they will be refunding the insertion fees that were erroneously charged on 08/01/22??

Message 129 of 161
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

Well you made me go back and look.  I found the following, which is Very interesting.  velvet@ebay may also find this info interesting.

"Starting August 1, 2020, you will get a permanent increase in monthly zero insertion fee listings..."

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/We-re-increasing-monthly-zero-insertion-fee-listings-for...

The above refers to this link which really just complicates our current discussion.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/Listing-promotions-Extended-through-July/ba-p/30871473

@mam98031  - right, but that doesn't really complicate the current discussion, imo.

They had run several limited time promos, including one providing 50K additional fixed pricing listings which was clearly advertised as a promo and given a promo timeframe of March 23, 2020, to July 31, 2020.

https://pages.ebay.com/promo/2020/0323/Stores50KInsertions.html

Then they announced that starting August 1st there would be a permanent increase in monthly zero insertion fee listings.

Starting August 1, 2020, you will get a permanent increase in monthly zero insertion fee listings so you can continue to introduce, test, and sell new inventory. These changes will be available to all eBay sellers and you don’t need to take any action.

This Spring, we announced free listings promotions, which proved to be a powerful and effective selling tool in the challenging COVID-19 environment. We want to help you keep this positive momentum going.

The number of additional monthly zero insertion fee listings sellers will receive are determined by their eBay Store subscription levels. Sellers who have been invited and signed up for managed payments will receive additional monthly zero insertion fee listings in select categories.

The permanent increase referenced in that link you provided is what my screenshot from August 1 is talking about - the top part of the screenshot shows the changes for non-store, starter store, and basic store, the bottom part shows the additional increase in select categories for sellers in Managed Payments.

Message 130 of 161
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

velvet@ebay 

Sorry for the multiple posts.  I know I previously mention that the policy pages describing the various store levels and their benefits do not note these free listings as they should.  The below link notes them, but this really should be included on the policy pages regarding store levels.  People aren't going to think of searching for this policy page when deciding which store is right for them.

https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/listings/listing-tips/free-listings?id=4163#select

Hi @mam98031! I was reading through this page and if I'm not mistaken, it is mentioned. I'll include a screen shot below. Is that not the benefit that comes along with store subscriptions that we're discussing? 

velvetebay_0-1659471197791.png

Velvet,
eBay
Message 131 of 161
latest reply

@matchbookrelics wrote:

Anyone know if / when they will be refunding the insertion fees that were erroneously charged on 08/01/22??

Hi @matchbookrelics and @gibsonbk! I'm not seeing where we charged insertion fees to your account. Will you let me know where you're seeing all these charges? I'm happy to pass that on as well, but it will be helpful if I can show them where you were charged. 

Velvet,
eBay
Message 132 of 161
latest reply

velvet@ebay wrote:

@matchbookrelics wrote:

Hi @matchbookrelics and @gibsonbk! I'm not seeing where we charged insertion fees to your account. Will you let me know where you're seeing all these charges? I'm happy to pass that on as well, but it will be helpful if I can show them where you were charged. 

velvet@ebay  - so early into the month it's not likely many people were actually "charged" anything yet - some high volume sellers may have been if they had a lot of listings rollover yesterday, but most sellers probably not.

I can't speak for @matchbookrelics  or @gibsonbk but a lot of sellers impacted by this are concerned about what will happen toward the end of the month if their regular listings not in those select categories end up going over the free limit because the ones that should have come out of the select category allotment didn't.

Some assurance that there will be credits if that should happen or additional free listings that can be used for all categories would help address those concerns.

Message 133 of 161
latest reply

@matchbookrelics wrote:

Your other store free insertion fees didn't cover whatever relisted on the first day of the month?

Message 134 of 161
latest reply

velvet@ebay 

Yes, but you don't see it on the store policy page at all and it should be there.  It was missing for many of our Seller Hubs for a few days, but is back now.  Why isn't this on the policy pages for a store?

Message 135 of 161
latest reply