cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else experiencing a huge drop off in sales and views?

Anyone else having this problem? My sales completely died at the end of the weekend and haven’t picked up at all. My views are much lower and I’m getting no response on my offers which is unusual anyone know what’s up? 

Message 1 of 148
latest reply
147 REPLIES 147

Re: Anyone else experiencing a huge drop off in sales and views?

Yes, my sales have completely dropped off over the past few weeks as well. Wondering what is going on?

Message 31 of 148
latest reply

@goldrushfinds wrote:

I'm enjoying my 48 hour blackout period. Once again I could list gold bricks during these periods and they wouldn't sell.

You had at least 5 sales on the 25th and 1 on the 26th.  How does this equal a "blackout".  Granted we all like more robust sales.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 32 of 148
latest reply

Zero yesterday and 1 today, that's how. I have been listing lots of new items consistently everyday, of items of good demand. A month or so ago, I was building on a pattern of having $100-$400 a day in sales and now over the past few weeks struggling to get anywhere close to $100. This degree of traction is just a total waste of time, making one doubt how wise it would be to invest in any more new inventory, when the sell thru rate is falling at such a rate. Every day I start on Ebay with renewed enthusiasm, but that quickly dies as the days goes on. In todays inflationary world, revenue from Ebay fails miserably. 

Message 33 of 148
latest reply

I normally would sell 10-20 times as much in spring as in winter but there are algorithms that cut off my sales for 10 hours a day or more and it looks like ebay has a AI fake "dropshipper" of their own making that is not making a profit but instead is diverting sales of certain items to certain sellers in a communistic fashion.  My sales have been strategically set to exactly 33 dollars a day on average all year before the cost of stamps and as a seed seller I would normally be making 80-500 dollars a day in April and May.  It's definately a communist AI system (or hacking) and it's highly illegal.  Promoting items does nothing.  I am trying to get a printout of the times of day my sales happen because they only happen in spurts and then dead quiet for many hours at a time, resembling the perception that one dropshipper can see me (while using different names) and nobody else.  If it's actually ebay algorithms and not a hacker then we will have to turn ebay in to the FBI because it's communism and that's illegal in a US marketplace. 

As an example, last week, regardless of price, I have observed 58 listings for a type of seed:  lacinato kale, 8 had sales, 50 had no sales and the ones with sales had numbers of sales as listed as number of items sold: 150 items sold, 53, 63, 124, 32, 360, 82 and 55.  So why had 50 of them not had any sales at all?  It's not because of the price.  It's not because of the order they fall in because the sold items were mixed throughout.  It's because of an illegal communist algorithm.  I'm documenting it and will act accordingly unless it stops.  

Message 34 of 148
latest reply

I would also like to add that to do this to an item such as seeds (or food if it has expiration dates) is a danger to the back up food supply of our country because it could prevent small seed sellers from growing and they might quit.  The more seed sellers there are, the more places the government has to confiscate seeds or food in the face of war or crisis, and although that seems really messed up, there are laws that allow government to confiscate seeds, food and other items from the public in the face of potential famine or war.  Also, to only have certain seeds sell and others sit or certain food items sell and others sit, would not only potentially put those sellers out of business but could destroy the usefulness of what they have.  This is literally an act of warfare if it doesn't stop.  So it's serious.  

Message 35 of 148
latest reply

Sales have definitely been dropping, even since January but especially compared to last year.  We have also seen an uptick in Returns on items that have been installed which means that we can no longer resell those items again due to the nature of our business.  I think people are transitioning away from eBay because eBay has shifted its focus from what it was originally about. 

Message 36 of 148
latest reply

2 refunds this month due to usps losing one package and one failing to deliver and came back to me. Killed my sales. Maybe 2 in the last week. 🥲 throttle me up eBay!!! 😜

Message 37 of 148
latest reply

@eclecticollectibles 

I get these from time to time.  It is important not to assume the package is lost.  First thing to do is go to the USPS website and file for email updates every time there is a new entry on the tracking.  Then go and file for a trace on the package.  99.9% of the time that will do it and in a few says the package is found and starts moving.

I sell on multiple sites and I ship a lot of packages every week.  In all those packages I think it has only been once maybe twice in the past 2 years that they actually lost a package.

Good luck.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 38 of 148
latest reply

Thanks for your reply. It’s lost. First one so I guess I’m lucky. I did a missing mail search through usps and I want to say it’s been almost 2 months since I shipped it. I did get the shipping label back to me from usps sans package so that was interesting. 
I got a sale right after I posted 🤔 life’s coincidences i guess…..

Message 39 of 148
latest reply

I'm still selling my auction items but my fixed price items haven't sold after eBay removed the promoted listings feature  for no good reason. I continue to use the classic version of "create listing" on the seller's hub. Someone told me the new beta version of "create listing" which is full of glitches has promoted listings. 

Message 40 of 148
latest reply

And another sale! Throttling me up eBay 🎉🎈🙌🤣😂

Message 41 of 148
latest reply

There is a Q1 REPORT regarding the state of e-commerce for 2022. Shoppers are going back to the store now that the virus is more under control. Adding that the economy is not that great. Q1 is fairly dismal.

Message 42 of 148
latest reply

Just would like to point out that many people do not have a shortage of money. There are lots and lots and lots of people with lots of money to spend. I never bought into the above excuses for slow sales.

Message 43 of 148
latest reply

Sales have been slow for a very long time. Too many sellers, too

many buyers holding out for give-way prices. What is more concerning at the moment is what appears to be an enormous drop off in traffic. Inflation  is part of the issue certainly but I worry that people are turning away from ebay

Message 44 of 148
latest reply

For nearly a year I’ve been advising small eBay sellers to stop buying inventory and  concentrate on selling what they have for whatever they can get. eBay, like any large corporation, makes decisions that benefit eBay. Clearly dealing with small sellers doesn’t benefit them

Message 45 of 148
latest reply