cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After 20 years on eBay I will be forced to leave because of the ending of Turbo Lister this year

I have thousands of listings on TL that I will no longer be able to list and do not want anything to do with the HUB which is Spyware.

It is sad that eBay is more and more USER UNFRIENDLY, buy happy that they are not the only place to list and if they do not want me to list, I will just go where they do.

As it is now, it takes 100 listing to get 10 sales and I need TL to be able to do those batch listings.

eBay says, that the HUB has ALMOST all the features of TL, but I use ALL the features of TL.

At my age, I do not have  enough life left to waste on eBay's draconian way of ruling and feel more like I have gone from "Member" to "Slave"

The end of TL is the last straw after the nightmare of all the changes in item specifics.

Having to put the SAME name in "Actor" that is already in "Leading Role"  of not being able to list for example.

So stupid and TIME WASTING.

I suspect that many others will feel the same way.

Message 1 of 42
latest reply
41 REPLIES 41

Re: After 20 years on eBay I will be forced to leave because of the ending of Turbo Lister this year

@mam98031 wrote:

@papermoneyforme wrote:

@nll-2003 wrote:
How exactly is this a helpful reply? I have 500+ listings like the OP in my account.

I won't be using eBay anymore either because there's no way for me to deal with my inventory otherwise.

Ebay wants you to open a store so they get the income from your listings.

500 listings is on around $70 per month to list them all.

What a deal for Ebay.

@papermoneyforme 

Listings allotments with the various store levels are NOT the only benefits of having a store.  It isn't that simplistic.  

FYI There is no store level that has a 500 free listing allotment.  Basic is 250 which is 27.95 or 21.95 depending if you get a one year subscription.  The Premium store is 1000 listings, the cost of the store is 74.95 or 59.95.  

https://www.ebay.com/sub/subscriptions

@mam98031

Many of us also have 250 auctions with a basic store and by my count that makes 500.

A premium store would be 1500 total

Message 31 of 42
latest reply

Re: After 20 years on eBay I will be forced to leave because of the ending of Turbo Lister this year

@mrdutch1001 wrote:

Aside from eBay's current file exchange tool, which is about as useless as Seller Hub as any sort of replacement for TL,  all of these "replacement" options are way too costly for smaller occasional sellers who want to keep their inventory where it is accessible and easy to upload to eBay as needed, when needed. I will simply continue to list less and less on eBay....

Last time I looked at some of the various options there were some free options and some low cost options.  I wasn't aware that they no longer existed.  

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 32 of 42
latest reply

@papermoneyforme wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

@papermoneyforme wrote:

@nll-2003 wrote:
How exactly is this a helpful reply? I have 500+ listings like the OP in my account.

I won't be using eBay anymore either because there's no way for me to deal with my inventory otherwise.

What a deal for Ebay.

@papermoneyforme 

Listings allotments with the various store levels are NOT the only benefits of having a store.  It isn't that simplistic.  

FYI There is no store level that has a 500 free listing allotment.  Basic is 250 which is 27.95 or 21.95 depending if you get a one year subscription.  The Premium store is 1000 listings, the cost of the store is 74.95 or 59.95.  

@mam98031

Many of us also have 250 auctions with a basic store and by my count that makes 500.

A premium store would be 1500 total

You are correct.  For certain categories those free auctions can be used.  Unfortunately that only works for sellers in those specific categories.  For many many sellers they can never take advantage of them [such as myself] because they don't sell in those categories.  So for many of us it isn't a benefit of a store level of any kind.

And if your original post was talking about a Basic Store, they don't cost $70 as I previously stated.

Message 33 of 42
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@papermoneyforme wrote:

@nll-2003 wrote:

What a deal for Ebay.

@papermoneyforme 

@mam98031

A basic store gets 250 fixed and 250 auctions in certain categories which adds up to 500 by my count.

A premium store gets 1000 fixed and 500 auctions in certain categories which adds up to 1500 by my count

Many sellers with issues fall into the above.

Message 34 of 42
latest reply

@papermoneyforme wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

@papermoneyforme wrote:

@nll-2003 wrote:

What a deal for Ebay.

@papermoneyforme 

@mam98031

A basic store gets 250 fixed and 250 auctions in certain categories which adds up to 500 by my count.

A premium store gets 1000 fixed and 500 auctions in certain categories which adds up to 1500 by my count

Again, you are correct on this point.  FOR SOME SELLERS.  Certainly not all sellers or likely not the majority of sellers.  The additional auction listings available to store owners is LIMITED in categories in which they can be used.  Which for many of us render them useless as they are categories in which we do not sell.  For other sellers they are terrific because they do sell in those categories.

Message 35 of 42
latest reply

@papermoneyforme wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

@papermoneyforme wrote:

@nll-2003 wrote:

What a deal for Ebay.

@papermoneyforme 

@mam98031

I have been on Ebay since 1999 and am one of the sellers in the collectible category which is the one many sellers are having issues with and Ebay seems to be picking on with all their stupid updates.

I do know the costs of stores but that is not the main issue here.

The main issue is Ebay has been lying to us for the past 2 years and is now trying to justify what they are doing and not doing that just is not cutting it.

SH works but only so far and will NEVER be a replacement for turbo lister and it is time someone from Ebay had the honesty to just tell sellers that.

Excuse my typing errors but I have a pinched nerve and am on loopy meds.

Message 36 of 42
latest reply

@papermoneyforme wrote:

@papermoneyforme wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

@papermoneyforme wrote:

@nll-2003 wrote:

What a deal for Ebay.

@papermoneyforme 

@mam98031

I have been on Ebay since 1999 and am one of the sellers in the collectible category which is the one many sellers are having issues with and Ebay seems to be picking on with all their stupid updates.

The main issue is Ebay has been lying to us for the past 2 years and is now trying to justify what they are doing and not doing that just is not cutting it.

SH works but only so far and will NEVER be a replacement for turbo lister and it is time someone from Ebay had the honesty to just tell sellers that.

I didn't say a peep about how long you've been on Ebay.  It has nothing to do with the conversation we were having.  I respect and have never questioned your experience on Ebay.  

While there are a whole lot of sellers in the collectibles, there are also a whole lot of sellers that are not.  I do disagree that Ebay has been picking on collectible sellers with changes and updates more than sellers in other categories.  I'm confident that sellers in the fashion categories and Health and beauty would strongly disagree with the serious issues that happened in October of last year.  

But you again are correct, the problems many of us have been faced with is beyond frustrating.

I don't think anyone, other than Ebay, has said that SH is an alternative to TL.  So again, you are right.

Now it should be pointed out that in the email Ebay sent out there was this statement too.  

We’re committed to providing you with the best tools and functionality possible, and we’re working diligently to develop a solution that will enable you to continue to list on eBay with maximum ease and efficiency. The new solution will offer many of the same popular Turbo Lister features and functionality, including the ability to manage and edit listings offline. We’ll let you know when it is available.

I'm hoping we can get more detailed information on this soon.  I brought it up on the Weekly Chat that we have one devoted to this in the very near future.  Hopefully that will happen.

Message 37 of 42
latest reply

@mam98031 wrote:

@papermoneyforme wrote:

@papermoneyforme wrote:

@mam98031 wrote:

@papermoneyforme wrote:

@nll-2003 wrote:

What a deal for Ebay.

@papermoneyforme 

@mam98031

I didn't say a peep about how long you've been on Ebay.  It has nothing to do with the conversation we were having.  I respect and have never questioned your experience on Ebay.  

While there are a whole lot of sellers in the collectibles, there are also a whole lot of sellers that are not.  I do disagree that Ebay has been picking on collectible sellers with changes and updates more than sellers in other categories.  I'm confident that sellers in the fashion categories and Health and beauty would strongly disagree with the serious issues that happened in October of last year.  

But you again are correct, the problems many of us have been faced with is beyond frustrating.

I don't think anyone, other than Ebay, has said that SH is an alternative to TL.  So again, you are right.

Now it should be pointed out that in the email Ebay sent out there was this statement too.  

We’re committed to providing you with the best tools and functionality possible, and we’re working diligently to develop a solution that will enable you to continue to list on eBay with maximum ease and efficiency. The new solution will offer many of the same popular Turbo Lister features and functionality, including the ability to manage and edit listings offline. We’ll let you know when it is available.

I'm hoping we can get more detailed information on this soon.  I brought it up on the Weekly Chat that we have one devoted to this in the very near future.  Hopefully that will happen.

They are trying to appease the sellers for the next 5 months.

Key words are best tools and functionality possible ( to who?), many of the same TL  features and functionality ( many of is so vague it says nothing)

I know, everything will be a secret until D Day and then it will be so sorry, TL is gone and then this is the best we can do.

Until they can give specifics , after the last 2 years and what SH can't or won't do, they will not make a believer out of me!

It would be very simple to redo code in SH to make listings stay until deleted and drafts stay until they are deleted and most of the problems will be solved and sellers would be happy.

Ebay is trying to give sellers a choice of listing program or store to overcome their ineptitude and refusal to fix what they are breaking and have broken.

SH has been around for 2+ years and all it is, is a basic listing program. They could have done a great deal more with SH than they have over that time.

If listing programs can do it, Ebay should be able to do it as well, but Ebay has refused to make it easy on sellers.

Message 38 of 42
latest reply

They are trying to appease the sellers for the next 5 months.

I understand why you would say that, however I don't think it is likely.  While it may help the situation right now as some would be waiting to see what Ebay came up with.  But when it came time to retire TL and if Ebay didn't do this without any reasonable notice.  Even more seller would be upset with Ebay because they weren't looking for alternatives, they were depending on Ebay to release a new program.

Key words are best tools and functionality possible ( to who?), many of the same TL  features and functionality ( many of is so vague it says nothing)

I am not sure what this has to do with our discussion as "keywords" have nothing to do with TL functions or the pending retirement.

I know, everything will be a secret until D Day and then it will be so sorry, TL is gone and then this is the best we can do.

I don't believe that is true.  So we have a difference of opinion here.

Until they can give specifics , after the last 2 years and what SH can't or won't do, they will not make a believer out of me!

That is fair.  Hopefully we will have some soon.

It would be very simple to redo code in SH to make listings stay until deleted and drafts stay until they are deleted and most of the problems will be solved and sellers would be happy.

I think that it is doubtful it is "simple" to do this as it affects far more than just the SH.

Ebay is trying to give sellers a choice of listing program or store to overcome their ineptitude and refusal to fix what they are breaking and have broken.

TL is a very very old program and it is likely that FACT that is the problem.  Just too old to integrate with Ebay much longer.

SH has been around for 2+ years and all it is, is a basic listing program. They could have done a great deal more with SH than they have over that time.

I agree.

Message 39 of 42
latest reply

After eBay Turbolister stopped, my office was totally destroyed. Our employees working remotely prepared lots in this program. These lots could be exported and imported, very quickly and conveniently, put up for sale at the right time, or take a break. More than 100 thousand lots have been made, the Turbolister program is very simple and convenient, and even a beginner who is not able to do anything needed just to set up a sample and show a few simple operations.

After our work was destroyed, we make attempts to replace Turbolister with at least something, even if it will be a paid and less convenient program, but so far we are failing in this. For example, Siksbit with a huge number of completely unnecessary functions for work, and the inability to import files, and incomprehensible restrictions.

Of course, we understand that it was necessary to prepare for the cancellation of Turbolister, especially since there was a warning in advance. But still, we hoped that at least something would be in return! We would quickly master the new program, rebuild, and continue working. But now there is nothing in return, an empty space!
Usually, before deleting something, something is done instead, so many are at a loss)

Message 40 of 42
latest reply

@goodman777-2008 

You may have a misunderstanding about Sixbits.  You CAN transfer files from TL to Sixbits.  And Sixbits offers a package called Sixbits/Turbolister.  This package offers 6 months free and 14.99 thereafter.  So since you have already gotten a bit familiar with this program, maybe the answer is to learn a bit more about it as you CAN transfer your TL files to Sixbits.

Message 41 of 42
latest reply

So far it looks like you are still here. 

Message 42 of 42
latest reply